Trains, Planes and Taxis - I need to get to LAX

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
I am flying out of LAX on a Friday night and need to get to the airport using public/private transportation. My flight leaves about 11:00 pm. I usually drive but that is not possible this time. Here are my ideas so far:

1. Take Amtrak from San Diego to Anaheim. Get a taxi to an Anaheim area hotel and take a shuttle to the airport. No Angels game scheduled for that night so finding a taxi should be easy.

2. Take Amtrak from San Diego to Union Station in Los Angeles. Arrange some type of private transportation to the airport.

Any ideas on which would be better? I am not familiar with LA traffic on a Friday night.

Thanks

Neither of those seem like great options. Cloud 9 Shuttle in San Diego used to offer a daily shuttle to LAX from San Diego, I'm not sure they still do though. You could also look into a town car. I think either of those options will be cheaper and more convenient for you. The train doesn't get you anywhere near LAX unfortunetly.

**Ok nevermind a towncar to LAX would cost you more than your plane ticket probably did. Bad idea!**

Melissa

Hey, Lesley -- I can offer private transportation from Amtrak - the airport. I'm used to the drive, & I need to do research at the land, anyway ;)

Does anyone else have any ideas? (The MaryJo shuttle is booked that night)

What is the traffic like from Anaheim to LAX on a Friday night after 8:00 pm?

sorreeeeeee

The traffic is actually pretty good - it starts flowing about 7pm...

Also, I've noticed that it's busier going west to east on the 91, and flows more quickly east to west

I thought I would update this post since I am leaving tonight. I am taking Amtrak from San Diego to the Anaheim station. Supershuttle is picking me up directly from that station and will take me to LAX. On paper it looks good but I will let you know how it actually works out when I get to the ship tomorrow.

Hope it went well for you, Lesley...and you are having a great time!

Do Not Take Supershuttle!!!

They were over 1 hour late picking me up from the Amtrak station in Anaheim and I missed my flight. I was so upset. I actually sat down in the middle of the terminal at LAX and sobbed uncontrollably when I could not board the plane. Delta would not help me find another flight so I had to have my DH call every airline and walk from terminal to terminal until I found a flight that night. Thanks to their Supershuttle's error (they hung up on my during my third call to them), I had to pay almost $700 for a one way ticket in order to get to the cruise terminal.

tink33, i'm so sorry that happened to you. supershuttle is overrated & customer service is awful, that's why i haven't recommended them to others. be sure to write your letter and mail it to the top! clearly it was their fault for being an hour late!

OMGosh, Lesley -- I had no idea. :( I wish I could have taken you. What a rotten thing to have happen. That's too much to have to handle.

Is SuperShuttle at all liable for compensation when something like that happens? I hope they are because that is unacceptable.

:hug: my friend. I hope that the rest of your week turned out better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter