Trading in my addon AP vouchers???

Hogzilla

Happy DVC Member
When I added on this spring I got 2 AP vouchers and a 1-day, 1-park pass. I plan on trading these in and getting 4 MYW tickets when we go in July and stay at AKL Concierge.

Does anyone know if I can do this at AKL? If not, where will we need to go to accomplish this?

Thanks

I don't know that you can trade in the AP voucher to MYW tickets. But I do know that the only place that you can exchange the vouchers is Guest Services. There is one at MK, AK, and MGM, two at Epcot (outside the main gate and at the International Gateway) and Downtown Disney.
I exchanged my kid's AP vouchers at the International Gateway in March.

According to my DVC Guide, they are exchangable for equal value towards other tickets. Thanks for the info. Looks like I will need to head over to one of those locations after arriving at the AKL.

Thanks

I'm quite certain that you can't "downgrade" any type of pass....

You could pay to change your freebie AP into a PAP, but you can't use the value of an AP to get MYW tickets......

You can always try to sell the AP vouchers on Ebay......The vouchers are totally transferrable...... :sunny:

Tink10 said:
I'm quite certain that you can't "downgrade" any type of pass....

You could pay to change your freebie AP into a PAP, but you can't use the value of an AP to get MYW tickets......

You can always try to sell the AP vouchers on Ebay......The vouchers are totally transferrable...... :sunny:

Two things on this. My guide said we could exchange them for MYW tickets and I would be extremely upset as that was part of the reason we added on when we did. Secondly, I called GS at disney and spoke with a ticketing agent, who was not familiar with the DVC vouchers, but said that if we were told by DVC that they could be exchanged, they would honor that statement. I guess I will find out for sure in July.

I'd be sure to have your guide's contact info...just in case. Would be a shame to get to the window and find out differently.

Or better yet, get your guide to put it in writing...in an email with his/her contact info at the bottom. That way, you'd have something in writing to present.

I thought you could only upgrade also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter