Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort - *2 New Parties Added! “Enchantment at the Top” & New “Bound to Be Bad” Dates Added

What does that have to do with my quibbling over the difference between attending a specific event vs being allowed to enter a space?

I think the analogy is that this new lounge is being marketed as a free nightly event for blue card owners. Like MM is but on a much smaller scale. They even refer to them as nightly parties. So, it sounds that the plan is to make them something more owners want to stop at because of the new Villians theme.

It may very well make it more popular. They are now allowing people to park..that might entice more owners to visit who didn’t before because they had to take Disney transportation.

Had it been crowded? Yes. I have been several times and couldn’t get a seat when getting there about an hour before fireworks. Other times, it was no issue. But I never visited once in which the deck wasn’t full of people for simply watching fireworks and if I got there too close to 9 pm, I did not get a great spot.

Again, they are not targeting new buyers who want BLT. It’s targeting someone who wants DVC and isn’t too concerned about home resort because they can trade to it at 7 months. While we here know it’s harder than that, many buyers do not.

They aren’t even really targeting you who has BLT already into buying more BLT from there. They want you to want access and maybe add 150 more points at RIV or VGF.

They also want people on boards like this, when someone asks what do I get if I spend more for direct to now be able to say not only Epcot Lounge, but TOTWL too..along with all the other things.

And, if they really needed more revenue, Disney could have always opened it up to cash guests at BLT years ago. They didn’t so they never were worried about upsetting CR or BLT guests who were not DVC.

So, it appears that whatever this deal is was enough for Disney because Disney doesn’t make decisions with the other divisions that they don’t think is a plus for them.

And I do think more of these lounges will pop up at other DVC resorts or WDW hotels
See that, I'm always learning something new from your posts. I thought/assumed cash guests had access previously. When I first heard this news I was upset. I've processed it and am completely over it now. I'm just enjoying the humor of it all at this point.

Again, they are not targeting new buyers who want BLT. It’s targeting someone who wants DVC and isn’t too concerned about home resort because they can trade to it at 7 months. While we here know it’s harder than that, many buyers do not.
So yes preying on the uneducated consumer with deceptive marketing to maximize profit. That resembles current management pretty well!!

Specific events happen in specific spaces, so I don't think you can differentiate between the two. Its just that everyone is bending over backwards to parse why losing this one perk is wrong, when we've all known that all perks come and go, and that it can affect every single DVC owner. Resale owners don't buy for the perks anyway, do they?
Of course they do but your question was should non members be allowed to attend a member event on a lawn. So my answer would be no, but once the event is over they should be allowed on the lawn.

I think the analogy is that this new lounge is being marketed as a free nightly event for blue card owners. Like MM is but on a much smaller scale. They even refer to them as nightly parties. So, it sounds that the plan is to make them something more owners want to stop at because of the new Villians theme.
Maybe that's how it's marketed but others are still barred entry to the space. I'm looking forward to trying to get in and having the bartender point at me and say!..

Maybe that's how it's marketed but others are still barred entry to the space. I'm looking forward to trying to get in and having the bartender point at me and say!..

But resale owners aren’t permitted into the Epcot Lounge either. Is that upsetting? Before I bought direct, as a resale buyer, I was fully aware that the substantial savings came with a few caveats, one of which was no member perks. I was totally ok with that, and was actually surprised that I was allowed into the lounge, even though I never went.

I don’t like the whole DVC class system either, but it’s certainly been effective in getting me to buy direct even though I did it mostly for the unrestricted points to stay at Riviera. But as we all know, perks come and go. Even for resale buyers. That’s the way the system works and we’ve all known it.

Well, it will be the CM at the desk on the ground floor who won't let you into the elevator...there is a special one that takes you to that floor...and I am sure we will all witness some lively conversations.

I know people are hoping that they will look the other way like sometimes CMs do when giving discounts...but because there are only a few who work this, like the Epcot Lounge, they are pretty strict...I know you never hear of those who didn't have a blue card getting let in...and that is because its DVC running the show.

And, during the closure of the lounge, they blocked access to the observation deck as well. You couldn't even go up to watch fireworks.

Last edited:
But resale owners aren’t permitted into the Epcot Lounge either. Is that upsetting? Before I bought direct, as a resale buyer, I was fully aware that the substantial savings came with a few caveats, one of which was no member perks. I was totally ok with that, and was actually surprised that I was allowed into the lounge, even though I never went.

I don’t like the whole DVC class system either, but it’s certainly been effective in getting me to buy direct even though I did it mostly for the unrestricted points to stay at Riviera. But as we all know, perks come and go. Even for resale buyers. That’s the way the system works and we’ve all known it.
The Epcot lounge doesn't bother me in the least. And anything new they may create in the future would not bother me in the least. And even here it's not even about the actual perk, the lounge itself, but rather the principle. The principle of restricting dues paying members of a resort from a facility within that resort especially when it was previously offered. Yes I know there was full disclosure it could be removed and that dues don't support the totwl. And while it's been fascinating to learn about the various divisions within Disney that operate different segments and how they have different agendas (and who is responsible for maintaining the elevator shaft!) the specifics of what contracts guarantee and what they don't... beyond all that to me there was a sort of common sense (at least to me!) assumption you would have access to the facilities located within your resort. To remove it because you can is a crappy thing to do. That's just a feeling and an opinion. Accepting the motive to move more potential future buyers away from resale and towards direct, I don't believe maintaining access for BLT owners of any kind along with providing access to all blue card members would've hurt the cause. This too is simply my opinion, it could certainly be wrong. Sandi keeps making very good points to counter much of what I'm saying, very factual specific legal points and of course they are all correct. I'm not disputing any of it just to say it strikes me as cheap petty lousy unnecessary crappy thing to do. Most blue card members seem to agree based on the majority of comments and most resale buyers rather ironically seem to just shrug. I'm almost there.

I am blue card member and own 100 BLT resale points that are not restricted in any way. For years, July 3, 4 and December 30, 31 were blocked off for only DVC members who were staying at BLT. THEN they decided to have paid parties for I think the actual holidays, the 4th and 31st. So, I began to pay the extra points for a theme park view when I stay to see the MK fireworks at those times. Sometimes I am lucky and have been able to switch at seven months so I can save those precious BLT points!

The Epcot lounge doesn't bother me in the least. And anything new they may create in the future would not bother me in the least. And even here it's not even about the actual perk, the lounge itself, but rather the principle. The principle of restricting dues paying members of a resort from a facility within that resort especially when it was previously offered. Yes I know there was full disclosure it could be removed and that dues don't support the totwl. And while it's been fascinating to learn about the various divisions within Disney that operate different segments and how they have different agendas (and who is responsible for maintaining the elevator shaft!) the specifics of what contracts guarantee and what they don't... beyond all that to me there was a sort of common sense (at least to me!) assumption you would have access to the facilities located within your resort. To remove it because you can is a crappy thing to do. That's just a feeling and an opinion. Accepting the motive to move more potential future buyers away from resale and towards direct, I don't believe maintaining access for BLT owners of any kind along with providing access to all blue card members would've hurt the cause. This too is simply my opinion, it could certainly be wrong. Sandi keeps making very good points to counter much of what I'm saying, very factual specific legal points and of course they are all correct. I'm not disputing any of it just to say it strikes me as cheap petty lousy unnecessary crappy thing to do. Most blue card members seem to agree based on the majority of comments and most resale buyers rather ironically seem to just shrug. I'm almost there.
I get being bummed, but honestly so many BLT rooms have nice firework views anyway, that all the lounge really is is a spot to get limited food/drinks, and in that case, I think there are better lounges to go to. Plus if you really want to go, I bet many people would let you in as their guest. You’re going to have a great time staying at BLT regardless - congratulations on the new purchase!

It starts with anger...but will ultimately wind up at begrudging acceptance. Don't worry, you'll get there. We'll help you. :)

The day DVD sells out their very last resort, we will all be in the same boat. So we can content ourselves with that eventually I suppose.

It starts with anger...but will ultimately wind up at begrudging acceptance. Don't worry, you'll get there. We'll help you. :)
You've all been a tremendous help honestly! I think I'm in the bargaining stage now... Well can't I come in just for a little bit while no one else is using it?

No? Fine I don't want to go to your stupid fancy lounge anyway.... Grr, knocks over table.

Ok, I'm sorry, seriously can I please just come in for a little bit? Ok you win Mickey, where do I buy 150 direct points? Wait, you want how much?!?! Spits out $16 martini and storms off to complain on Dis boards!

Plus if you really want to go, I bet many people would let you in as their guest. You’re going to have a great time staying at BLT regardless - congratulations on the new purchase!
Unless I'm staying in your room on your reservation, I don't believe you could bring me anyway. I'm starting to feel worse for the poor CMs that will have to enforce this lunacy than the restricted BLT resale owners like me!

But thank you for your kind words and classy response. Cheers!

I think we'll manage to have some great trips despite being barred from totwl. In fact now that I think about it, to the surprise of probably none of you, this is far from the first time I've been kicked out of a bar!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter