TR -Dexter and Skylar Drive Mommy Crazy! With Pictures and Videos. Updated 2/17/09

I love your TR so far!! Your kids are super cute!! I love the boys hair cuts and color, I especially like the pictures of the two of them reading the map with their new "do"...priceless!!:goodvibes

Skylar is such a cutie!! Too bad about the characters although im sure it wont last long once shes older lol!

That is a deal! Was it hard to wash out?

You found Brookelizabeth's DIS tag!!!! You know she has a TR going right now, too!!! That is such a coincidence!

Loved the photo of Mickey trying to make Skylar smile!!!

It wasn't too hard to wash out - just messy. :)

I should look up Brookelizabeth's TR. I bet we passed each other a few times.

I love your TR so far!! Your kids are super cute!! I love the boys hair cuts and color, I especially like the pictures of the two of them reading the map with their new "do"...priceless!!:goodvibes

Thanks!

Love the trip report...We are home!!! 2 kids was SOOOOOO much harder.

SOOOOOOOO much harder!!! Who would have thought!

Skylar is such a cutie!! Too bad about the characters although im sure it wont last long once shes older lol!

Yeah I'm sure it won't last. :rolleyes1

Then we met back up with the boys. Shawn said he really needed a break and some Dole (aka dole whip), so we decided to hop on a monorail and take it over to the Poly. When we got up to the monorail platform it was pretty dead, so I asked if we could ride in front and they said yes. Skylar LOVED it!!! I think it was the only time she enjoyed Disney Transportation!!

IMG_7177.jpg

Dexter with his new Monorail Drivers License.
IMG_7173.jpg

Another $24 in food later we all felt much better. I couldn't believe how much Skylar ate! I guess that was why she was getting crabby... I mean the poor thing did sleep during lunch! I found out by reading some one's TR that you can get Dole at the Poly... how cool is that??

Back to the Magic Kingdom! When we got back the parade was happening. I thought it was cute and so did Skylar!!! She was waving and laughing and dancing!!! Maybe we should have watched the parade before we saw Mickey for the first time.

After the parade Dexter was complaining that he was tired so we told him to take a nap... (aka 'relax') But he didn't want to lean back - he was afraid he was going to mess up his hair. He fell asleep despite the fact that he looked VERY uncomfortable.

IMG_7184.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

Skylar was in the backpack looking sleepy also. And soon she was asleep too!
IMG_7190.jpg

We took that opportunity to take some pictures.

IMG_7186.jpg

Now that both kids were sleeping we were kinda stuck. What to do? So we just walked around the MK taking everything in. Dexter slept FOREVER!! He really needed it!

We went and looked for my friend again... she finally showed up for work!
IMG_7188.jpg

We called Shawn the mule because we made him carry everything.
IMG_7195.jpg

Once Dexter woke up we took a train ride. We met this really nice man who is a huge Disney fan and comes to Disney almost every weekend.

IMG_7202.jpg

We got off at toontown after a lap & 1/2 on the train. Time for Dexter to drive the race car.

IMG_7204.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg

This is where the day really took off... Until till now we were calling our trip 'How to spend a whole day doing nothing." After they got the cars (Dexter loved it) it was 7:15. In the next 45 minutes before the fireworks we rode the Teacups, Winnie the Pooh & Peter Pan!!! We got out of Peter Pan just in time to watch the fireworks. We watched them from the back of the castle. No tears from the kids!

IMG_7215.jpg

The bus ride home was a NIGHTMARE!! Short line - BUT - screaming baby!! And it was mine.
We grabbed a pizza at the resort and gave the kids baths and then went to bed. Goodnight!

Here's the bathtub AFTER Dexter's Bath.
IMG_7216.jpg

lol, that bathtub is hilarious!! Nighttime park bus rides are hilarious. The best part is when the driver turns the lights on and simulataneously everyone goes "ohhhhh" like theyre in pain

lol, that bathtub is hilarious!! Nighttime park bus rides are hilarious. The best part is when the driver turns the lights on and simulataneously everyone goes "ohhhhh" like theyre in pain

It wasn't the lights that caused people pain on that bus ride. They were happy when then lights went on and they were able to leave!! Skylar was SOOOOO loud! :scared1:
I know everyone thought I was a bad mommy for keeping her out so late - but the thing is it was only about 9pm and she had taken two naps - PLUS - she wasn't much better the next morning.
That girl just hates Disney Transportation!

-nat

We just closed on our new house yesterday!!!! :cool1:
Well... it's not really new... but new to us. It needs some work before we move it. ANYWHO - just wanted to let you know that I should have a post shortly.

Thanks!
-natale

Poor Skylar! So cute that Mickey is trying to cheer her up though! :goodvibes LOL at that mess in the tub after washing Dexter's hair! :lmao: Can't wait on the next installment & congrats on closing on your new home! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to step out from lurking and say Im really enjoying your trip report! Dexter's tee from the airport is awesome... so fitting for a set of parents taking on disney with a 3yo and baby! ;)

We too were pleasantly surprised with our ASmu stay... not nearly as bad as we were expecting!

Thanks for sharing... can't wait to read more!

I've had a lot going on and it seems as if you do too..YAY..for closing on your new house! That is so exciting! Just checking in between studying for finals!! I hope you all are doing good! I can't wait to hear more about your trip when you get some time!!

Thanks for the comments everyone - and I'm so sorry there hasn't been an update. Things have been crazy with the house. All I have to say is Mold & Roach eggs & Chipmunks!!!! :scared1: We haven't found any live roaches fortunately but everything has set us back.
Our first mortgage payment is due on the first and we still haven't been able to move it!! :headache:
I still have my notes and plan on finishing my TR but life has been crazy.

Thanks!
natale

Thanks for the comments everyone - and I'm so sorry there hasn't been an update. Things have been crazy with the house. All I have to say is Mold & Roach eggs & Chipmunks!!!! :scared1: We haven't found any live roaches fortunately but everything has set us back.
Our first mortgage payment is due on the first and we still haven't been able to move it!! :headache:
I still have my notes and plan on finishing my TR but life has been crazy.

Thanks!
natale

I can't believe you have to go through that and still pay the mortgage! :scared1:

It sounds horrific. Did you have to bring professionals in or are you handling it yourselves? I hope things calm down and you can come back and finish. :)

Just found your new tr. Love it! Your kiddos are sooo adorable. Love that your hubby got his hair done too. I'm trying to decide between doing this for my boys or the new pirate thing. I think I will probably do the pirate thing since they LOVE pirates. Anyway, can't wait for more.

I already have the next few chapters written.. now I just need to find my memory cards for the pictures! :scared1: I know I have them... I just have to unpack. It will be soon... I can't wait to finish my TR! I am having some serious Disney Cravings!

Shawn had so much fun getting his hair done with Dexter!! He liked it so much that he wanted to do it again. We didn't get around to doing it a second time on this trip... but I'm sure Shawn and Dexter will be doing it again next time. :thumbsup2
-nat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter