Touring with family honeymoon

justme0729

DIS Veteran
I posted something similar awhile back about my plans but I'm curious if anyone could share what their approach was with touring the parks with family after your wedding? We want it to feel laid back and relaxed with plenty of pool time but also want to take advantage of EMH so that we aren't touring during the hottest part of day which means touring in the morning and night with a pool break. How "busy" were you on your honeymoon trip and did it work out?

We did all our meetups with family before the wedding and then explained that we wanted the honeymoon to be just the two of us, and it was GREAT! We did what we wanted, when we wanted, for 2 weeks, and it was totally flexible. We alternated park days with resort days to avoid burnout. I have a detailed trip report here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/wedding/.

I would definitely set boundaries and pick specific events to do with everyone while reserving time for just the two of you, if you can't get away with going solo the entire time.

I would love to get a group photo in front of the castle when we are there for our wedding of everyone who was able to come with us, so I think we are going to incorporate that somehow into our wedding week.

However, my FI and I are adamant that while we want everyone to enjoy their vacations, we want our alone time too. We are planning at having a welcome party at our villa to see everyone the day before the wedding. The day of the wedding, we will be with them all day- ceremony, brunch reception, photos, break, and then dessert party at night. After that, everyone is on their own!

While DH and I had our formal "honeymoon" at Disneyland several weeks after our DCL wedding, we did do a post-cruise trip at WDW with our guests. We still wanted some alone time, so we made sure to make reservations and fastpasses that were only for us. That way, we could be sure to get alone time because we had a dinner reservation or fastpass we had to get to so there was no way to get sucked into not getting any alone time.

I'm abit worried about this. I normally plan my Disney trip down to the tiniest detail. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that with all these other people, plus one of our friends is coming on his own and I don't want him left out.

But at the same time I'm really excited to see people who've never been their before react to it. I think a lot of people have a lot of misconceptions about what Disney will be like, especially when all they've got in comparison is the UK's crappy Theme parks.

On the plus side my Dad has gone from a - "I'm not buying a Disney ticket. I hate what Disney stands for" to "well maybe we will do one day in the parks" :)

Or you can say this is just your wedding trip and then have another excuse to come back for the real honeymoon! :D

We are planning to spend time with family for a few specific events/meals, but to otherwise spend the time just the two of us. We have a welcome meet and greet planned the night before the wedding, the events of the actual day, and then two dining reservations booked at Crystal Palace (breakfast) and Ohana (dinner) with my side of the family the day after the wedding on their Magic Kingdom day (and maybe hit a couple of rides with them after breakfast) because we're quite close with them and want to share some of the experience with them, but after that it will be just the two of us doing what we please. Hoping it'll work out to be a good balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter