Trail's End or elsewhere?

Momto3cuties

Mouseketeer
We are planning to do the campfire singalong/smores and movie at Fort Wilderness on our last night (3 little ones 5 and under, not sure we'll last through the movie). Would you eat dinner at Trail's End (since we are headed there) or grab something elsewhere?
What about the boat ride over? Better than driving/bus from resort? Think my boys might enjoy the boat ride

We really enjoyed the food at Trails End, its has something for everyone. We took the bus from our resort (CSR) to MK, than the boat to Fort Wilderness. We love the boat ride.

Trails End is one of the better buffets on WDW property. And reasonably priced too! You may want to read the dining reviews here when trying to decide. :disrocks:

Your kids will love it. Boat from MK is a good choice, though it takes about 30-45 minutes total. If you decide to drive or bus to FW, be aware that you'll then have to switch to another bus to reach The Settlement @ FW, where most everything is located.

we also did Trails End on our last night and it was a good choice, the kids liked the food and i enjoyed the fried chicken. This time though i plan on staying for the campfire and exploring FW a little more since we will be staying at WL right next door.

We ABSOLUTELY loved the boat ride from MK to Ft. Wilderness...it was a nice way to cool off & wind down before dinner at Trails end. The buffet was awesome. The best fried chicken EVER! The au gratin potatoes were great. The carved beef/strip steak was amazing too. Also had a fun dessert bar, make your own sudaes...I would highly recommend it!

What time would you do a ressie for? We want to make the campfire and singalong. Pretty sure the campfire starts at 7:30,would 6:15 dinner be OK? And how long for the boat ride to Fort Wilderness?

I woul do 6PM as you will need to take a bus to Meadows trading post to get to the Campfire. I highly recommend Trails End I make a point to always plan a meal here breakfast or dinner. Best value and good food.

We enjoyed Trails End on our last trip. I'd certainly go with that for the convenience. Our kids DD14 and DS10 found plenty of things to eat. If you get to Fort Wilderness early enough, take a trip over to the barns where they house the horses. Your little ones may enjoy that.

Take the boat to Fort Wilderness. If you drive, you have to park in a lot at the other end of the property and take a bus to the area where Trails End is. The boat is much more fun, especially for the kids. ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter