TR -Dexter and Skylar Drive Mommy Crazy! With Pictures and Videos. Updated 2/17/09

As you know DING was a waste of a day. But keep me posted if you find something good!! :hippie:

:laughing: I just started a thread on the Transportation board b/c Southwest has $122 on the way there and $149 on the way back. It is still higher than I'd like, but better than what I've seen.

I'm thinking about booking it and hoping for a DING later on to get some money back. I think the $122 is a pretty good price all things considered. I still do not like the $149, but I'm thinking to book it just to reserve my spot on the plane and hope for a reduced price later on.

It's still $292 per person when all is said and done. :faint: However, I think the price will go down, but I don't want to lose the flight times I want. KWIM?

:laughing: I just started a thread on the Transportation board b/c Southwest has $122 on the way there and $149 on the way back. It is still higher than I'd like, but better than what I've seen.

As soon as Shawn calls me after work I may be booking the same flight as you. :goodvibes I was looking at that same early morning one too. I am also waiting for the going home flight to go down.

Oh my gosh, did your dad decide if he was going or not?

If Dad's out is mom automatically out too? Maybe you can all drive? How old will the baby be? We've taken DS on 9 hour rides but not longer. Next year we may try Fl which is 20 hours for us. Not sure yet.

Maybe you should look into driving together. You could really save some $$.

If Dad's out is mom automatically out too? Maybe you can all drive? How old will the baby be? We've taken DS on 9 hour rides but not longer. Next year we may try Fl which is 20 hours for us. Not sure yet.

Maybe you should look into driving together. You could really save some $$.

My Mom and Dad are a package deal. So they both won't be going. :(
We thought about just driving as a family, but Skylar screams in the car sometimes and it would be miserable. She will be almost 8months by the time we go... But it's just not worth risking. We took Dexter when he was just a little older then that and he cried the WHOLE way.
Now Dexter is a champ!!! He is so easy going!!

Don't really know what is going to happen yet. We are thinking about rescheduling for January / February. It would give us longer to save up money and I can plan the trip around good airfare (if I find any).

I'll keep you posted

Thanks!
nat

Looks like the fat lady has sung :worried:
I'm going to be cancelling our trip with Disney - But first I want to check if anyone wanted my dinning reservations??
Let me know - I'll be pulling the plug in the next day or two.

Also I have really cool plans for January!!! :woohoo: Lets see if they pan out!
I'll tell you more tomorrow.

-nat

It stinks you have to cancel, but it will probably be more awesome in January! Skylar will be older too which is probably a big benefit!

Looks like the fat lady has sung :worried:
I'm going to be cancelling our trip with Disney - But first I want to check if anyone wanted my dinning reservations??
Let me know - I'll be pulling the plug in the next day or two.

Also I have really cool plans for January!!! :woohoo: Lets see if they pan out!
I'll tell you more tomorrow.

-nat

I'm sorry you had to cancel. I can't wait to hear about your January plans.
Your kids are cute, except for the Cubs song. :rolleyes1

It stinks you have to cancel, but it will probably be more awesome in January! Skylar will be older too which is probably a big benefit!
Yeah she should be walking :cool1: So that will be cool.

Oh, no! At the risk of being nosey, why are you cancelling?

I'm sorry! :(

Because my parents cancelled and now we have to come up with more money for airfare. :( We are trying really hard to become debt free. Also - our ten year anniversary is next year!!! So I think that I going to plan a no-hold-back vacation.

I'm sorry you had to cancel. I can't wait to hear about your January plans.
Your kids are cute, except for the Cubs song. :rolleyes1

I think my Jan plans are going to even better :yay:. I think we are going to celebrate our anniversary 6 months early.

As far as the cub song goes - don't be jealous :rotfl2: You guys have another chance this weekend. :hug:

BIG UPDATE soon (as soon as Skylar takes a nap)

OK She's sleeping (for now)
So these are my BIG plans... :stir:
We arrive at Disney on Saturday... we get off the plane and check in at POP. The next day We go to a park and then 'visit' the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I will go to the check in counter to 'ask a question' when really without Shawn or the kids knowing it I am really checking in!!! BIG surprise #1. Then we enjoy our time in Disney until Thursday morning when BAM we have to pack up because we are going on a Three Day Cruise!! BIG surprise #2:hyper:
What do you think??? I know I am cancelling this trip because of money and I am totally contradicting myself with these plans BUT I was always planning on doing something really cool for our 10 year anniversary AND we are missing out on our September trip SOOOOO really it's two trips in one :banana:
I'm not 100% sure its going to happen as planned because I am asking around to rent some DVC points to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. ***Did you know that DVC points sell for an average of 11 per point and it is only 8 points a night to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - - that means that it is the same price to stay at POP or the Animal Kingdom!!!!*** ::yes::
It is more points on Saturday & Friday so that's another reason we are spending our first night at POP.

So what do you think????? Can I pull it off??? :confused:
This trip will require ALOT more planning then my last one... so you may see me more often. :yay:

-nat

Love the new plans, good luck. We went in Feb. and the weather and crowds were great.

Love the new plans, good luck. We went in Feb. and the weather and crowds were great.

Thanks!! We have been there in Feb too and LOVED it.

:offtopic:
I had to update my signature with new pictures since Skylar is getting sooo big AND I am 11lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight!!! :banana: so my face isn't as chubby anymore.

Nice job on the new plans. Sorry we won't get to meet in September. Hope your planning for the future goes smoothly!

(what about bringing your parents along in Feb and you and DH can go on the cruise together and the kids can stay with the grandparents?!)

(what about bringing your parents along in Feb and you and DH can go on the cruise together and the kids can stay with the grandparents?!)

:idea: Now your thinking!!!
But I don't want to make plans and them back out again.:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter