Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace for Dinner

pup975

Earning My Ears
I've seen a few post here about Trader Sam's Grotto and the wait times to get into the Grotto. We're wanting to have a cheaper version of Ohana and getting dinner with ordering the noodles/dumplings/meat skewers at the Tiki Terrace. We're going in May. We've been to Disney several times but never bothered to go to Trader Sam's. Is there usually a wait to sit on the Terrace if we get there around 5:30PM?

I've seen a few post here about Trader Sam's Grotto and the wait times to get into the Grotto. We're wanting to have a cheaper version of Ohana and getting dinner with ordering the noodles/dumplings/meat skewers at the Tiki Terrace. We're going in May. We've been to Disney several times but never bothered to go to Trader Sam's. Is there usually a wait to sit on the Terrace if we get there around 5:30PM?

The Terrace is usually not that busy - everyone wants to be inside. You should be able to walk up pretty easily at that time. The food isn't spectacular though as they are mostly about the drinks. You can get the tiki mugs on the Terrace too though if you are wanting one.

Tambu Lounge has skewers, Trader Sam's has dumplings and Capt. Cook's has noodles. Unfortunately, all three only appear together on the 'Ohana menu. The food is good at Trader Sam's though (IMHO), so if you like the other menu items, it's still a fun place to eat.

Tambu Lounge has skewers, Trader Sam's has dumplings and Capt. Cook's has noodles. Unfortunately, all three only appear together on the 'Ohana menu. The food is good at Trader Sam's though (IMHO), so if you like the other menu items, it's still a fun place to eat.
And I’m fairly sure the noodles from capt cooks are not the same as Ohana noodles. And tambu doesn’t serve food to go but is a lounge where you can order and eat what’s on their menu.

We’ve ordered food at Capt. Cook’s and taken it to to the terrace, but if you sit there you must order drinks from trader Sam’s. Just FYI :)

And I’m fairly sure the noodles from capt cooks are not the same as Ohana noodles. And tambu doesn’t serve food to go but is a lounge where you can order and eat what’s on their menu.

We’ve ordered food at Capt. Cook’s and taken it to to the terrace, but if you sit there you must order drinks from trader Sam’s. Just FYI :)
DFB reported recently that you can order pretty much the entire ‘Ohana menu at Tambu, including the noodles and dumpling, plus the wings and bread pudding. I don’t think you can do ‘Ohana lite on the terrace.

I know this isn't what you asked, but you can order the 'Ohana meal as room service called The Twilight Feast - it's on the room service menu. It's all the foods- salad, pineapple bread, appetizers, meat skewers, bread pudding & juice- delivered to your room. You said you wanted to eat cheaper than 'Ohana - depening on how many in your party this could be. It's about $60 for 1 adult feast - which is more than enough to feed 2 adults with a hearty appetite. We fed 3 adults on 1 feast. There is also a child's portion for less $, you can order 1 adult & 1 child to feed a family of 4. Much cheaper than the check sitting down at 'Ohana!

I know this isn't what you asked, but you can order the 'Ohana meal as room service called The Twilight Feast - it's on the room service menu. It's all the foods- salad, pineapple bread, appetizers, meat skewers, bread pudding & juice- delivered to your room. You said you wanted to eat cheaper than 'Ohana - depening on how many in your party this could be. It's about $60 for 1 adult feast - which is more than enough to feed 2 adults with a hearty appetite. We fed 3 adults on 1 feast. There is also a child's portion for less $, you can order 1 adult & 1 child to feed a family of 4. Much cheaper than the check sitting down at 'Ohana!
Did you order the feast recently? I've read here that the portion size has been reduced and was wondering if it was a fluke/off day?

Did you order the feast recently? I've read here that the portion size has been reduced and was wondering if it was a fluke/off day?
Yes just 2 weeks ago. It was the same large portion size that we had in 2017 & 2015. The only thing changed was the increase in price LOL.

Yes just 2 weeks ago. It was the same large portion size that we had in 2017 & 2015. The only thing changed was the increase in price LOL.
Thank you! There was a period that it had gotten smaller. Glad to hear it’s back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter