train from DLP to Calais, is there one?

denise

The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
Hi all,

Planning our trip for next July and thinking of taking the ferry at Calais over to Dover to catch the Magic and do the Baltic cruise. Anyone out there ever taken a train from DLP to Calais? A better question would be is there one?
I was looking at the Eurostar and taking the train from Paris to Ashford is very expensive and then we have to get from Ashford to Dover. Thought the ferry would be better and it drops us off right at Dover just a few blocks from the place we are staying.
Any thoughts?:confused3

There does appear to be a route between the two places, although you seem to need to change trains at Lille.

If you don't mind doing that then the website I looked at charge about $60 for a one way trip :thumbsup2

There does appear to be a route between the two places, although you seem to need to change trains at Lille.

If you don't mind doing that then the website I looked at charge about $60 for a one way trip :thumbsup2

Thanks, do you remember that web site? Do you think this would be a better route then the train from DLP into Paris then onto the train that goes thru the tunnel that would take us to Ashford and then on to Dover? It just sounds so much cheaper!
Also do you just purchase the tickets then or do we really need to get them ahead of time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter