Transient Accommodations Tax for 2022

Ya I saw this when I was doing my research for our trip and I threw up in my mouth. Had to add it to the budget. It’s not cheap for sure.

Side question, is there state tax charged on top of the TAT?

Ya I saw this when I was doing my research for our trip and I threw up in my mouth. Had to add it to the budget. It’s not cheap for sure.

Side question, is there state tax charged on top of the TAT?
Yes. There's an additional 10.25% state tax. From the second link,

"Effective immediately, the City and County of Honolulu is requiring Aulani Resort to charge Guests and DVC Members an additional 3% county “transient accommodation tax” or “TAT.” This will be in addition to the existing 10.25% TAT charged by the State of Hawai‘i."

"Effective immediately, the City and County of Honolulu is requiring Aulani Resort to charge Guests and DVC Members an additional 3% county “transient accommodation tax” or “TAT.” This will be in addition to the existing 10.25% TAT charged by the State of Hawai‘i."
Yes, I read that, I guess I didn't frame my question correctly. Is that 3% TAT taxed the state tax much like when you buy an item, it's taxed i.e. 13.25% TAT * state tax?

Yes, I read that, I guess I didn't frame my question correctly. Is that 3% TAT taxed the state tax much like when you buy an item, it's taxed i.e. 13.25% TAT * state tax?
No, the state doesn't tax taxes. The 13.25% is already tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter