Transportation from LAX

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by DantePD, Apr 6, 2018.

1. DantePD

DantePD Mouseketeer

Heya! This is going to be our first trip to Disneyland, after multiple WDW trips. We're going the first week of December and are scouting for transportation from LAX. As I understand it, Disney's Magical Express costs $50 a person, so our party of 3 is looking for something a tad lower cost. So, how do folks tend to do this? Cab? Uber? Hitchhiking?

If it helps, we're all adults, will have one suitcase each plus our respective messenger bags

2. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

You will get varying responses, but I have had good experiences with Super Shuttle. The app lets you track your car and the pick-up/drop-off was efficient. Now, for every story like this you will also see a horror story, for Super Shuttle and all of the shared ride services, so the experiences obviously vary. I plan to use them again in a week and I will report if I have any issues.

siskaren likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. dec2009mama

dec2009mama DIS Veteran

our family normally does private car service but on a recent solo trip i used karmel shuttle -- from the time I advised them I was ready for pick up to the hotel was less than an hour, it was great!
    only one other family of 4 was in the shuttle with me and I was dropped off first -- i am using them in a couple of weeks but this time I will have my son with me, hoping for another great experience!

bumbershoot likes this.
  5. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

I've used Super Shuttle to get from LAX to DLR and it ultimately comes down to price versus time. Super Shuttle was about $17 to $20 per person (depending on where you're being dropped off - note that if you specify Disneyland, it's higher priced than one of the hotels/motels in the area) and it took about 90 minutes from pick-up to drop-off (it took 45-minutes to get out of LAX and then another 45-minutes to get to DLR). I haven't taken a taxi/Uber/Lyft from LAX, but I have used those elsewhere. I did a fare estimate and it came back at around $50 for LAX to DLR (Lyft). So in your case, I'm not sure there is much cost difference between Super Shuttle and Uber/Lyft, so it comes down to time and whether you're comfortable with Uber/Lyft. Uber/Lyft are likely to be faster (I'd guess about an hour in all), while Super Shuttle can vary (I'd say anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours depending on who else is in the van with you).

6. alliecat523

alliecat523 DIS Veteran

Super Shuttle isn’t bad. I’m just impatient and don’t like to wait for others or make additional stops. If you can roll with that, they should be fine.

7. ParkHopper1

ParkHopper1 DIS Veteran

bumbershoot likes this.
  8. Zippa D Doodah

Zippa D Doodah <font color=red>Suffering from Fairy Alienation.

Me and my family are headed to DLR (and other western destinations) this June, I'm leaning toward renting a car at LAX. But then again it makes sense mostly because I will be driving to other destinations after DLR for a few days

9. Laundress

Laundress DIS Veteran

We used Lansky last week. LAX to DLH. Fast, comfortable and easy.

10. MNtwinsplus1mom

MNtwinsplus1mom Mouseketeer

We used Lansky too. Loved it. Met us at bottom of escalator near baggage claim, and price included a grocery stop on the way to the hotel.

11. ParkHopper1

ParkHopper1 DIS Veteran

Many people overlook this as an option. You have to price it out but I have had more than one trip where renting a car was either cheaper or a wash to even a round trip Uber!

12. Mickey&JoshNut

Mickey&JoshNut <font color=purple>It's not nice to distract the c

We used Lansky on our Christmas trip to Disneyland...loved the grocery stop, saved us money on water and snacks...drivers were pleasant, and the vehicles were spotless...it does cost more than the Disneyland Express or Super Shuttle, but it was so nice to be in a vehicle with just your family...we plan on using Lansky again this year when we return for Christmas....

MNtwinsplus1mom likes this.
  13. Laundress

Laundress DIS Veteran

I want to add how much I appreciated our driver. He texted and ended up calling me because I ended up at the wrong baggage claim. He collected my bags while I finally found the right place to be and we were ready to walk to the car right away

14. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

I paid $32 round trip in December (with tip it was $38) and I think it took about an hour, and this was with it taking awhile to get out of the airport due to construction, and I think there were two stops before mine. This was late on a Saturday morning.

15. davidl81

davidl81 Mouseketeer

How about service with kids that are car seat age? Cost is not a huge factor so I am okay with a car service type of setup if needed. I just really don't want to check the car seats if I can help it. I thought about renting a car also, but then I have to check the seats, plus the stress of driving in an area I have never been before.

16. dec2009mama

dec2009mama DIS Veteran

if your kids need car seats the only options I am aware of are:
    ~disneyland express bus
    ~private car service (ie: lansky's) that provide car seats

17. davidl81

davidl81 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up on Lansky's. $125 is not really that bad when you figure a lyft is $80 ish and a shuttle is about that same price for four people. Plus I would rather have the private car (and the store option is pretty nice).

smartlabelprint and kerreyn like this.
  18. Laurie DeUmberto

Laurie DeUmberto Earning My Ears

How much Lansky? We are only 2 adults.

19. Mickey&JoshNut

Mickey&JoshNut <font color=purple>It's not nice to distract the c

When we used Lansky for our Christmas 2017 trip, it was $230 return ($120 from LAX to DL and $110 from DL to LAX). Service was top notch. Plan on using them again this Christmas.

20. Laundress

Laundress DIS Veteran

We used Lasky 3/2018. $120.00 for the 3 of us. The price is per car not per passenger. Driver met us at the baggage claim with a sign with our name on it and a luggage carrier. Stop at a grocery store was included. Our car was a Suburban.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  21. vicarrieous

vicarrieous DIS Veteran

NM found it.