ToyStory land/Star Wars land opening

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
Does anyone know the ballpark time frames for their openings? I thought I knew, but apparently it has escaped me.

Sometime in 2019 for both was the original time frame. More details are supposed to be given during D23, next month.

Toy Story Land is said to be 2018 and Star Wars to be sometime in 2019 (DLR might open first before WDW). A opening date for Toy Story Land is said to be announced at D23.
Ok, that's what was in my head, then I heard 2020 so I was confused. And I know anything can happen and does

Spring to Summer 2018 for Toy Story.

Mid to late 2019 for Star Wars.
That would be epic for us! Tak8ng grandson for his first trip fall '18. He'll be too small for most of it, but we'll have fun!

Is there a list of what is actually going in? I know Slinky Dog coaster but thats it.

That would be epic for us! Tak8ng grandson for his first trip fall '18. He'll be too small for most of it, but we'll have fun!

Is there a list of what is actually going in? I know Slinky Dog coaster but thats it.
Info from a Disney Parks Blog article on the 2nd attraction:

"The second all-new attraction in Toy Story Land will be Alien Swirling Saucers. This attraction is designed as a toy play set that Andy got from Pizza Planet, inspired by the first Toy Story film. Aliens are flying around in their toy flying saucers and trying to capture your rocket toy vehicle with “The Claw.”

Judging by a picture, it looks similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at DCA.

"The second all-new attraction in Toy Story Land will be Alien Swirling Saucers. This attraction is designed as a toy play set that Andy got from Pizza Planet, inspired by the first Toy Story film. Aliens are flying around in their toy flying saucers and trying to capture your rocket toy vehicle with “The Claw.”

It's the exact same ride system as Maters.

Thanks! Something else he's too small for, but we can enjoy!

Is it just me, or is anyone else a little let down that these new "lands" only get two rides???

I don't think Navi River Journey is lame. I actually think it is good and a pretty good length. They did a good job with the technology they used in that ride.

We'll just have to disagree on this one. As much time as Pandora took to get done, I just feel like there should have been more to the ride. Is it pretty? Sure. But that's about it.

We'll just have to disagree on this one. As much time as Pandora took to get done, I just feel like there should have been more to the ride. Is it pretty? Sure. But that's about it.
I wouldn't wait longer than an hour for it though. I'll wait any length for FoP any day. That attraction is amazing and the line is great too.

I think Pandora took a while because of all of the detail in that land. Not necessarily making the ride. The land itself is filled with so much detail.

I wouldn't wait longer than an hour for it though. I'll wait any length for FoP any day. That attraction is amazing and the line is great too.

I think Pandora took a while because of all of the detail in that land. Not necessarily making the ride. The land itself is filled with so much detail.

Agree on FOP, that is a seriously amazing ride! I still can't believe how awesome it was.

Until Disney has everything up and running and they announce an opening date, (like they did for Pandora) all comments about it are simply speculation or being repeated from what others are saying....regardless of how "certain" the comment comes across.

Thanks! Something else he's too small for, but we can enjoy!

Is it just me, or is anyone else a little let down that these new "lands" only get two rides???

Well, Toy Story land is a smaller land, plus The entrance to Toy Story Midway Mania will be in that land too (so 3 rides but 2 new ones)

Pandora was originally supposed to have 3 rides but one got cut for budget reasons (still an expansion spot so can add on to the land) - plus the land itself it like an attraction with all the details (though I feel they under-delivered in the promised level of interactiveness of the land)

Star Wars Land will be similar - 2 major attractions and then the land itself and its inhabitants will be like an attraction

I hear you though, I think adding in a few smaller things would be nice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!