Trails End ???Anyone???

DisneyMom2Boyz

Mouseketeer
Hi All!
I just booked today Trails End and I can't find out much info. Is there a reason? Can anyone give me some feed back? Is it worth trying? Is it worth the cost of a buffet? Does anyone have some pictures or know where I can see any? Thanks, I know that's a lot of questions! :rotfl2:

Our Ratings of Trails End: (rev 8/7/12)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: D
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The above ratings are for breakfast and dinner, which have
good, tasty comfort food. We like them both as dining alternatives,
as they are reasonably priced for Disney meals. Lunch, however,
is far, far behind in quality and value. In Spring-2011, they changed
lunch menus and we no longer recommend midday Trail's End. For
dinner, try the fried chicken and "make-your-own-potato" bar. At
breakfast, you NEED, NEED, NEED the sticky buns. Also, the nice
thing about breakfast, is the low crowd level, since many campers
prepare breakfast at their site. Trail's End Breakfast Buffet is the
second best breakfast buffet, just behind The Wave breakfast buffet
at Contemporary.

We went there three times last year (end of oct 2011) twice for supper and once for breakfast. We really enjoyed it there! The food was good the service was great and there was no crowds when we went. Wonderful!

We ate there in April. It was decent. I've had much worse. I've had better. I would go back. It's a nice change of pace. If you want something different, give it a shot.

with Rusty on the lunch. we experienced the lunch from the menu and it was edible at best but the breakfast and dinner buffets are wonderful and a great alternative to the character meals. We like to do breakfast on the days we are skipping lunch and having a late dinner :)

Mickey Waffles....ooohh...yeah!

We ate dinner there last week. It was one of the best WDW buffets I have had. The food was plentiful. There was a lot of variety. The ribs and fried chicken were really yummy. We will definitely be eating there again!

We were there for dinner in September. We thought the food was really good.

When we first were seated there were only 2 or 3 people in the buffet line, but by the time we were done eating, the line went through the whole place! It was a little annoying, because we wanted to get "just a little more" before leaving, but there was no way we were going to stand in that loooong line.

Plus, the line went right past our table, so I felt like everyone was hovering over us and our kids to see our food. It was a little weird.

On the plus side, DD (5) was not in an eating mood, and I was worried about getting charged the full kids buffet price for her when all she ate was a little tiny bowl of mac and cheese. Our waitress was wonderful when I brought it to her attention (before the bill came), and she talked to the manager and ended up charging her as an infant (which was free). That was so nice of her!!!

We would definitely go again - but probably for an early dinner to avoid the crowds again.

I think I am in the minority, but Trails End is on my never go back to list.
The night we went the line was out past the dining tables beyond the dessert bar. The buffet was a disaster with food spilled all over. The food was just ok, not worth the mess, wait in line, or the time it takes to get back there using the internal bus system.

I think I am in the minority, but Trails End is on my never go back to list.
The night we went the line was out past the dining tables beyond the dessert bar. The buffet was a disaster with food spilled all over. The food was just ok, not worth the mess, wait in line, or the time it takes to get back there using the internal bus system.

We didn't have as bad an experience as you, but agree. It was not worth the trip over for the meal and not on the return list. But, it may be a local thing for us. Here in KY, we have great fried chicken and BBQ.

We were there last weekend for dinner and have mixed feelings.

We had an ADR and still had to wait, what is frustrating is that we weren't waiting for a table to open up but just for someone to seat us. With tired and hungry kids, that is not a great way to start the meal. Then we get inside and the first thing my kids seeks that the ice cream machine is missing :( Our server was fine, not great, but not horrible. The kids and I enjoyed the food but DH did not enjoy it at all! We also found the foods to be miss labeled and not being restocked quick enough. We were staying at WL so it was just a ferry ride back and forth but DH said definitely not worth it and won't go back. I wasn't impressed enough to fight him on it either.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was there for lunch one day - not particularly good. However, they were rehearsing the Hoop-dee-doo show next door, and invited Trail's End diners to bring their lunch in to the theater and see the show. So for the price of a lunch, we got lunch and a show.

I do like breakfast there though.

I know I say this frequently on the restaurants board and that I surely sound like a broken record, but it's our absolute favorite (we've always gone during dinner). There isn't anything on the buffet that I wouldn't recommend, and it's one of the cheapest buffets on property. We love the fort as well, and it's well worth the transportation for us (a bus from usually pop--sometimes pop--and then the boat from MK to fort wilderness). We've never experienced lines anywhere near what pps have indicated, but we've also only eaten there in January, so keep time in mind when considering all of our reviews. I'm sure I have pictures somewhere. I'll go check my computer and try to get some up for you!

Please excuse the ridiculousness of these photos. I'm a picky eater, so I always try a tiny bit before I commit to more, which is when I took the pictures. Also, none of my food is allowed to touch a different kind, so that'll explain why not only is there so little, but it's also spread so far apart. :rotfl:

100_5978.jpg

Yeah...I like ranch dressing... :blush: And while this is just lettuce, carrots, and a bucket of ranch, their salad bar is fairly extensive if you're one to load up.

100_5980.jpg

Rice, corn, fried chicken, mashed potatos (they don't really look it, but they're very yummy), and a cheese potato thing?

100_5981.jpg

Ribs and clam chowder.

100_5982.jpg

Prime rib from the carving station and mac 'n cheese.

100_5983.jpg

Sorry for the mostly-eaten plate. This was an apple cobler.

100_5984.jpg

And now a la mode. The cobler was quite warm. That ice cream didn't last so long!

100_5985.jpg

Now I know what you're probably thinking. Hidmickey, where'd you get your top-notch photography skills? This kind of quality only comes from very full buffet bellies. This, though, is ice cream with chocolate sauce and covered in cookie crumbs. I've also made more than one ice cream sandwich with the softserve and the cookies [kind of] pictured here, and they were delightful.

I'm missing some photos from other trips at the moment, so this is just a sampling of the food. They also have non-fried chicken, salmon, chili, some other meat on the carving station, corn bread, and some other things. Hope you enjoy your meal there!

Hi everyone, newbie to posting here, but not to Disney.

I have a question about their lunch menu. On the official Disney site there are 2 different menus linked. One has regular fried chicken and waffles and syrup, the other lists fried chicken in a pumpkin waffle sandwich. Has anyone who has been there recently confirm which menu is accurate? I'm curious to try the chicken and waffles, but have no interest in the pumpkin version. It would affect your decision to go there. We have been before for dinner and enjoyed the buffet and thought it was a good bargain. But I have never been at lunch.

Thanks in advance.
Wendy

'Seasonal' items seem to me to be popping up on more menus lately.

If there's a new menu item anywhere with pumpkin, it's pretty much bound to be seasonal. It will probably revert back to the regular version by mid-winter.

Thanks Quinn, that's what I assumed. Was just hoping someone who had just been there would say it was still a normal menu - the thing online was wrong.

Does anyone know if you can get the sangria at Trails End that they serve at HDDR? Love me some sangria!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter