Transportation Advice - HS to MK

Kathy Muniz

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We'll be spending a day at Disney World during our cruise in November and would like to do HS in the morning and head out around 11am to go to MK.

Which mode of transportation would you recommend to get to MK fastest?

1. Uber to contemporary and walk to MK
2. Uber to TTC and take monorail to MK
3. Is there a direct bus from HS to MK?
4. Is there another option I missed? (Excluding the express bus, there are 5 of us and spending $95 is just too much)

Would like to get there are fast as possible, but not have to walk a ton since it'll already be a full day for us. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant to exclude that option... $95 for 5 of us to hop over to one park is just too much.

Yes they still have the free buses outside the entrances just as before to each park. Depending upon the wait time for the free bus though an Uber or Lyft to the Contemporary could still be the quickest option, but probably only 10-15 minutes.

Hi all,

We'll be spending a day at Disney World during our cruise in November and would like to do HS in the morning and head out around 11am to go to MK.

Would like to get there are fast as possible, but not have to walk a ton since it'll already be a full day for us. Thanks in advance.

1. That'll be quick, if the car shows up soon and there's not much traffic.
2. I wouldn't.
3. Yes, there is. Whether it's faster or slower is luck-of-the-draw timing.

Hi all,

4. Is there another option I missed? (Excluding the express bus, there are 5 of us and spending $95 is just too much)

I would go with 3.

Ok so if there is a bus available as we're leaving then we'll do that. If not we'll do uber... has anyone walked from the contemporary before? Just wondering how long it takes.

Can't you walk to Boardwalk from HS (or Beach Club/Yacht Club) and take their bus to MK?

has anyone walked from the contemporary before?

MK-to-CRBLT%20NoDock_052715_zpskm24ursn.jpg

If the walk from CR to MK is too much for you, take uber to the Grand Floridian and take the monorail one stop to MK. That's what we do when we stay at the EP resorts!!!

If the walk from CR to MK is too much for you, take uber to the Grand Floridian and take the monorail one stop to MK. That's what we do when we stay at the EP resorts!!!

Yup.
I was aboard that 2-minute ride for about 35 minutes this last trip.
(They had a dead train in the MK station.)

They've always had direct transportation between the parks.

I know they always had transportation from resort to park - but not park to park. I thought that was something they added a couple of years ago?? Or have I lost my memory completely??

I know they always had transportation from resort to park - but not park to park. I thought that was something they added a couple of years ago?? Or have I lost my memory completely??

They have always had park-to-park buses, boats or monorails..

Nope, there's always been transportation between the parks. Going to or from MK used to involve going through the TTC, which technically wasn't direct, but it's always existed. It would be rather difficult to park hop if they didn't. ;)

i dont know what im thinking of then -- we went i want to say in 2012 and skipped a year and by the following year they added something new transportation wise that we didn't have before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter