Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort - *2 New Parties Added! “Enchantment at the Top” & New “Bound to Be Bad” Dates Added

You forgot to add “perks aren’t guaranteed and we plan to start charging for them soon. Also over the years we’ve slowly taken away many perks, soooo”

I will buy it when I see it. It's still in the contracts being sold so it's guaranteed for 3 years at least.

Anything paid is likely of little value if the rumors of $100 is true.

Nothing in current benefits is likely being removed. The only worry I have is Disney ends AP all together so we don't know what the new ticket discount for DVC would be.

Of course they do but your question was should non members be allowed to attend a member event on a lawn. So my answer would be no, but once the event is over they should be allowed on the lawn.

If it's part of dues absolutely. Thing is these spaces are not covered by our dues.

Wish they were.

The boardwalk area would be nice to have and it would have been cool to have a rooftop lounge for DVC at RIV.

I will buy it when I see it. It's still in the contracts being sold so it's guaranteed for 3 years at least.

Anything paid is likely of little value if the rumors of $100 is true.

Nothing in current benefits is likely being removed. The only worry I have is Disney ends AP all together so we don't know what the new ticket discount for DVC would be.

Honestly you have to stop saying this. It does not say they are guaranteed for three years

It says three years or less. They do not need to keep them for any set time.

It’s unfair to new buyers to constantly misquote the membership extras document.

To clear it up for others. Here is the actual contract language related to membership perks and how long they have to keep them.

1656380422820.png

Last edited:

Just to add to what I posted above for those new,,here is the paragraph that also indicates they can be terminated without notice.

1656415092775.png

Attachments

• 1656414445563.png
    1656414445563.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Is it amazing that dvc just takes away things is charging more for things. Keeps raising direct pricing !! if they want to compete with resale then stop pricing the sold out resorts so high and more people would buy direct!
As far as the the blue card perks how many direct buyers have been shut out from attending a moonlight magic event because dvc allows 3 guests per member to attend regardless if there guests are members or not ! Blocking other blue card members from attending because it's sold out. So the same thing will happen at totwl . If dvc care about it members they would limit it to members only. As far as white card members who do pay dues for these resorts upkeep to keep them looking good for dvc to resale them for a much higher prices to not be allowed the enter a lounge to buy drinks and food is a little petty. And before somebody tells me dues don't pay for totwl I know but without resort upkeep would they be able to build all of these new resorts?
Bottom line is blue or white dvc only cares about green! Remember this disney is not run by Walt anymore!

if they want to compete with resale then stop pricing the sold out resorts so high and more people would buy direct!

They blow resale out of the water for the most part. They also increase prices in part because of resale so when they ROFR they can make a good amount of profit.

Is it amazing that dvc just takes away things is charging more for things. Keeps raising direct pricing !! if they want to compete with resale then stop pricing the sold out resorts so high and more people would buy direct!
As far as the the blue card perks how many direct buyers have been shut out from attending a moonlight magic event because dvc allows 3 guests per member to attend regardless if there guests are members or not ! Blocking other blue card members from attending because it's sold out. So the same thing will happen at totwl . If dvc care about it members they would limit it to members only. As far as white card members who do pay dues for these resorts upkeep to keep them looking good for dvc to resale them for a much higher prices to not be allowed the enter a lounge to buy drinks and food is a little petty. And before somebody tells me dues don't pay for totwl I know but without resort upkeep would they be able to build all of these new resorts?
Bottom line is blue or white dvc only cares about green! Remember this disney is not run by Walt anymore!

The thing is that DVDs answer to compete against resale is to put in restrictions and give those who buy from them extras.

In terms of upkeep? It happens at all resorts where there are spaces that are commercial. As I said, I have no right to the outside deck at Toppolinos as a RIV owner…this isn’t different. They keep me out unless I eat there…and they don’t save spots for RIV owners either.

As far as the rest, perks are extra and really more of a loyalty program. As the standard advice here, do not buy direct for perks. If the perks need to be there for someone to enjoy the product, then it may not be the right one,

Now, could they have left this? Sure. But the whole strategy for them, as a business, is to get a buyer to choose them over resale.

While this one lounge doesn’t seem like a big deal and it could have remained open to everyone, I think it’s the start of adding more of them around WDW…so on its own? Who cares…but if it becomes one of many, then it will.

It's been well established that DVD can offer perks and discounts to whomever they please.

This whole discussion boils down to money. Some who purchased resale contracts want the same perks and benefits as those who purchased direct. They chose to pay less than those who purchased direct. It's about the money.

It's been well established that DVD can offer perks and discounts to whomever they please.

This whole discussion boils down to money. Some who purchased resale contracts want the same perks and benefits as those who purchased direct. They chose to pay less than those who purchased direct. It's about the money.
Indeed you are correct, but in doing so they created somewhat of a class wafare.
I always thought was a bit below what Disney stood for.

No. I purchased direct. And I still think a member is a member.

If they're the same ones (or trained by them) from the Epcot lounge, you won't see them shedding any tears. They care about as much as a doorman at Studio 54.
Yeah there is a breed of CM at Disney that loves the small power trip they receive in their roles so they probably will be fine. Sometimes I am amazed that those people exist and thrive for such a long time doing that role ha

It's about the money.
I'm strongly in camp "they can do anything they want and no one should be surprised." But, I also think that there is more to it than that---partly because of what Disney is as an entity, and specifically how the company messages around DVC.

Disney is a company that makes money by selling happy emotions. It's pretty easy to go from that to "Disney wants me, personally, to be happy." Unfortunately, Disney doesn't care about me individually. Disney only cares about whether or not they have a sufficiently large customer base to justify their capital investments in theme parks, cruise ships, and blockbuster movies. DVC takes this idea one step further, by explaining that owners aren't just timeshare owners, they are Members. They belong. They are not just visiting WDW, they are welcomed home.

Most anyone who become more than casual customers of the Mouse will find themselves taken by the (mistaken) idea that Disney cares about them and wants them, specifically, to be happy. I suspect this is even more common among DVC owners. But, inevitably, the Mouse makes a pricing or offering decision that person doesn't like, and suddenly they are faced with the reality that Disney doesn't care about them. Disney only cared about their money. And, if they decide to leave Disney, the company will shrug and move on to the next person.

And there will always be a next person. The world keeps making new families with pre-school to school-aged kids, and those families still believe that a trip to the Disney theme parks is a rite of passage. Some of those families will be so taken by the experience that they will buy DVC. The wheel keeps turning.

So, yes, it is about the money. But, in many cases, it is also about the disillusionment and cognitive dissonance that arises when one recognizes that Mickey doesn't love them back after all.

Ok I’m
No. I purchased direct. And I still think a member is a member.

And every member is still a member. But if you don’t pay for something, why would anyone believe they should be eligible for whatever that something is?

ETA. I will use my Costco analogy again. Do you think that the person who buys the basic membership should get the rewards back that I get because I paid extra for the executive membership? After all, both are members.

Last edited:
Sometimes I am amazed that those people exist and thrive for such a long time doing that role ha
That is their job---a job that they probably need. A job in which they are contsantly bombarded by people who are personally angry at them for a decision that they did not make but are expected to enforce. Even Mother Teresa would get snippy once in a while in that situation.

Last edited:
Hindsight is often 20/20 but if you had asked about TOTWL 6 months ago or even 6 weeks ago, I bet some posters would have warned that its status could change. It was always an outlier among member perks and the 2+ year closure gave Disney/DVC the perfect opportunity to discuss its future status.

There is no exact parallel but the BoardWalk has a relatively obscure lounge called The Attic which used to be available to members. It's buried on the end of one of the villa wings, and is seemingly a perfect location for a DVC member exclusive. Over the years, I've heard some early BWV buyers vent that they were under the impression it was part of what they were buying. But many years ago it was closed off to everyone, and made available for only private parties.

(Maybe a return of The Attic will be the next shoe to drop. If so, we can be certain BWV resale owners won't have access.)

Thing is, you're the one who will help perpetuate such a stigma. Few people here--if any--would apply such labels to resale owners. I certainly respect your decision, even if I chose a different path.
I got married at WDW in March and the Attic was one of our venue choices for a welcome party. Ultimately we went with the Grand Floridian, but I can tell you the Attic was full for brunches and receptions most of the days we looked at. And that is $$$ for Disney Fairy Tale Weddings. It would probably be difficult to allow any kind of access when there are constantly private events scheduled.

I wish they would flip that Tangaroa Terrace building at the Poly into a lounge. I think it used to be a restaurant in the 70s or 80s? It would be a perfect DVC space of some sort being located right near the 3 DVC longhouses. But perhaps Poly 2 will have something in store...

That is their job---a job that they probably need. A job in which they are contsantly bombarded by people who are personally angry at them for a decision that they did not make but are expected to enforce. Even Mother Teresa would get snippy once in a while in that situation.
You know the people I am talking about ha. Covid rules brought out the best in these people. I saw CMs running to the scene of a "crime" on the edge of property when nobody was around. After they boasted and acted so macho. I get there are a rules and I am a rules follower but it is laughable to me. Either way, good luck CM and hope you don't get too much crap.

And every member is still a member. But if you don’t pay for something, why are you entitled to it.

I mean Disney makes me pay for a new refillable mug every time I go.

I don't think you can have this both ways. Members are all the same, or they aren't.

And as you have said many times before. You aren't paying for perks. Perks aren't guaranteed.

I don't think you can have this both ways. Members are all the same, or they aren't.

And as you have said many times before. You aren't paying for perks. Perks aren't guaranteed.

Very true But DVD gives them to you because you are their client.

So again, it has nothing to do with being a member. It’s about DVD spending their own money to give their clients a loyalty program. So while we don’t pay directly, we pay for them because our purchase helps them fund them.

Resale buyers are not a DVD client. They didn’t buy from them.

They are a DVC members which entitles them to the use of the product they bought.

I know people aren’t thrilled with DVDs decision to no longer pay for benefits for those who don’t purchase from them

But, it’s no different than my car dealership giving me free oil changes because I bought from them and not my brother in law who did not. I mean we both own Chevy trucks. And it’s a Chevy dealership.

People just want it to be different..which is fine…and can be disappointed it is..but need to at least recognize it is.

Again, people who bought resale did so because they saved money, which meant they closed the door on perks.

People who buy direct paid more for the chance to have them.

It’s the lottery. You got to pay to play. You may not win but if you don’t pay, you won’t.

Before anyone says it, it has nothing to do with me defending DVD because I am a Disney apologist.

Its about understanding that it’s okay for a business, any business to make their own rules and give the consumer the choice to either support them or not.

The topic of whether the road DVD has gone done to distinguish is a great one and how it will impact DVC in the long term.

But let me ask you this? If DVD said they would charge you extra..in order to include resale for for a chance for perks would you pay it?

I certainly wouldn’t.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter