Tower of Terror x4

Captain_Nemo

Earning My Ears
This might be old news to the Dis Boards, but I happened to run across the January issue of Design News (trade magazine for design engineers –which I am not), and I noticed that there was an article on Greg Hale, Disney’s Chief of safety. Most of the article is the predictable up-beat view of Disney’s contributions to Amusement park ride safety standards, but in the article they let drop that Disney will be introducing 4 new profiles for the Tower of Terror some time this year. This means that each time you get on the ride there will be one of 4 new and different experiences selected randomly.

Does anyone know if this has happened yet? :confused:

Just think, you will need to ride ToT six or eight times till you have tried them all…:bounce:

Eat light! :teeth:

Kapitan

I believe the new drop sequences went into affect shortly after Christmas. When we were there early Dec, I think they had started doing the new drops with the CM's.

It is a lot of good clean fun, Captain.

I'm just back from the World, and yes, they've started the new random sequences. I went twice in a row - the second time in the seatbelt seat - WOO!!!

In January, we rode ToT SEVERAL times, on different days throughout our week stay.
One ONLY TWO of the *trips* we were happily surprised to see a slightly different version while dropping.
These two times, half way through the drops, the ghosts appeared. And not just the plastic looking dummies leaning against the wall. This was the same ghosts/techniques that guests see when the ghosts are beckoning in the early part of the ride in the hall sequence.
Each of the those times when the ride was over, I made sure to mention the CM had good that addition was.

When a group of girlfriends and I went over MLK weekend, we were very pleasantly surprised with the new drop sequences. One girlfriend and I went on ToT ~5 times, and each time the sequence differed. It's really awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter