Transportaion to Theme Parks

ordinary

Earning My Ears
Hi we are planning a disney trip for december and are most likely going to stay off site. I am wondering if there are other ways to get to the parks other than the shuttles offered by the hotel? Thanks

other then the obvious of car and taxi...there are buses, but it depends where you was thinking of staying really. The Lynx bus does go to Kissimmee and International Drive but to be honest its going to take you a bit of time to get to WDW using them. Even if you are near to a bus stop you will prob need to transfer. They do however drop you in the ticket and transportation center in WDW so its handy for the monorail to Epcot and MK and also the boat to MK..
I would suggest hiring a car or staying on resort.:)

Some shuttle systems are better than others. A lot of off-site hotels and condos offer a couple of options early morning, couple of options in the evening, some run one at closing, some don't, etc. Seems to me that the closer to the parks you are, the better the schedule. Wyndham Bonnet Creek, for instance, has a number of options throughout the day (still a gap of some hours in the early afternoon).

There's also variety in where they drop you off. Some drop everyone off at the same place (usually the TTC) and people are expected to make their way to the other parks using Disney transportation, some break it down a bit finer. Wyndham Bonnet Creek has one shuttle for the MK/Epcot (which may drop you off at the TTC, I dunno -- could catch a monorail to either from there), and one for Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

And for some you have to reserve the night before and there's a limit to how many people can go; others just run the shuttle on a schedule and you show up or you don't.

Whether it'd be cheaper to stay further off site and get a car, or closer to WDW and use a more frequent shuttle, I dunno. Just saying I'd find out what they mean by "shuttle" before making that decision. Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter