Tortola Excursions - Non ferry based

emilymad

DIS Veteran
We are considering the Eastern Caribbean cruise. We have done the Eastern route several times but never to Tortola. It seems that a lot of excursions require a ferry or boat ride. Is it possible to go to a beach via land or is that not the best options for Tortola? We have had numerous negative experiences with rough water going from St Thomas to St John so we want to avoid that possibility.

The best beaches will require a boat ride. There is not much for good beach near the Roqdtown docks.

I am heading there is a few weeks and decided on Cane Garden beach. No ferry or boat and it appears to be very nice. There is a lot of info on it if you google it.
Good luck! :)

When we went to Tortola, there were a number of 'taxi - buses' waiting at the dock. They drove passengers to the beach.... it was a little scary since they were open and went over some steep terrain. However, there were some beautiful views and the beach was quite nice. I think we only paid $20 round trip for our whole family.

We'll be on the Fantasy TOMORROW, YIPPEE!! We are doing the beach express (tt68). It goes to Beef Island and transport is an open air bus. This will be our first time at Tortola, can give a review next week when we return.

We'll be on the Fantasy TOMORROW, YIPPEE!! We are doing the beach express (tt68). It goes to Beef Island and transport is an open air bus. This will be our first time at Tortola, can give a review next week when we return.

I would love a review when you return. Have a wonderful time!

Please share what you think! Considering doing this one.

Ferry to Virgin Gorda was pretty rough, watched a youngster barf up her fruit punch last week. My wife and I loved the excursion though.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter