Traffic

Rhugsins

Earning My Ears
We will be doing the 2 hour ATV tour at Kualo Ranch- the one we signed up for is at 3:30pm the Friday after Thanksgiving. Should we plan on doing something near the ranch after the tour to avoid driving in rush hour traffic back to Aulani? Will there be bad traffic at rush hour the Friday after Thanksgiving?

We will be doing the 2 hour ATV tour at Kualo Ranch- the one we signed up for is at 3:30pm the Friday after Thanksgiving. Should we plan on doing something near the ranch after the tour to avoid driving in rush hour traffic back to Aulani? Will there be bad traffic at rush hour the Friday after Thanksgiving?

Wow. Good question. I've been to Aulani 4 times but not over Thanksgiving. I know how to avoid rush hour traffic on Oahu, but that being the day after Thanksgiving, no doubt the traffic patterns will be different from a "normal" workday. If it was me, I think I would call both Kualoa Ranch and Aulani and ask for their recommendation since they are right there on island. If you get someone that has lived on Oahu for a good while, they should have a very good idea of what you should expect.

Let us know what you find out, as you have a very good question! :thumbsup2

Driving in Rush hour back from the Kualoa Ranch might add 15-30 minutes to your trip. If you want to be back at Aulani just drive back to Aulani.

Black Friday traffic will be a little lighter than regular friday traffic but there will be traffic on H1 from Red Hill to Waikele offf ramp.

You are doing the 2 hour tour starting at 3:30 so will be done and leaving the ranch about 5:45pm. It will take you almost 45 minutes to drive from Kualoa ranch to the bottom of H3 on the leeward side so that is almost 6:30 or so. Traffic is ususally thinning out by then and should take you no more than 30 min to get Aulani from when you get on the H1 freeway. I would say if you are hungry, stop by at Haleiwa Joe's Haiku Gardens. It is on the way back from Kualoa to H3 freeway and they have a really good prime rib! PM me if you have any other questions and Ill help you.

I'm wondering now if it makes sense to bump it to that Saturday. We are checking out of Aulani on Saturday and heading up to Turtle Bay for 2 nights- would that be a good "on the way" activity? Then we would have some more "just Aulani" time on Friday.

I'm wondering now if it makes sense to bump it to that Saturday. We are checking out of Aulani on Saturday and heading up to Turtle Bay for 2 nights- would that be a good "on the way" activity? Then we would have some more "just Aulani" time on Friday.
That is a possibility as Turtle Bay is about 45 minutes or so after Kualoa ranch.

if you check out of aulani and do kua loa ranch “on the way”, you’d have your luggage in your vehicle while at kua loa ranch (probably not the best idea). if you swing by turtle bay first to check in and store your luggage it should be ok. black friday...I’d avoid the malls/target/etc. parking is kinda rough on those days and traffic can get backed up anywhere near a mall. things gonna be a bit more intereting with no toys r us this year as well.

aulani itself may not see quite as many locals flood into it on friday as on most weekends...so doing kua loa ranch on sat may also give you more aulani time when its less crowded as saturday will probably still be busy.

I moved Kualoa Ranch to Saturday and I think we'll drive up to TB first, check-in and then go down to the ranch. That will give us all of Friday at Aulani but full expectation of it being super crowded.

Make sure to watch your time. As you have to drive 45 min past kualoa ranch and then it will be about another 45 min back to kuloa ranch. You can go the via north shore route and hit tb first. But that ddrive is longer than going up via H1 and H3.

After Kualoa Ranch, we did Byodo-In Temple and Kailua Beach while we waited for rush hour traffic to clear. Didn't hit much traffic trying to get to either place. They are both in the opposite direction of Turtle Bay though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter