Totally Last Minute Spring Fling! No DDP, Tons Of Pics! COMPLETE!

Oh man...your review just made me realize that I forgot to stop by the French bakery on my recent trip! So I didn't have one of my favorite Disney snacks, the Napoleon. DARN!!! :sad:

We discovered Boulangerie patisserie on our last-but-one visit. Yes, we'd heard about its delights from others and seen some of the yummy goodness it had to offer. But, my oh my, did it exceed expectation. DH had a delicious, flaky pain au raisins and I chose the chocolate mousse. I have never had difficulty finishing a chocolatey treat in my lifetime but I couldn't eat more than half of that mousse - it was so rich and deliciously creamy. Lucky old DH got to finish mine off ;)

I fully intend to return this time and sample some of their other delicious offerings.

Oh my goodness, that Sacristain looks perfect for me! I need to have that! I've tried the chocolate cake (always cake of the day whenever I'm there), the Napoleon and chocolate eclair and they've all been delicious.

YES!! On our July 2011 trip I tried a sacristain at the French bakery and I agree, it is a bit of Heaven on a plate! I loved it!! I can't believe I haven't made it back over there since that trip but there have always been other things I wanted to try. Seeing the picture you took though brings back a happy memory for me. :)

My hubby is not a food person so he doesn't get why I read the restaurant reviews and enjoy looking at food pictures from WDW. He would be happy to just grab a hot dog and keep on touring. So here is what I propose -- I live in northern Virginia right off I-95. The next time you want to go to WDW, swing by and pick me up and we'll go. We'll become fast friends on the drive down discussing British royalty and then enjoy all the goodness WDW has to offer. Deal? ;)

I can't remember if I've ever "formally" popped in and said hello, so I am doing it now! :wave2: I've been following along.

The avocado margarita is absolutely amazing. My mom got one when we were there last week and it was to die for. I kind of regretted not getting it:confused3 So refreshing and delicious.

That chocolate cake from the patasserie...wow. My mouth began watering when I saw that picture. Both look like must-tries on our next trip:thumbsup2

Great job so far, I'm really enjoying reading along!

Hi there! :wave2: The avocado margarita really is so refreshing! I keep wanting to try the blood orange one too, but I usually prefer a frozen margi, so I just can't seem to branch out and try something new. You should definitely check out the patasserie! The two things we got were so amazing!

Thank you so much for reading! So glad you are enjoying it!
:goodvibes

That's my problem, too! There is way too much good food in Epcot. I never make it to France (or Norway) with any room to try their treats!!

I have yet to make it to Norway either! In fact, I just told hubby last night that we are setting aside a day next trip where we don't eat a regular meal at Epcot and instead we just snack our way around WS. There is still so much I want to try!

OMG! That pastry you had looks absolutely amazing! We've never tried the bakery in France either (like you, we've always been too full). I can see I'll need to save some room for that little beauty when we're there in the fall. Thanks for your reviews, I'm really enjoying them!

You definitely have to save room for the bakery next time your in Epcot! That place is too good to miss out on! Thanks so much for reading! :goodvibes

I absolutely LOVE the Boulangerie Patisserie. Yummy, yummy and more yummy. I am dedicating at least 3 if not 5 snack credits to those delicious pastries!!!

I can't say I blame you! There are so many yummy looking treats in there! I think I might have to make more than a few trips there on my next trip. :thumbsup2

Your reviews are just wonderful, I've still got a few to catch up on but I just wanted to check in and say 'wow'
Going off to read the rest now :)

Thanks so much Linda! Glad you're joining in! :goodvibes

Sacristain! Looks like I just added something new to my list! Looks amazing!

It tasted even better than it looked! If that's possible. :laughing: Definitely list-worthy!

Boulangerie Patisserie is our favorite bakery in WDW! :goodvibes I've yet to try the patry you had but every other item that we've had, they were excellent. :thumbsup2

It's definitely my favorite now too! It's going to be hard to decide what else to try in there because every single thing looks so good!

I've never been a huge fan of Boulangerie Pâtisserie (my snack of choice in France has always been a sugar crêpe), but your two dessert pics look great. Maybe it's time for me to give it another chance :)

I would definitely suggest giving it another chance if only for the Sacristain. The crepes always look so good! That's another thing I have always wanted to try, but have never gotten around to. I will definitely keep the crepes in mind for my next trip! :thumbsup2

Oh man...your review just made me realize that I forgot to stop by the French bakery on my recent trip! So I didn't have one of my favorite Disney snacks, the Napoleon. DARN!!! :sad:

The Napoleon they had there looked really good too! It's a shame you missed out on it on your recent trip.

We discovered Boulangerie patisserie on our last-but-one visit. Yes, we'd heard about its delights from others and seen some of the yummy goodness it had to offer. But, my oh my, did it exceed expectation. DH had a delicious, flaky pain au raisins and I chose the chocolate mousse. I have never had difficulty finishing a chocolatey treat in my lifetime but I couldn't eat more than half of that mousse - it was so rich and deliciously creamy. Lucky old DH got to finish mine off ;)

I fully intend to return this time and sample some of their other delicious offerings.

I really considered the chocolate mousse when I was there. I had a feeling it would be too rich for me, so I passed. That might be a good one to share with someone on a future trip. :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, that Sacristain looks perfect for me! I need to have that! I've tried the chocolate cake (always cake of the day whenever I'm there), the Napoleon and chocolate eclair and they've all been delicious.

You must try the Sacristain! It was heavenly!

YES!! On our July 2011 trip I tried a sacristain at the French bakery and I agree, it is a bit of Heaven on a plate! I loved it!! I can't believe I haven't made it back over there since that trip but there have always been other things I wanted to try. Seeing the picture you took though brings back a happy memory for me. :)

My hubby is not a food person so he doesn't get why I read the restaurant reviews and enjoy looking at food pictures from WDW. He would be happy to just grab a hot dog and keep on touring. So here is what I propose -- I live in northern Virginia right off I-95. The next time you want to go to WDW, swing by and pick me up and we'll go. We'll become fast friends on the drive down discussing British royalty and then enjoy all the goodness WDW has to offer. Deal? ;)

Alright, another Sacristain fan!

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that hubby is a major foodie like me. :laughing: Sadly, going out to eat is kind of our hobby. :lmao:

Sounds like a plan! I'll honk on my way past VA and you can hop in the car!
:thumbsup2

We had a really lovely day at Epcot and in the late afternoon we took the bus back to SSR and then walked over to DTD for another movie.

Here is a shot of the walkway that runs along the back of Congress Park and leads over to the Marketplace.

P1000989.jpg

The view of DTD from the pathway.

P1000988.jpg

One of the resort boats.

P1000991-1.jpg

After the movie (The Dictator, oh goodness) we walked back to Marketplace and stopped at the Margarita Bar yet again. We got the same thing as before. Hubby a Rum Runner and me a Wildberry Margarita. Mine looked the same as before, but I thought his looked a little prettier this time, so here is another Rum Runner pic.

P1000993.jpg

Hubby and I went out for dinner last night and we both got margaritas with dinner and as he was drinking his drink he said that he wished he cold have a Rum Runner from the Margarita Bar again because it was the best drink he had ever had in his life. So, for those of you intersted in that drink, there is quite the endorsement for you! :thumbsup2

After we finished our drinks we hit up some shops and I was able to stop myself from buying any Christmas ornaments this trip. I managed to make it home with only one souvenier this year. A Disney Princess piggy bank to replace the Baby Pooh piggy bank I've had since I was 10. How old am I again? :lmao:

It had been awhile since lunch and we were getting hungry again. I decided that I had to try the Meatloaf Sandwich from WPE for myself before we went home this trip. Hubby was more than okay with that, so WPE it is. Again. :laughing: We're obsessed!

We ordered our food to go so that we could eat back at the room. This time when we ordered the guy taking our order asked if we were on the Dining Plan and we said no and then he asked if we had AAA. Why yes I do. I showed him my card and got a 10% discount. Wish I had known that on the 3 other trips we made there this vacation! Oh well, at least I got it this time.

Our food was ready SUPER FAST and we were on our way back to our room in no time.

I know I already posted a picture of this sandwich earler in my DR, but here it is again folks, the Meatloaf Sandwich.

P1000994.jpg

P1000995.jpg

I think I had a bite of hubby's sandwich on a previous trip, but a mere bite did not do it justice. It is the best darn sandwich of all time! Why oh why do I have to have another thing to try and choose between at WPE?! As much as I love the pizza at WPE, it will be hard not to get this sandwich on future trips. It is phenomenal! Wow! The crispy onions and the sauce gave this sandwich a wonderful texture and the bread was divine! Such a great flavor and very hearty! I knew this sandwich was going to be good, but I didn't know it would be this good! Do yourself a favor and TRY THIS SANDWICH! I can't imagine how anyone could not love it. Except maybe vegetarians I guess. :laughing: Yum, yum yum!

The fries that come with it were delicious too! Very crisp and salty, but not too salty. I'm picky about french fries and these were some of the best I've ever had. A definite plus for this meal!

We had a really relaxing evening at the resort and soaked in all the Disney joy that we could because sadly, it is our last night in Disney World. :sad2:

Up next... A final breakfast at Kona

Oooh...Boulangerie Patisserie...how I love thee...

Last trip DH and I split a ham & cheese croissant, cheesecake and mousse and it was the best little lunch EVER. And on snack credits! You really can't go wrong there. What a gem! You've got me extreeeeemely interested in the Sacristain now.

Now if only those Grey Goose slushies were snack credits, I might never leave France... :rolleyes1

I want that WPE sandwich!! I had no idea they gave a AAA discount. I'll make sure to bring my card next time. Thanks for the tip!

Oh my goodness...that meatloaf sandwich looks so yummy! And I was trying to skip having lunch today. I guess I should have known better than to take a break from work to check for updates on the DIS. :lmao:

Hooray!!! Another WPE review! I'm so looking forward to eating at this place. Wish I could have a rum runner about now! :goodvibes

WPE rocks, such a great place to eat at DTD
We've always really enjoyed our food there :goodvibes

Oooh...Boulangerie Patisserie...how I love thee...

Last trip DH and I split a ham & cheese croissant, cheesecake and mousse and it was the best little lunch EVER. And on snack credits! You really can't go wrong there. What a gem! You've got me extreeeeemely interested in the Sacristain now.

Now if only those Grey Goose slushies were snack credits, I might never leave France... :rolleyes1

I definitely want to try a croissant next time too. That does sound like the best lunch ever! :thumbsup2

If the Grey Goose slushies were a snack credit I think I might be in trouble!
:lmao:

I want that WPE sandwich!! I had no idea they gave a AAA discount. I'll make sure to bring my card next time. Thanks for the tip!

I'm happy to be able to share that AAA tip with everyone. I can't believe I didn't know that ahead of time. I even looked into what discounts they offered before we left since I knew we would eat there a lot. I never saw it listed anywhere, but I guess maybe I just overlooked it. :confused3

Oh my goodness...that meatloaf sandwich looks so yummy! And I was trying to skip having lunch today. I guess I should have known better than to take a break from work to check for updates on the DIS. :lmao:

:lmao: I have to stay off this board when I'm hungry! It doesn't take much to push me into breaking my diet for the day and everyone's yummy pictures definitely push me over that edge!

Hooray!!! Another WPE review! I'm so looking forward to eating at this place. Wish I could have a rum runner about now! :goodvibes

I hope you enjoy WPE on your upcoming trip. I've probably overhyped it for you by now. :laughing:

You should be paid to promote both Kona and WPE, as you've convinced me to spend more time at both places. :thumbsup2

If only! That sounds like the perfect job for me! :thumbsup2

WPE rocks, such a great place to eat at DTD
We've always really enjoyed our food there :goodvibes

Woohoo, another WPE fan! WPE has certainly become a new favorite for us! So far I've loved everything that I've tried there.

Mmmm ... WPE is our absolute favourite place to eat in DD, we've never had a bad meal there. I love their rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and garlic butter. :love: That meatloaf sandwich looks amazing and is going on my list to try on our next visit. Thanks for your wonderful reviews.

PS: We also love Kona and always have at least one breakfast and one dinner there every trip. :cloud9:

We love WPE too, although didn't have the greatest experience for breakfast there on our last trip (I suspect I probably ordered wrong).

We are more than likely going to have the QSDP on our trip next October (yes, I am already planning THAT far ahead) so will more than likely be including WPE in our plans quite a lot.

Mmmm ... WPE is our absolute favourite place to eat in DD, we've never had a bad meal there. I love their rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and garlic butter. :love: That meatloaf sandwich looks amazing and is going on my list to try on our next visit. Thanks for your wonderful reviews.

PS: We also love Kona and always have at least one breakfast and one dinner there every trip. :cloud9:

The chicken at WPE looks really good too. I need a week long trip just to be able to try everything at WPE! I wish I had done Kona for dinner this trip. I'm kicking myself for canceling our dinner reservation the one night. Oh well, next trip!

We love WPE too, although didn't have the greatest experience for breakfast there on our last trip (I suspect I probably ordered wrong).

We are more than likely going to have the QSDP on our trip next October (yes, I am already planning THAT far ahead) so will more than likely be including WPE in our plans quite a lot.

That's too bad about your bad breakfast experience at WPE. I hope you like it better if you decide to give it another try on a future trip. That's great that you're planning another trip for next year too! I wish I could start planning another trip, but hubby's job situation is up in the air, so I can't plan any trips until he gets into a new job. :sad2: He has an interview coming up for a great job, so hopefully he gets in there. If he does I'm probably going to buy into DVC so I can stopping using up all my mom's points every year. :laughing: Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

Thanks for your great reviews! You and your hubby seem like lots of fun.

Your pics are great, I think I would like to try everything but especially the Rum Runner and Wildberry Margarita.

And sending some :wizard: your way for DVC!

That's too bad about your bad breakfast experience at WPE. I hope you like it better if you decide to give it another try on a future trip. That's great that you're planning another trip for next year too! I wish I could start planning another trip, but hubby's job situation is up in the air, so I can't plan any trips until he gets into a new job. :sad2: He has an interview coming up for a great job, so hopefully he gets in there. If he does I'm probably going to buy into DVC so I can stopping using up all my mom's points every year. :laughing: Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

So sorry about your DH's job. My DH is being made redundant in October but we have known about it for some time and, with some forward planning, are still (hopefully) able to have our vacations. Hope your hubby gets the job :goodvibes And hope you get your DVC ;) Buying into DVC was the best thing we ever did :thumbsup2

Sigh. The last dining review of the trip. If only vacation could last forever. Well, it can't and now I have to pack! :laughing:

We actually got the car packed up fairly quick and now we are off to Poly for the last meal of our trip.

I wanted to get to breakfast as soon as we could on this last morning. It's a long ride home and I don't want to get home too late. On a few other trips we made the drive home overnight and it was TORTURE! Those have not been pleasant rides. Last year we did breakfast and then a couple hours in the park and it really took more out of us than I thought it would and we had a rough ride home. I was determined to arrive home clear headed this trip.

We got to Kona Cafe around 9am and they were able to take us without a reservation. We were seated promptly and we didn't even need to look at a menu since we had already decided what we would try for our second Kona breakfast this trip.

I went back to an old favorite. The Tonga Toast.

P1000998-1.jpg

The delicious inside of the Tonga Toast

P1030868.jpg

The butter, syrup and strawberry sauce to go with it

P1000999.jpg

I decided to get the breakfast ham this time as my side since I really liked it with the Big Kahuna. The Tonga Toast and the ham were delicious! The Tonga Toast is very sweet, but I still love it. I don't care for the strawberry sauce, but I do like a little bit of the maple syup on it. It doesn't need much since it is already a lot of sugar without it, but just a drizzle on it is a nice touch. My portion of ham was huge and very tasty. Yum!

Hubby decided to try something new and got the Steak and Eggs.

P1000997.jpg

Hey, get your hand out the picture! No eating until I take a picture of your food! :lmao: He loved his breakfast! He said the steak was cooked perfectly and was a really nice cut. He also liked the biscuit and the potatoes. He had his eggs over hard and they were really good. He got the server to bring him a bottle of hot sauce for his eggs, the man loves hot sauce, and he was in food heaven!

We skipped the expensive juice this time and just got coffee to keep us alert on the drive. After breakfast I took a few last looks around the Poly lobby and started to mentally prepare myself to leave my happy place for the forseeable future. Here we are in the Poly lobby after b-fast.

P1010002-1.jpg

It's hard to see, but I have my Hawaiian themed Phillies shirt on since I thought it fit in with our surroundings this morning. Victorino! :goodvibes I had 4 different people compliment this shirt just in Poly alone. Our Phillies shirts are usually a very big conversation starter in Disney. :thumbsup2

Usually I am the one who gets really upset when we have to leave WDW, but this time it was hubby. He was really really sad about leaving. We were heading out to the car and he had me check movie times for AMC 24 on my phone. There was an 11am showing of Battleship and he said, "We can't leave yet! Let's go see one last movie. Please!" I reminded him of how late that would get us in if we stayed any longer, but he was giving me the sad eyes and I caved. Our trips isn't over afterall!

We drove to DTD for one last movie and then after that we almost went to EoS to grab sandwiches for the road, but now we were really asking for trouble with how late it was. Hubby asked if there was any way we could somehow stay for one more night but unfortunatly we couldn't since I had a bridal shower the next afternoon. Now, with heavy hearts, we got in the car and got on the road. :sad1:

We got home to New Jersey at 4am the next morning. No fun travel day pics on the way home. We had Wendy's on the drive home and no one wants to see a picture of my lame cheeseburger. It would just depress all of you with how sad looking this burger was after all this amazing looking food. :laughing:

Well, that's it everyone. Thank you all so much for reading my DR! I loving being able to share my trip with all of you fabulous people! :goodvibes To those of you with upcoming trips I hope you all have magical vacations with lots of great food :wizard: No more trips planned for me and hubby right now, but as soon as I do I will back here to report all the food filled details! Take care everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter