Touring plans every really wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) touringplans is based on attraction waits, not actual crowds
2) Their data is based on historical data and they have admitted their crowd readings might now be accurate right now. Not only is historical data screwed cause of COVID, but also there is an increase of "revenge traveling".

I wouldn't rely on it as in "OMG THEY SAID IT WAS A 4 AND IT'S A 10 AND I AM HAVING THE WORST TIME" I use it as a guide, but I go when I think is best for my family and our scheduling in general. I think they are better than other crowd calendars. I can understand if it's disappointing, but this is how it goes.

I agree that as a crowd calendar, it is not very useful. Using the wait time part, we found it still to pretty accurate. However, it depends on the number of people posting accurate wait times. Still, I trust it far more than the wait times that Disney posts.

Paid subscription for TP to use room request feature on all 4 rooms I booked. Specific rooms didn't happen. Only 2 connected to each other, and they weren't groups I requested. Front desk swapped easily since we had same packages for everyone. Tried using Lines on first day there 12/19. TT was posted as 50 minutes, Lines said 38. Was actually 108 (I set my timer) so I quit looking at TP at that point.

A difference in crowd levels is easily overcome by a good touring plan, and levels can change at the last minute anyway, based on weather, changes to park hours, etc. I'd keep what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter