Torn between Tutto Italia and skipping restaurants altogether for F&W booths

We aren't big fans of Tutto Italia (although we LOVE Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar next door). It's not bad, we just have many other restaurants in WS that we prefer.

During F&W we don't do any TS meals, we just eat at the various booths. However, our F&W trip is always at least 7 days (and those 7 days are spent almost entirely at Epcot) and we still never have enough time to try everything we want to try at the booths.

What days will you be at Epcot? If you are there during the week then I would plan on just getting food at the booths. If you are there over a weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) then it might not be a bad idea to at least make ADRs for dinner because in our experience it is so crazy busy on the weekends that you don't end up being able to really try many booths because the lines are so very long. If you find that the crowds aren't affecting your ability to eat what you want you can always modify your ADR to later day and then cancel. We either stay away from F&W on the weekends or make sure we are there as soon as the booths open and then head somewhere else when it starts to get mobbed.

Thanks everyone! You guys gave me great food for thought. I will keep the reservation for now till the list of booths and their offers are released.

I would go with food and wine boths.You can always eat at Tutto Italia. The booths are very good.

I was grateful for a break from the heat & a break from the crowds so I have regrets about TS during F&W (and I love the booths too). I think it just depends on your park personality :)

I did F&W last year, and maybe I chose incorrectly, but I wasn't overly impressed with anything I got. And I found that I'd have rather had a sit down meal in the afternoon to get out of the heat. But that's me. I think I'm done with F&W for the time being. I need to explore the restaurants in the World Showcase instead.

Right now I have a 7:30pm reservation for Tutto Italia for October 2nd but with F&W going on while I'm there I'm considering dropping it and sticking with small plates at the various booth around the World Showcase. While I have one full day and two half days at EPCOT planned and I know it's plenty of time to experience all food booths, I'm wondering if using a meal credit (I have the dxdp) at Tutto Italia will be a waste.

What are your experiences with this particular restaurant?

Plus, are they usually part of the Eat To The Beat concert package?
We are probably not the norm here, but we enjoy eating at F&W for lunch, but we enjoy having a sit down dinner in the evening. Love the different foods at F&W, but after walking a ton during the day, prefer to relax at a sit down dinner.ENJOY whatever you decide.:goodvibes Can't wait for F&W!:drinking1

We had a similar Epcot setup as you (one full day, one half day, and ended up with a second half day) during F&W and still planned a sitdown meal at Via Napoli. I thought it would be too much, and we wouldn't be hungry enough to enjoy it but actually ended up working really well. While there was plenty I still could have sampled, I got a LOT in and didn't miss anything I really wanted. I also really enjoyed the full meal we had. So I would say go for it, just pace yourself in a way that you'll still have enough appetite for dinner. There's plenty of time to sample around that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter