TR: Disneyland and Vegas

Amberle3

<font color=CC0066>Likes to absorb the park<br><fo
Well I'm recently back from Disneyland and Las Vegas, and now have my trip report online. You can find it at http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/dec04.htm .

I'm more fond of Westjet than ever before now. I flew Air Canada this trip. I have almost enough Aeroplan miles for 2 tickets, and once I have those miles I'm going to stop collecting Aeroplan miles so I don't feel compelled to fly with Air Canada ever again. I still rate them above Jetsgo, but I certainly won't fly with Air Canada if there's any other choice.

Sounds like a good trip despite all the bad luck. Thanks for the link to your report. Why were the planes late? Was it due to the weather? There were so many storm brewing during that time period. Guess I've always been lucky with AC. I fly with them several times a year on business and have had no problems to speak of unless bad weather hits but then that effects all the airlines but that only happened once.

You know it was a good trip. It's funny, we were just saying that - there were so many disasters and near disasters that it very easy could have been just a terrible trip, but we still had a good time.

I have no idea why the AC flights were late. It seems that every time I've flown with AC in the last few years the flights were late. Out of Winnipeg the flight pretty much left the gate on time but was delayed actually getting in the air, partly due to de-icing and partly due to more or less "waking up" the engines. The pilot said they had to try and .... can't remember the word, kind of a rebooting.. of one of the engines because the plane had sat all night and it was cold and the engine wasn't responding properly.

The flight out of Vancouver, no idea why it was late.

The flight out of LA, was late arriving TO LA and all they would say is that they were delayed in Montreal.

The flight we ended up being on out of Calgary left the gate a few minutes late (it was there on time) but got in to Winnipeg 30 minutes late. We did sit on the tarmac for a bit in Calgary though.

And will all the late flights, I still can't believe that the only flight that was on-time was the flight we were supposed to on out of Calgary that we missed. And not only was it on time, but it apparently left early, knowing there were people in the airport rushing to try and get it. So frustrating.

I did notice on the morning flight we were on that there were several "standby" passengers that they put on the flight. We ended up with only 1 open seat on the plane, and they were calling standby passengers for at least 10 minutes before boarding to tell them they were okay to go. So possibly they filled the seats of the connecting people on our original flight thinking that we wouldn't make it there on time, and so when we were actually in the airport we wouldn't have had seats anymore anyway.

I still can't believe that the ticket agent tried to blame our missing the connecting flight on Customs.

I appreciate your trip report. Although we have been to Disneyland (ages ago!), we have never been to Las Vegas and my DH is taking me to the Rodeo Finals next December for my birthday present. It is very helpful to read your experiences in LV.....even the socks! :cool:

I enjoyed reading your trip report and can just imagine how glad you were to get home! I even felt relieved! I'm glad that you still managed to have a good time, in spite of everything that went wrong!

Dh and I are looking into going to DL this summer and it was helpful to read about your experience, along with the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter