Transfer points??

pamkat1820

DIS Veteran
I am in the process to bidding on another resale contract. We had one just taken by the ROFR monster! SSR 60 $134 🥹😒

This add on is purely for extra points to top off what we already have. Our home is BWV UY March

Can you please explain the ins and outs of transferring points from one contract to the next
With different UYs and Home resorts

Here are my intentions: purchase an add on 60-100 points to transfer to our BWV contract yearly to make one reservation all at once…,.

What I know is u can only transfer once a year..

Questions: once I transfer the points to BWV I can make a reservation all at once at 11 months out at BWV?

Can I modify it at 7 months to another resort?

What if there are points left over can they all be banked or once transferred they all must be used?? Use or lose?

Just need to get the facts before I bid…,

Thank you everyone

I am in the process to bidding on another resale contract. We had one just taken by the ROFR monster! SSR 60 $134 🥹😒

This add on is purely for extra points to top off what we already have. Our home is BWV UY March

Can you please explain the ins and outs of transferring points from one contract to the next
With different UYs and Home resorts

Here are my intentions: purchase an add on 60-100 points to transfer to our BWV contract yearly to make one reservation all at once…,.

What I know is u can only transfer once a year..

Questions: once I transfer the points to BWV I can make a reservation all at once at 11 months out at BWV?

Can I modify it at 7 months to another resort?

What if there are points left over can they all be banked or once transferred they all must be used?? Use or lose?

Just need to get the facts before I bid…,

Thank you everyone
Transferred points retain their home resort and UY. At 11 months, only BWV points can be used to book BWV. So,if your add on is BWV but a different UY and therefore different membership from your current, then yes, you could transfer the points and combine them to make a reservation at 11 months. But if the add on points have a different home resort, they can’t be combined with the BWV points until 7 months.

So, if your desire is to book BWV at 11 months, your add on needs to be BWV. If they have the same UY as your current, they’ll be in the same membership and can be combined without having to transfer. If they’re a different UY, you can call MS to transfer them, but you’ll have to be careful that their UY fits the reservation you want to make.

Transferred points can’t be borrowed, but they can be banked. Their banking deadline depends on their UY, not on the UY of the membership they’re transferred into.

One last edit: points are transferred from one membership to another. They are not transferred from one contract to another. One membership can hold multiple contracts, and those contracts must have the same UY and be titled the same.

Last edited:
Points don’t transfer into contracts…they can move between memberships.

DVC creates a temporary contract to hold them. As mentioned, this only happens when you have different UYs, and it changes nothing about the points.

They simply can be used together with your BWV points at 7 months, unless they are BWV points.

For the experts on transfers. I currently have a June HHI contract. I am wanting to add to this to enable a booking every 2 years. We are currently in June 2002 use year and want to book in 2023 use year but would need both of the add on points in 2022 &2023 to book what is needed. If I added a March contract for HHI and needed both the 2022 and 2023 points from this contract, is that possible if can only transfer once per use year and have to book what is needed at 11 months? I am asking this because there are several March contracts for sale at this time for the amount that could work but not any June.

For the experts on transfers. I currently have a June HHI contract. I am wanting to add to this to enable a booking every 2 years. We are currently in June 2002 use year and want to book in 2023 use year but would need both of the add on points in 2022 &2023 to book what is needed. If I added a March contract for HHI and needed both the 2022 and 2023 points from this contract, is that possible if can only transfer once per use year and have to book what is needed at 11 months? I am asking this because there are several March contracts for sale at this time for the amount that could work but not any June.
Yes, MS can transfer both 2022 and 2023 March UY points to your June membership. You would also need to ask MS to bank the transferred 2022 points. You could book HHI at 11 months using the transferred points, but MS has to do it, you can't do it on the website at 11 months, only at 7. Keep in mind the transferred March points still expire at the end of Feb. Also, the rule for one transfer per use year doesn't seem to get applied to owners with multiple memberships transferring between memberships.

Yes, MS can transfer both 2022 and 2023 March UY points to your June membership. You would also need to ask MS to bank the transferred 2022 points. You could book HHI at 11 months using the transferred points, but MS has to do it, you can't do it on the website at 11 months, only at 7. Keep in mind the transferred March points still expire at the end of Feb. Also, the rule for one transfer per use year doesn't seem to get applied to owners with multiple memberships transferring between memberships.
thanks

if a points purchase is split into 150 points and a smaller contract with same use year nd resort, how easy is it to combine them to book a room 11 months out?
does member services need to be called?
is it better to just buy one big contract?

if a points purchase is split into 150 points and a smaller contract with same use year nd resort, how easy is it to combine them to book a room 11 months out?
does member services need to be called?
is it better to just buy one big contract?

As long as it’s the same membership, like you mention with same resort, same UY, and same owners, then using is easy.

You just make sure you choose both contracts when booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter