Toy Story Mania when partially blind?

artemis908

EPCOTnaut
I am wondering if anyone with partial sight has gone on Toy Story Mania. I didn't realize it was in 3D. When it comes to 3D I sometimes can't see it because I don't have full vision in my left eye (It's at about 30%, mostly I see black in that eye). For example, last time I was in WDW I could see Philharmagic but when I was at the M&M store (I think in NYC) I couldn't see the the 3D show they had.

I think it might have something to do with the quality of the 3D, I am curious of others experiences.

Well, Disney's 3D is pretty good quality. Why not just try it and see for your self. (pun intended)

One of my eyes is about 20/200 and I do fine with all the 3d shows/rides at WDW

I'm not sure which system they use but using one eye with the glasses on will make the projections look 2D as opposed to 3D. This is dependent on which system they use, though.

I'm legally blind in my left eye and I don't remember having any trouble with the ride when we were there a few years ago.... I can't really see 3D stuff either,but I was able to shoot at stuff and play right along with my family. :)

I'm not sure which system they use but using one eye with the glasses on will make the projections look 2D as opposed to 3D. This is dependent on which system they use, though.

It isn't this system (the red/blue glasses used for the Wii)...
IMG_zps3ea1efba.jpg

I'm pretty sure its the straight horizontal/vertical polarization system... but it might be the spiral system, too...

I think if you could handle Philharmagic, you'll be fine with TSM. I'm legally blind (and also completely colorblind) and I rode Toy Story Mania just fine. It's one of my favorites! :thumbsup2 Philharmagic, on the other hand, gave me a pounding headache.

hubby has macular degeneration. his left eye is pretty bad and he's very disappointed that he just doesn't see the 3D effects hardly at all anymore. I'm sorry you have had this experience.

one thing he tries to help him aim (nothing to do with 3D) we try to seat him in a spot with a yellow gun. the yellow on the screen seems to stand out more for him than the other colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter