Transportation Between WDW and Port Canaveral

RabbitGrabber

Earning My Ears
Hey there! We'll be on the February 21th, 2020 Disney Dream Cruise. Our plan is to land the day before the cruise and stay at Shades of Green at WDW resort. After the cruise we have 5 days in the parks.

I see they have a Disney Cruise bus, but can anyone recommend any cheaper options between WDW and Port Canaveral?

It depends how many people you have. If you have 4 or more people Renting a minivan for a one way drop off is often cheaper than the cost of Disney bus at 35 a person. But I would only rent on the day you want to transport unless you need a car during your stay. We have found a minivan for one day for 99 a day. On the other hand, taking the bus is just so easy. Personally I much prefer it. If you do rent a car for the drive to the port, drop off luggage and the family at the port. Then return the car. It’s easy to get one person with no luggage on a shuttle to the port. The wait for a shuttle for several people with luggage can take a while. My husband has dropped us off, returned the car and met us in the port terminal, in the meantime, I’ve checked in. When he arrives we go to supervisors desk to get our pictures taken. It’s very easy,

It's not cheaper, but we have used Tiffany Town Car. It might be cheaper if there are 4 or more of you, but not for the two of us. We have no interest in renting a car but don't want to wait for the DCL pickup, so the last two cruises we have had Tiffany pick us up at about 915 and we are usually at Port Canaveral about opening time.

Disney recommended MEARS to us for a drop off and pick up. Lyft is looking to be more cost effective for us though. I also looked into the Minnie Vans and if we were 4 or more it would make sense but since we're only 2 we're going with Lyft.

We hired a town car from Port Canaveral to Shades of Green, but I don't remember the company. Disney transportation doesn't run at Shades of Greens, so you'd either have to take the DCL transfer from a different hotel anyway.

Hello! We will be on the same cruise. We will be transferring to the port from the Poly and I haven’t decided how we are getting there yet either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!