Tour rooms

Dtw002

Mouseketeer
We are DVC members and will be eating at AKL. Can we go tour a villa to check it out? Or is that not a thing you can do? If so, am I throwing myself to the sales wolves (as I’m not looking to buy pints). Thanks!

Only some resorts have rooms available to tour and I don’t think AKL is one of them. You would have to ask the DVC person and then they might try and persuade you to buy points.

AKV doen't have a model room since it sold out. You can ask at the front desk if a runner can take you to a vacant room but there may not be one and/or they don't want to take the time. There isn't anything in it for them.

:earsboy: Bill

We are DVC members and will be eating at AKL. Can we go tour a villa to check it out? Or is that not a thing you can do? If so, am I throwing myself to the sales wolves (as I’m not looking to buy pints). Thanks!

You can ask in the lobby if they have an open villa to show you, but 1) the lobby staff is paid to help guests at that resort - not to show rooms or sell DVC pts and 2) the villas are typically close to 100% booked so it's not a sure thing.

DVC has pretty mild salespeople in general and AKV has been sold out for a while, so I wouldn't expect any pressure.

YouTube has several HD videos showing AKV villas - that is a better idea IMO. If a villa is available, I'm sure the lobby staff will try to accommodate you.

I have often asked to see a room at several different resorts. I have never had any success.

I do wish they would have a walk-through unit at each of the DVC properties (and yes, I know that would likely involve taking a unit out of inventory, which isn't ideal either). The only resort I've been able to walk through an actual room in is Aulani. There's something more satisfying to me in seeing the room there than at the DVC sales office.

I have often asked to see a room at several different resorts. I have never had any success.

We have has excellent luck previewing rooms. We stayed at SSR in April and are considering adding on at another resort. We were able to preview BWV, BCV, PVB, AKL, BRV (with a very nice hostess that walked us through CCV as well). We went to OKW (have a stay booked there in Sept.) and ran into a very nice CM in the parking lot. She gave us pointers on good locations for our preferences. She then offered to give us a tour if we waited 15 minutes so she could get clocked in. We met her in the lobby, she grabbed a golf cart and rode us around the whole resort giving us several room previews. She even made room preference notes in our reservation as soon as we chose our building we liked best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter