Transformers and Spiderman Ride Question....

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I looked at these on YT, but would like the experts (you) to confirm....

Are Spiderman and Transformers essentially the same thing? Is it is ride vehicle that spins from screen to screen (3D or 4D). They both looked like a spinning ride, but nothing was on an actual track you follow, you just go back and forth.

1. Yes. They are "essentially" the same ride.
2. The ride vehicle does move along a track, not just back and forth. They move along a track as if you're in a car speeding through a city, stopping at a screen to view a "scene". When that scene is done, you move along to the next one.

1. Yes. They are "essentially" the same ride.
2. The ride vehicle does move along a track, not just back and forth. They move along a track as if you're in a car speeding through a city, stopping at a screen to view a "scene". When that scene is done, you move along to the next one.

Thanks. Makes perfect sense. Do the vehicles spin a lot? If somebody got motion sickness easy, could they just close their eyes so they do not see movement on the screen or will it be felt in the vehicle as well?

Thanks. Makes perfect sense. Do the vehicles spin a lot? If somebody got motion sickness easy, could they just close their eyes so they do not see movement on the screen or will it be felt in the vehicle as well?

I get motion sickness very easily and those two rides don't bother me.

Transformers spins around completely one time, and Spiderman twice...if I'm remembering correctly.

I find Transformers now affects me, especially this year. Spider-Man has always been fine for me. We did SM around 6 Times in a row some days this trip.

I can do coasters but not Simpson’s. Now I’ve taken TF off my list of rides as I felt so bad coming off his year. Not sure why but it certainly seemed “rougher” for want of a better word.

Closing eyes never works for me, it makes me feel worse, but works for some.

I get very motion sick and the movement of the cars does not bother me.

Some of the screens bother me, but I am able to close my eyes and then it's no problem.

The Simpson's I am also able to close my eyes in some parts and I am still ok.

Men In Black ride, that one makes me ill. The car spins in complete circles x2 a couple of times. I can not handle this ride.

I do not get motion sickness, but these are my observations:

If "spinning" is an issue with you I would have to say you should be more concerned with Men in Black. However, the spinning motion is a lot more slower than it has been in the past. You can always try to close your eyes, as others previously stated, but for some it works, some it doesn't. Some take certain things before going on certain simulators. I cannot recall what people take, or do before, so if anyone has any suggestions I'm sure they'll let you know.

Between Spiderman and Transformers, Spiderman spins more (still not much). Technically the only full 360 I remember in Transformers, was divided up by stopping in the middle of it. Unless there's another I do not recall. For the most part the rides itself technically is not spinning, but turning partially to one side, or another and moving towards a direction, sometimes turning behind, but not a full 360. Either way, due to it being just a video and it's fast pace, makes it appear as if it's turning around repeatedly.

In general roughness (not spinning), out of all the simulators The Simpsons is the worse in terms of that. It was a fun ride when it first came out, with it's new screen and it's animation, but unless you're in the front row it's not worth much, since if you're in the back everyone's heads will be blocking the view and you're going to feel even more tossed around in the back.

That being said, the only tip I can give you to not feel so much motion (on any simulator) is ask to be seated in the front row while also stating that you're willing to wait for the next ride vehicle in order to due so. However you cannot technically request this on The Simpsons, as once everyone gets into the ride vehicle area it's whoever gets to the room first, who gets to choose first where to sit.

As others sadi they are the same ride system and do move along a track. However both have very different feels to them and do not feel liek teh same ride at all. Both are great and some o the best rides at Universal.
As for motion sickness they seem to be pretty good for people. Have hada few friends and family that get motion sickness adn never had issues with them. The screen resolution is realy clear so is not as upsetting froma visual stand point and the car moves around a lot but it's not so extreme to bother with motion. There is more side to side/along track and rocking/bumping type motions than full on spinning.

There is movement, but they do not do a lot of spinning. There are turns and some quick movements, even a little bouncing, but in my experience, I was not sick to my stomach at all. I get motion sickness very easily and I was able to handle both of those attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter