Transportation from Epcot to AKL

megami

Earning My Ears
I'm looking to go from Epcot after closing time to AK Lodge so I can pick up some zebra domes before we leave. However, we're not staying in a disney resort this time. Are non-resort guests allowed to take the buses from Epcot to AK lodge and back again? Thank you!

Edit: also, will there be a bus going back to Epcot or TTC from AK lodge after Epcot has already closed? I don't wanna be stuck at AK lodge at 10-11pm.

Yes. Nobody will check resort ID. Just walk on. But let's look at your logistics. You want to leave Epcot at close (9pm, or 9:30 if you watch Illuminations). It takes time to get to the front gate. Lots of other people leaving at same time. You get to AKL Bus line and may wait 1-2 or more buses to get on (closing crowds). Now you're really leaving Epcot at 9:30-9:45. Fifteen minutes to AKL, walk to food court, hopefully there are still some Zebra Domes in the case at that late hour. If it's like POR, technically the food court is open til 12midnight, but food to order until 11pm. Gift shop should close at 11pm (going by POR gift shop hours).

It could definitely be 10:15-10:30 before you're ready to leave AKL. There won't be a bus back to Epcot, because the park is closed. I'm "guessing" there would be a bus to TTC, but if you plan to board the monorail at TTC back to Epcot, that won't work. Buses and monorails stop running one hour after park closing. Resort monorail loop stays open later.

Do you plan to have a car at the TTC or Epcot, or taking a hotel shuttle at a certain time from TTC?

Thanks for the great reply. Yes we are planning on driving and parking, probably at the TTC.

I didn't think of them even running out of the zebra domes by late night! Also having breakfast at Poly on leaving day. Would it be safer/more guaranteed to go from Poly to AKL around lunch time? We're quick eaters! Just not sure about the transportation from resort to resort. Also planning on driving this day and using visitor parking at the Poly.

As long as you have your car, why don't you drive from Epcot at closing over to AKL. If your car isn't at Epcot that day, you can move it to Epcot for no charge. You are allowed to park at more than one lot for your daily fee. Just show your receipt.

At AKL, tell the Guard at the gate that you are stopping in to look around the lobby and do some shopping. I can't think of any reason why you can't get a short-term parking pass there. Trying to get the ZDs on Epcot nite will save you time on departure day.

Now the same can't always be said of the Poly parking lot. It gets real full, with non-guests trying to park there for free instead of in the pay lots. If you have a reservation at Poly for table service, they will most likely let you in on a short-term pass. If you're going to Captain Cook's for quick service, you will probably get a short-term pass, just not as certain. It depends on if it's a busy season/holiday weekend, that sort of thing. If there's any problem at Poly, it's easy to park at TTC, take the tram to where they let you off at the monorails, and walk over to Poly.

Thanks for the great advice! For some reason it hadn't even crossed my mind to drive to AKL after Epcot.

We have a reservation at Kona Cafe but depending on time might cancel it for Captain Cook's, but at least we'll have a definite reservation for getting in.

With how large WDW is, how many plans and configurations you make for each day's activities, it's easy to miss things. I have done it, and had something better pointed out to me, many times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter