Tracfone vs. Net 10

mcar33

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know which is better. This will be for a 13yr old boy for emergency. Just not sure which is a better deal, I have read somewhere one here about some codes for tracfone so with that in mind I just don't know which is better. The tracfone is 19.96 and the net 10 phone is 49.96. Any advice would be appreicated.

Dh calculated the rates of all the prepaid wireless services. Tracfone is the best deal with the $19 phone and the 1 year Double Minute card. We both have Tracfone's and we have not had any problems. If you would like a reference for 100 free minutes PM me.

I purchased Tracfone for DS age 12. It serves the purpose and then some. We use the Tracfone when we travel and recently purchased a second one to replace my Cingular phone. Wal*mart has a Tracfone for around $19.00. We like the fact there is no roaming when we travel. We also purchased the one year double minute card. :sunny:

I agree - the tracfone is a better deal. I was looking at all the prepaid plans before I purchased mine in March. I like Tracfone because they offer the year cards so you aren't locked in to buying minutes every 30 or 60 days (even if you don't need them) just to keep your phone active. To me, it was too much like a regular phone contract KWIM? Plus with Tracfone, you can get 100 free minutes if you get a referral from a current Tracfone user. And you also get 10 extra minutes if you activate online (super easy). PM me if you have any questions and I'd be happy to give you a referral email for the extra 100 minutes.

Happy Easter!

I haven't done the math, but Net10 is 10 cents a minute whereas Tracfone has free bonus minutes codes out all the time. Some are even double minutes. So initially, it may seem like Tracfone is more per minute, but with bonuses & getting & giving referral minutes, IMO, Tracfone is probably a better deal.

You may think your teen will only use it for emergencies, but what teen really does that? There will be a few friends here & there he may give the number to & those minutes will eventually add up. (Some phone are able to receive text messages for free.) Having those bonus minutes as he grows up with the phone may be better in the longer run. :banana:

thank you all very much, and if anyone gets any current codes for double minutes or any great offers please post or pm me thanks a million!

Don't BUY a phone, you can get one FREE when you buy a 1 year card ~~ Plus, get 470 minutes included!

nokia110.jpg

Here's how the cost breaks out:
$99.99 = Phone + 250 minutes (reg $49) + 1 Yr card (reg. $99)
+ 0.00 = Free 20 minutes when activating online
+ 0.00= 100 Free minutes with code 59879
+ 0.00 = 100 Free minutes ($30 value) with referral **
(**PM me if you need one)

------------------------------------------
$99.99 = Phone + 470 minutes + 1 Yr Card
- 5.49 = QuickRewards earned
$94.50 - Phone + 470 minutes + 1 Year's Service
+ 4.95 Shipping
$ 99.45 Total (+tax)

We have this phone and it's great because you can call FROM anywhere, TO anywhere with no roaming. Plus, incoming text messages are free.

If you don't want the 1-year card, you can still get this PHONE FREE when you buy a 60-minute card for $19.99,
Plus you still get your 100 minutes for referral, and 20 min for activating online. So that's 180 min + phone for $20!

To go through QuickRewards: www.quickrewards.net
To go direct to Tracfone: www.tracfone.com

Hope this helps! :sunny:

I was reading on the sams club web site ( I was pricing their minutes) and it said roaming calls use 2 units for time is that correct? If so then roaming really isn't free? Sorry for so many questions. My husband and I have regular cell service through Alltel, but are trying to teach our son responsiblity.

It depends on the phone and your location I think. I have the Motorola flip phone v170 and roaming is free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter