Toronto Hotels

Sugar Jones

DIS Veteran
So we've decided we are going to do Centreville Island and a Jays game for out little summer getaway. I wanted Niagara Falls, but was out voted :( :rotfl:

However I am having a hard time finding a Toronto hotel that has suites or rooms for a family of 5 without paying over $400.00 a night :headache:

I don't know Toronto very well at all, but I was hoping to find something that would be close enough to the harbour as well as Roger's Centre so that we could just park our car and walk everywhere instead of having to worry about parking and traffic.

So if anyone could offer up some advice that would great. We could do two rooms adjoining as long as they rooms were not overly expensive.

We LOVE the Westin Harbour Castle :thumbsup2 . Its a perfect location for you to park upon arrival and walk to the Jays game (about 10-15 minutes on foot) and to the ferry dock (literally, right next to the hotel).

We stayed there on Canada Day (also to attend a Jays game) and booked the "Love Your Family" package. We received our accomodations, valet parking (worth $40), and a full buffet breakfast for all of us at the Mizzen restaurant (which was excellent .... TONS of different selections and all very family-friendly, and valued at $60 for a family of four) for $209 per night. There was an option to add a second room for $99 more. We only have a family of 3 so one room was plenty, but perhaps they could add a cot for a nominal fee? The package also included some extras for kids (refillable water bottles, etc.) but our son is 15 so we didn't bother with them.

The Westin's service is top-notch :worship:. Valets are prompt and very friendly. The front desk staff were fabulous. Service at breakfast was efficient and the servers were wonderful (one fellow even came over to take a family photo when he spotted our camera on the table). They will bring your luggage to and from your room, leaving your hands free to corral the excited kiddos. And you can check in anytime (even well before check-in time) and they will hold your luggage for you, and take it to your room once its assigned.

They have a great pool, a hot tub, a kids play centre (located right along the side of the pool, so if your wee ones want to play while you want to swim, you can see each other perfectly while you each partake of your own activity), as well as a rooftop tennis court and basketball area. There's a flat screen tv in the recreation area where they show "dive in movies". The rec area has a gorgeous view of the harbour if you'd rather just pull up a lounge chair and read.

Our room had a duel view: turn to the left, and you had the cityscape. Turn your head to the right, and you have a full view of the harbour.

My only complaint of the stay was that internet access was an extra $17 per night :scared1: . Needless to say we left the laptop turned OFF.

I would not hesitate to recommend it! Check their website for various offers, as they had all sorts of different packages depending on what you might want included.

I second the Westin Harbour Castle, we went last year to Toronto Island ( loved it ) and stayed there, I got a good deal through Starwood though, so it was a really really good deal. Its a gorgeous hotel but for what your looking for it'd be expensive yes.

I'd highly recommend the Residence Inn Downtown. It's very close to Rogers Centre and about a 15 minute walk (at "kid pace") to the Ferry Docks.

I love the Residence Inn because they have apartment style suites with a full kitchen. While I don't love to cook while on vacation, I like to have dishes upon which to eat take out food. There's even a dishwasher! The fridge and microwave come in handy for snacks and picnic lunches. The hotel is a little more expensive than some, but I find that we manage to save enough by having fewer restaurant meals to cover the difference. The rate includes a hot/cold breakfast buffet so there's one meal covered.

The staff have been good every time we've gone. Parking is pricey, but they sometimes have packages that include parking for around the same price as the room alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter