Transportation options for party of 5, RT MCO/WDW resort question

daisylovesdisney

Mouseketeer
We'll be four adults and one child flying in next week headed to a WDW resort, each with our own carry on suitcase and backpack. Not sure with 5 people if it makes more sense to do something like Mears/Sunshine Flyer or will work out to be about the same price just to get an uber or car service? Anyone else with a party of 5 do one or the other recently? Trying to gauge the price differences.

Thanks!

Car service will always be the most direct and time-saving option. Uber and Lyft will not usually be able to accommodate 5 plus luggage.
Sunshine Flyer and Mears Connect can take forever with multiple stops.

Thanks for the info, I think we're going to use Uber XL. I've been checking the price and works about just about the same (or a bit less) than us all paying for Mears or the Sunshine Flyer and this way we can go straight to the resort.

I really miss the days of the Magical Express.

Looking into this for when all of us go in Feb. think we’ll stick with Lyft when it’s just us and another couple in October. Thanks again.

Uber XL will you all n the luggage. Book ahead.
Book abead for your return to MCO. You cannot reserve a time leaving MCO since you have no idea what kind of flight delays youre going to experience. Others have no idea how long it will take to get luggage. No point on risking a no show fee

We ended up using Uber XL from MCO to the GF on arrival day and then back again on check-out day. Was able to fit the 5 of us and our luggage. Ended up costing about $15-20 more with the tip than it would have with Sunshine Flyer (since my son would have been free). That price difference was worth it to us for the direct ride. We had a 4 minute wait for the car at the airport and 8 minute wait for the car at the GF to return to the airport. Not sure if we got lucky or that's the usual but thought that was extremely quick. We had a good ride with both drivers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter