Touringplans.com

rebrick2006

Earning My Ears
Is tourningplans.com worth the money? We have a disney planner but I also like to plan quite a bit myself.

Thanks

Yes. I like a lot of things about touringplans. Even if you don't use all of it, there is so much helpful information and the ability to make room requests that it's worth it.

Meh. I have paid for the subscription for a few years and I am not sure I would renew. Their info (such as on resorts, etc) is not kept up to date as quickly as one would think, and there are other crowd calendar options...

I absolutely think it is worth it. Use their personalized touring plan, the lines app, and also their free reservation finder often.

I’d say it’s worth it just for the Lines app. While some may debate the accuracy of their wait time projections, especially with Disney running at reduced ride capacity at “non-peak periods”. Personally, I have found their projections to be more reliable than the posted wait times. As an Uber planner, it is a great tool to help plan out your day. Now, for those who don’t plan as much and like to be more spontaneous in their touring, than MDE or Undercover Tourist app are fine.

Is tourningplans.com worth the money? We have a disney planner but I also like to plan quite a bit myself.

Thanks
I tried it this year. The crowd calendar and lines app are nice, but I’m interested to test out the accuracy of them on our next trip. You probably don’t need TP if you can do your own planning but it is nice to access and play around with the actual daily touring plans. For 10 or 15 bucks it might be the cheapest purchase of any WDW trip.

Yes! We use the lines app almost as much as MDE, and we find it to be very accurate. We also love the touring plans themselves, and use them to structure our days. Never used the room requester though, so can’t speak to that, but overall I think TP is s grest value.

Yes, it's worth it to me for the ability to make customized touring plans and run them through the time "evaluator."

Last edited:
I haven’t actually been to Disney yet, but I’m enjoying the personalized touring plans- adding in our ADRs and attractions and optimizing based on minimizing wait times vs walking. It’s interesting to see how I can plan better or more efficiently. I’m not sure how closely we will stick to our plans once in the parks, but many of my friends have said it’s great because if you get side tracked or veer from the plan, you can “re-optimize” and it will tell you the best place to hit next. If you don’t want to plan with this much detail this feature may not be as attractive.

I got it mainly for the app. I did like the room request feature as well. The app worked well for me during my March trip.

We’ve gone three years in a row without it and have had great trips! I did however buy their guide book before our first trip.

How do you make room requests?
On your user dashboard, there's a "Configure Fax" button near the top center. You'll need to do that so that TP can send your request. But you can (and should!) also go to https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps to check out the view from every room on property. It's amazing! When you find one you like, you can click a button to automatically edit your room request for that room.

what is the app? does it show different wait times then my disney experience?
The app is called WDW Lines. It's got a lot of features pared down from the site but, chiefly, it shows what wait times are actually expected to be versus what Disney posts

what is the app? does it show different wait times then my disney experience?

The App is WDW Lines. You can put in your personalized touring plan. Once you finish a ride you check off that you are done it. The program then re-calculates where you should go next based on the crowds that day and your position in the park. To me the wait times on the program is less of the purpose of the App.

It also gives you roughly what FP times are available at various times during the day. It saves you time waiting in line but the downside is that it has me on my stupid phone more than I would like instead of relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!