Transplant Appointments and mixed news

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by TheDisneyDoll, Apr 27, 2019.

1. TheDisneyDoll

TheDisneyDoll DIS Veteran

Back in 2016 I received a double lung transplant after spending three weeks on life support in a coma caused by by end stage Cystic Fibrosis.
    The transplant caused a lot of other health conditions that I currently deal with including diabetes, GERD, nerve damage and a handful of other things. After going through chronic rejection my new lungs were severely damaged and i'm in consideration for a second transplant should my health decline much more (i'm slightly to health just yet to be relisted)
    I was inspired after making a comment on my personal blog how I struggle with managing my diabetes properly and I got a lot of replies of people going through the same thing so I collaged together this video over viewing my appointment.

I got some exciting news in the form of being offered a drug trial but I also received some bad new. I have severe acid reflux (GERD) and it is causing problems with my lungs, weight and I may need surgery in the future to fix it.

2. sjrec

sjrec DIS Veteran

I’m so sorry you are going through all this-I so hope you get stronger and better so you can fight this. :hug:

3. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

:hug: Glad you got some supportive comments from others who are struggling. - Things are always easier to deal with when you don't feel so alone. I hope the new routine works out!