Transferring points question

DVCBELLE

Princess at Heart
I am going in September. I had points transferred into my account for my brother to use for his stay.

In November we went and made an impromptu decision to stay an extra night so I don't have as many points as I had planned on for our upcoming September trip. I am short 6 points.

Its no big deal - but I am trying to figure out my best option.

1. I can fly in the next morning and have points left to bank for the next year.
2. I can rent all 20 points I need and bank the points I am not using as a result of renting.
3. Have points transferred into my account.

This is where my question comes in. Since it is only transfer per use year - is there anyway to get points transferred in that I can use. I have an October Use Year so if I find someone with Sept 2010 use year points transferred into my account - is that considered a 2010 transfer and then I can use those points on a September reservation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also -if I do rent and have them book one night for me - then can I link the reservations so I won't have to change rooms - we are already switching rooms once so I definately do not want to do anything that would force me to switch twice.

By your description I am assuming that you got 2009 transfered into your acount in the past. Just transfer in Feb,March, April, June, Aug or Sept 2010 points, The retain their origonal characteristics so the 2010 points will be currnet by September.

bookwormde

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter