Transportation Questions

jgoens

Earning My Ears
I was wondering about feedback on the various types transportation services. As it stands it looks like a limo service would suit our needs best. I don't want to take Disney bus because our hotel is the last pickup (CBR) and I want to get to the ship earlier. I don't think that I need a car for the time that we are on Disney property either--seems like kind of a waste to me then. I can get transportation to the hotel pretty inexpensive.
I know that Disney promotes the Happy Limo company. Any feedback about Happy or any of the others? Service, timeliness, courtesy, etc. There is going to be 5 of us going to the hotel and 10 of us (meeting up with the rest of the gang) going to the ship.

I am really starting to get excited now. We leave on 12/3 and our package starts on 12/4 (Didn't want to waste a whole day in the air as we are coming from the West Coast) :)

Anxious to hear from all of you seasoned travelers......
:Pinkbounc

When I contacted ******** (www.********.net), they were very inexpensive for a van and I have heard very good things about them. Their price beat everyone for our quote, (we needed several parts, airport to hotel to port to hotel to airport). I have not used them personally yet but have gotten very good reviews when I researched them.

Hey Tiffany.

When I contacted ******** (www.********.net), they were very inexpensive for a van and I have heard very good things about them.

What in heaven's name did you recommend???

Hi jgoens.

Any feedback about Happy or any of the others?

We have used Tiffany Town Car. Highly recommend this car service. MCO to port, port to WDW and WDW to MCO. Total price was $205 + tip in a comfortable van.

We used ******** in November and absolutely had great service! We had extraordinary circumstances through our whole trip like getting in to MCO at midnight, needing to get picked up to go to the ship at AKL and then go back to the Poly to get luggage in bell closet, then picked up at ship and take inlaws luggage to an airport hotel so they could leave very early the next morning, then take all of us to POR, then pick inlaws back up at 10pm at POR to take them to hotel and then pick me and my family up 2 days later to take us back to MCO. They were VERY accomodating for us, Rabbit (the owner) called me every step of the way, confirmed with me flight times on the phone, helped me decide what time to leave, told me where to have the inlaws stay the night before they left so they could get a free airport shuttle and even let me prepay it on my credit card so I didnt have to deal with money when we were there so all I had to do is deal with tipping!

It was a great experience and we plan on using them in April/May when we go back!

Heidi

Are we now not allowed to mention the name of transportation companies on the boards? I think I know which one is being discussed here, and have posted a link to their site (and others) in the past. Have the rules changed?

I guess not...I have posted their link many times on here as well and have talked about them as well too....I didnt realize that it was against the rules to post their name although some names are still listed like Tiffany...I dont understand why.

Heidi

I booked a limo with fltours.com for our next cruise, the reservation was handled professionally and others have had positive experiences with them.

I also contacted a1limobus.com who gave me a siginificantly lower price on our 1 way trip to the port from mco. They have Hummer and Excursion limos .... told DS14 we'd splurge for the hummer if there are no d's on any report card this year!

Hope these names post ok!

I definately didn't type that so I guess it was edited out by the moderators. I assumed since people were asking for suggestions about companies, we could post, I guess some companies have rights to be recommended on these boards and some don't. I suggested Your Ride, don't know if it will show up or not. Maybe you can pm me or email me at vgaskin@aol.com if that is allowed.

We used the happy one last time and were happy. This time we are renting a car from MCO to the Port and renting again at Port to MCO. I found the best rate at the rental agency that begins with a "b" and it fit our budget very well. I understand they will shuttle us to and from the office to Port.

Bumping up, wondering if a moderator would care to comment....

I just spoke to someone from a1limobus who said that they do not do airport pick ups anymore. That's too bad if it's true. Their Hummer and other luxury limos looked like an awesome way to start our January western cruise. Has anyone received any different information?

Our group used 'Your Ride' in Dec, for a very reasonable price had excellent service with Rabbitt. Since then they've been sold and apparently are having some problems, as their name 'seems' to be banned on the Dis transpo board.

Two weeks ago we used 'Cartier' and again had excellent service.
It eliminates a lot of stress. They are waiting at baggage for you, help you load, make a stop is necessary. Ditto on return.
'Cartier Towncar' chg'd $150 RT from MCO to Port. Both companies offer discount coupon on their site.

Many have used 'Happy Limo' and been very satisfied. We did request a bid from them, however decided not to go with them as their quote was higher to begin with, plus there was an automatic 20% gratuity, plus $2.00 airport chg., - total charge was $195. To be honest, we tipped quite well, 25% for our driver. We just did not like the idea of them demanding what percentage. Good luck and have fun!

is there a good parkling lot for cars? Mom and C are driving in from Panama City

I just replied to the quote I received from 1limobus regarding the airport pickup. Let's see what they say.

Silly question ... but ....

If there are 4 of you in a towncar ... does someone sit in the front seat? Or can a family of 4 fit in the back?

We've used Tiffany twice-car and limo both were wonderful. In the car one my dh sat up front. There were 4 of us.

I'm not sure if Arts' shuttle goes to the hotels or not. We got a great price of $100 for roundtrip service from the airport to the port for 3 for next June. I know normally at the ports they use big passenger vans, but they said we would be in a mini-van by ourselves.

Heard back from A1limobus .... they do provide limo service from the airport, no towncar service though.

Has anyone used ******** lately? They gave me an awesome quote and have heard wonderful things about them but anyone used them in the last month or so. If so, please let me know your experience. We are ready to book and I want to make sure they are still as good as usual.

Thanks justcruisin for the follow-up on a1limobus. I'll try them again. Just wondering, did you find their prices competitive with the other companies discussed on this board?

The price from a1limobus was significantly lower for our one way trip. I'm hesitant to post the price. Haven't really decided which service we'll be taking, though leaning towards a1limobus. Would love to hear some ++++ feedback from others who have used them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter