Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
Anyone ever been to either

we would someday like to go
how hard a trip is it

is it hard to plan

did you plan it yourself or use a travel agent

we wouldn't go till the girls were much older so probalby in 10 years or so
just wondering what people thought of the parks and the experience

If you are going to travel that far I would suggest making Disney only a small part of a much larger family vacation. Have you ever travelled over seas? Many people find Asia overwhelming as a first time trip. Which city interests more? If you and your family are novice international travellers I would go to Paris since there is plenty to do and would be easier to navigate than Tokyo.

I spent a day at DLP last March. I had been to Paris a few times in the past, so I did not feel too guilty about spending one of my precious vacation days at an American theme park. The tickets were a surprise from my French boyfriend; had he not purchased them I probably would not have gone.

DLP surprised me because it is designed as a truly American theme park, right down to Main Street USA and Frontierland. I thought that there would be greater deference given to French culture, but I was wrong. The cast members are from a variety of European countries, as are most of the guests. That added an interesting international flavor to the park. I visited in March, so the trees were barren and it was cold. That detracted a bit from my overall enjoyment of the park. I did not visit Disney Studios or any of the hotels. I have not yet been to WDW, but I have been to Disneyland in California numerous times and I prefer the California park.

Unless you are a Disney fanatic or have been to Paris numerous times, I recommend skipping DLP. Paris is an amazing city and there is so much to do and see. I love to travel and have been to some wonderful places, but when I am in Paris I know that I am visiting someplace truly special.

Information on both DLP and Tokyo Disneyland can be found at:

http://destinations.disney.go.com/parksandresorts/index?bhcp=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter