Transportation from Disney Resort to Universal Resort (and back again)

bhyer

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Wondering if anyone could tell me what my best option would be for arranging transportation from a Disney resort (Polynesian) to go over to Universal for a few days. I don't want to rent a car. And the problem is I'm not sure what time we are going to want to head over (we are spending the day at Animal Kingdom and not sure when we will want to leave).

What forms of transportation could we use that we could give only an hour or two of notice?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Uber/Lyft/taxi. All available within minutes of you needing them.

Just curious, is it pretty easy to get an Uber to pick you up early in the morning to head to Universal for the day? If you want to get to Universal for opening, what time do you suggest leaving the Polynesian?

If you're using Uber, I would leave the resort an hour prior to park opening.

I'm still debating an early dinner reservation at Ohana on our Universal day -- I hadn't planned on staying from rope drop to close, just rope drop, touring hard to hit the rides we have selected, and leaving by mid afternoon. About how long, from the park gates, would you budget for an Uber from Universal to the Poly?

I can confirm that from WDW resorts to Universal, a taxi is approximately $46 each way including a tip, and that includes having to sit for a while in rush hour traffic.

I can also confirm the same ride, the same time of day and the same wait was less than $20 using Uber, for what thats's worth.

Each trip at its worst for us at the end of the day was about 40-50 minutes. First thing in the morning, I think it was about 20-25 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter