Toy Story Hotel booking

JPTexan82

Ever which way but loose
my wife and I are going to Shanghai again this coming October. Well we want to stay two nights at Toy Story Hotel. I keep checking with th Shanghai Disneyland website to book the hotel, and the latest date it lets you go to right now is June 2019, well it April already.

When do they let people start booking hotels onsite? Does anyone have any insight from the past few years? This doesn’t make since to not allow someone 180 days out to book a reservation.

We booked out hotel Jul 5 for a Oct 31 stay last year.

I remember looking into dates around April 2018 and being able to book but the prices were ridiculously high (more than Disneyland Hotel). So I monitored weekly and held off till the prices dropped to around CNY850.

my wife and I are going to Shanghai again this coming October. Well we want to stay two nights at Toy Story Hotel. I keep checking with th Shanghai Disneyland website to book the hotel, and the latest date it lets you go to right now is June 2019, well it April already.

When do they let people start booking hotels onsite? Does anyone have any insight from the past few years? This doesn’t make since to not allow someone 180 days out to book a reservation.

I found this strange too. My trip to the Asia parks won't be until 2020 but I wanted to start getting an idea on prices and noticed the same two month window for booking the resorts.

This is pretty normal for Shanghai. The blockout calendar for the Annual Passes is only out till June this year which means if you buy anything other than the most expensive Annual Pass, you won't know what days you can enter the park for 9 of the 12 months. WDW wants people to plan a year in advance while Shanghai sees huge spikes in attendance and wants the flexibility to double their prices when needed.

I booked my June stay in Feb, so there doesn't seem to be much consistency on when you can and can't book.

This is partly influenced by culture and other factors. Travelling within China is largely done by train. The train tickets aren't released until about a month before the day you travel. People don't plan more than a month or two in advance for most short trips.
Has anyone tried calling? I wonder if you could book further in advance that way.

I just booked Toy Story for June and it was much higher than expected -- perhaps summer pricing?! Maybe I need to check back and rebook. I did get "up to" 25% off, but the starting price was much higher than the "prices start at" listed rate.
I'd like to get my reservation printed out with our names (for 144 TWOV purposes) but the reservation confirmation doesn't show a name at all. Anyone figure this out?

I have noticed that the hotel prices vary wildly from the starting price, depending on dates, but it's also important to keep in mind that the exchange rate is such that a few hundred RMB is really only 50 or so USD, too. It can be shocking to see a 1000 RMB jump, but a 140 USD or so jump for peak season isn't that crazy.

What are the breakfast options at the Toy Story hotel? Is it just the buffet (which I added onto my hotel cost and seems very pricey). Is that the best option for a quick and hearty breakfast before getting to the park early? It appears it starts at 6:30 am. Or is there a food court we could use? We generally do not eat enough to make a buffet worth our money, but when we were at Tokyo Disney that was really the only option and we made it work. I wish it was easier to find information about Shanghai! :)

What are the breakfast options at the Toy Story hotel? Is it just the buffet (which I added onto my hotel cost and seems very pricey). Is that the best option for a quick and hearty breakfast before getting to the park early? It appears it starts at 6:30 am. Or is there a food court we could use? We generally do not eat enough to make a buffet worth our money, but when we were at Tokyo Disney that was really the only option and we made it work. I wish it was easier to find information about Shanghai! :)
I haven't checked out Toy Story in person yet. That's my next trip. But, as far as I can tell, there's Sunnyside Cafe, which is the buffet in the morning and maybe a food court at lunch and maybe a buffet again at dinner? But, there's also Sunnyside market, which is a sort of grab and go. If your idea of breakfast is eggs, meat, waffles, etc. then the buffet is your best bet. If a baked good and some fruit or yogurt is okay, the Market should work.
Alternatively, for a quick breakfast, there's a Starbucks in Disneytown that opens at 7AM. You can get their usual food options there. There's also Remy's Pattiserie inside the park. In my experience, there's virtually no lines in the morning, even the first hour or so of actual open. If you don't need to eat before doing anything else, and can walk and snack, that's the way to go.

I just booked Toy Story for June and it was much higher than expected -- perhaps summer pricing?! Maybe I need to check back and rebook. I did get "up to" 25% off, but the starting price was much higher than the "prices start at" listed rate.
I'd like to get my reservation printed out with our names (for 144 TWOV purposes) but the reservation confirmation doesn't show a name at all. Anyone figure this out?

The price jump for June is very real. It was £200 when I first looked but jumped to £300 within a few weeks so I bit the bullet and booked.
My reservation shows my name! You go into your Shanghai Disney account -> Click hotel -> My reservations. It shows a printable summary with your name. My given name and passport name are different but sure it won't be an issue.

Thanks! I just repriced my June booking and one of the nights has gone up even more so I'm glad I booked when I did. But ouch. I feel like I'm paying a lot for a "value resort". :) But I'm sure it will be magical. And I think we will stick with the buffet just for ease. This may be our only Shanghai Disney trip, so I'm trying not to let budget get in the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!