Transfer from MCO to Universal Studios Hotel

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by minnie the mouse, May 14, 2017.

1. minnie the mouse

minnie the mouse Earning My Ears

Hi, my family and I are doing a two centre holiday in October and need a transfer from the airport to Universals Royal Pacific Hotel. I was wondering if anyone knew what the best option would be.

MTIA

2. saintrob

saintrob DIS Veteran

We do this quite often and use a taxi. It's convenient and relatively cheap. At Easter it was approximately $45.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. sam_rogers

sam_rogers painting with all the colours of the wind

We used Tony hinds to get from mco to cabana bay resort at universal last year and he was $100 for a round trip. He came really highly recommended on these boards and I completely agree with the reviews about him. He's really friendly and his van was clean. This was the first trip where we didn't hire a car and I wouldn't hesitate to use him again if we needed transportation. If you want to contact him for a quote aobh607@gmail.com, he was pretty quick to get back to me.

5. Diz22

Diz22 Earning My Ears

Another recommendation for Tony Hinds. Used him august 2016. We booked in advance,via email. He replied quickly and I was impressed by his professionalism. Our flight was delayed due to bad weather - he had checked and waited. He helped with luggage, his SUV was clean and comfortable. He was friendly and chatty but never pushy.
    He drove us to the Royal Pacific st Universal, after checking if we wanted a shopping stop.
    He picked us up 5 days later and drove us to Disney's Old Key West at a time to suit us, again checking if we needed to stop off for supplies.
    We paid around $100, 60 after the first journey and 40 after the second and communicated by email.
    I was impressed and would definitely use his service again.

6. minnie the mouse

minnie the mouse Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone, I think contact Tony!!

7. mitchfishguard

mitchfishguard Mouseketeer

Booked a luxury SUV for november with Mears Transport,as theres 4 adults with the appropriate luggage. Met at airport by a dedicated driver. Big company that I trust. $77 after a website discount. Already paid, so one lees bill over there !!

8. Fiona35

Fiona35 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if Tony Hinds would pick up just 2 passengers & luggage, as I see he just has a large vehicle?

Thanks

9. sam_rogers

sam_rogers painting with all the colours of the wind

Yes he will. Last September it was just me, dh and 2 suitcases :thumbsup2

10. scoobydooby2016

scoobydooby2016 Mouseketeer

I have used Tiffany Towncar several times and can recommend them. You pay online but tip the driver in person. They offer a 30 minute grocery stop if you need one. You need to call them once you're in the airport.

11. zavandor

zavandor DIS Veteran

I have used Uber from the Universal Resort to the airport and it was convenient and cheap, being not much more than 20$ (I cannot find the receipt for the exact amount). However the other way around may be a bit more problematic. They cannot take you at the airport, being an exclusive of taxi companies. So you have to take a rental car company shuttle to go outside the airport and then call Uber from there, making it much less convenient.

12. Jon84

Jon84 DIS Veteran

Always Uber now!