Towels if doing beach on your own?

HallsofVA

DIS Veteran
If you're doing a beach on your own, can you still get towels from DCL to take with you, or do we need to bring our own towels? We're planning on doing Nachi Cocom and I was wondering if we'd be able to get towels to take with us, or whether we'd have to bring towels from home (or buy cheap towels in Key West or something.)

I hope you don't mind if I extend this question for the med cruises as I haven't seen anything posted re: towels on the med cruises.

You can always get towels from deck 9 and take them with you. In some ports, there are clean towels available as you leave the pier area; towels are provided on DCL sponsored excursions if needed.

We just play it safe and get some pool towels in advance and carry them off with us. There are almost always dirty towel drops as you board the ship.

We usually go up to the pool area also and get towels before we get off the ship....

Just make sure you bring them back! If there isn't a large metal cage to drop them in, usually it's before you come up the gangway or else it's in the hallway across from the elevators just after you've cleared through xray, then take them back up to the pool area and drop them into a dirty towel receptacle. I've never liked the idea of bringing back a dirty, sandy towel to the room for our room steward to have to haul off.

I hope you don't mind if I extend this question for the med cruises as I haven't seen anything posted re: towels on the med cruises.

The same applies for the Med cruises, too. :thumbsup2

You can always get towels from deck 9 and take them with you. In some ports, there are clean towels available as you leave the pier area; towels are provided on DCL sponsored excursions if needed.

We just play it safe and get some pool towels in advance and carry them off with us. There are almost always dirty towel drops as you board the ship.

Awesome! I forgot about the towels on deck 9 (we haven't really swam in the pools much since my kids were so young.) I couldn't remember there being a general basket of towels on port days except for the rooms where the excursions were meeting. I really didn't want to have to pack or buy towels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter