Touring tips from or experience of smokers since the ban?

KangaFan

Hoping to someday be as patient as Kanga
I understand folks have some strong feelings on this issue, but please respect the purpose of this thread and reply only if you are a smoker or have recently traveled with a smoker to Disney.

I am traveling in early August with my 2 sisters who both smoke and looking for any tips/suggestions to make exiting the park for smoke breaks easier for them. I would also love to hear more about the actual locations and which parks were more or less convenient to exit/enter from. It seems as if the new areas are outside of security?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you can offer or experiences you can share.

I have not visited since the ban took effect, however, a few ideas came to mind. Go bagless. This will save time re-entering the parks by not having to stand in line again. Take advantage of being near a DSA. Don't decide to take a smoking break when you are at a place furthest from a DSA, this will save walking time. Perhaps invest in nicotine patches, this may eliminate the need for smoke breaks. Make the decision to quit altogether. The money saved will pay for a Disney vacation in no time.

Well. I only enjoy cigars. But honestly. I’d just wait till you get back to your hotel or resort. I will go find a bench. And enjoy a cigar at sometimes 0100. At POP this is always by the lake. Let the family fall asleep. It would be a hassle to leave the park and have to re enter security and all everytime one wants to smoke a cigarette. As others will say. A patch is a million times more convenient than having to leave the park.

Haven't been with a smoker, but common sense would be to hand bags over to someone staying inside the park before heading out to smoke, so that the smoker can quickly re-enter and get back to having fun. But don't forget to bring the ticket or magic band outside to the DSA!

Also, start to cut back on the number of cigarettes needed per day - try the patch, gum, etc. Bring the nicotine gum just in case, even if the smoker doesn't want to try to cut back at the moment.

Good luck!

I understand folks have some strong feelings on this issue, but please respect the purpose of this thread and reply only if you are a smoker or have recently traveled with a smoker to Disney.

I am traveling in early August with my 2 sisters who both smoke and looking for any tips/suggestions to make exiting the park for smoke breaks easier for them. I would also love to hear more about the actual locations and which parks were more or less convenient to exit/enter from. It seems as if the new areas are outside of security?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you can offer or experiences you can share.
Not a smoker
Ak is the only area that is inside the security bubble.
As for convenience, I would say mk and ak would be the furthest away if you're at the back of each park. At epcot you can use the international gateway if you're in the countries and DHS is pretty small so not a long walk

Thanks all for your tips & suggestions! My sisters have each only been once, so I want this to be a fun trip and want to make taking their breaks as easy as possible for them.

Thanks again for your help!

Not a smoker
Ak is the only area that is inside the security bubble.
As for convenience, I would say mk and ak would be the furthest away if you're at the back of each park. At epcot you can use the international gateway if you're in the countries and DHS is pretty small so not a long walk

I hadn't thought about the fact that there would also be one outside of the International Gateway, thank you!

I'm a smoker and was there last month. Ak's area is to the right as you exit the park, outside the park but before security. It has plenty of benches and potted trees and bushes. It's the nicest area.
I didn't see the one before you enter Epcot but you can also walk about 1/2 way across the international gateway. It's past security but it didn't take long to reenter from there.
HS's is almost to the bus stops and to the right. It's a bit of a hike, there are no benches and no shade. We hung out there to let the masses at the bus stops thin out after fantasmic. It would be miserable there in the heat of the day.
I tried to find the one at MK but just gave up. Later, another smoker told me it's all the way past the buses even though they were told it's close to the boat dock. I was also told it was just after the boat dock and couldn't find it.

Other than the one at AK and at the International Gateway, none are convenient. It was a tough week for me.

I'm a smoker and was there last month. Ak's area is to the right as you exit the park, outside the park but before security. It has plenty of benches and potted trees and bushes. It's the nicest area.
I didn't see the one before you enter Epcot but you can also walk about 1/2 way across the international gateway. It's past security but it didn't take long to reenter from there.
HS's is almost to the bus stops and to the right. It's a bit of a hike, there are no benches and no shade. We hung out there to let the masses at the bus stops thin out after fantasmic. It would be miserable there in the heat of the day.
I tried to find the one at MK but just gave up. Later, another smoker told me it's all the way past the buses even though they were told it's close to the boat dock. I was also told it was just after the boat dock and couldn't find it.

Other than the one at AK and at the International Gateway, none are convenient. It was a tough week for me.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad we only have one day planned for HS!

I am bringing patches and him with me but plan is park opening til 1 or 2 afternoon. Will smoke had back to resort . Smoke just before I go back in 5-6 evening. Will not leave park for a cig. Realitivly heavy smoker but 6 hours without one won't be horrible.

Until I'm around crying children, or enjoying a few adult beverages in EPCOT.

Remember you can always look on mde for the location, it's under guest service

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190617-064740_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20190617-064740_Disney World.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4
I am bringing patches and him with me but plan is park opening til 1 or 2 afternoon. Will smoke had back to resort . Smoke just before I go back in 5-6 evening. Will not leave park for a cig. Realitivly heavy smoker but 6 hours without one won't be horrible.

Until I'm around crying children, or enjoying a few adult beverages in EPCOT.

Good to know. I wasn’t sure how long they might be able to go. I’m only used to planning around my husband who gets irritable when hungry 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter