Top of the World Lounge beyond 2018

fumipappa

Mouseketeer
Here is the paragraph from Disney website.

"Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018."

Does anybody know this will be extended beyond this year? We are planning to stay BLT 1/1 - 1/7.
(I am guessing 1/1 will be blackout date)
Hoping we can visit there to watch fireworks one night.

If anybody has any insight, I appreciate for sharing!

I don't see any reason why access would not be extended. As for blockout dates, those are typically on the nights of 7/3, 7/4, 12/30 and 12/31.

Disney always lists the end date just in case they decide to actually end things. When they announce that it's extended for another year, people think that they are wonderful. Top of the World Lounge exists because BLT owners own it and pay for it. Disney leases the lounge from the owners to run the bar and food venue and they keep the proceeds. As owners we do not know what they pay for the lease.

:earsboy: Bill

If you're staying at BLT on points you should have access regardless. I'm not sure (can't find the exact documentation) if blackout dates limit access to BLT Owners staying at BLT on points, or if it's any DVC member staying at BLT on points. You should be good though.

If you're staying at BLT on points you should have access regardless. I'm not sure (can't find the exact documentation) if blackout dates limit access to BLT Owners staying at BLT on points, or if it's any DVC member staying at BLT on points. You should be good though.
On the blockout dates, you must be using your membership to stay at BLT in order to access the TOTWL. The reservation can be either points or a member cash (made by DVC).

On the blockout dates, you must be using your membership to stay at BLT in order to access the TOTWL. The reservation can be either points or a member cash (made by DVC).
That’s exactly why we own at BLT, do we can stay and use the TOTW on July 3 and December 30. This year I have a lake view 2 bed room because all standard view 2 bedrooms were already gone right at 11 month.

Right. It is any points stay AT BLT on a blackout. Reality is that almost all points bookings for those dates will be BLT points. But if you snoozed and lost, just owning BLT won't get you in on a blackout night, just like owning BCV points doesn't get you into SAB when you're staying at AKV.

Disney always lists the end date just in case they decide to actually end things. When they announce that it's extended for another year, people think that they are wonderful. Top of the World Lounge exists because BLT owners own it and pay for it. Disney leases the lounge from the owners to run the bar and food venue and they keep the proceeds. As owners we do not know what they pay for the lease.

I bet we gave them quite a good deal on the lease... Lol

I suspect TOTW is why Disney hold a larger number of BLT points than might otherwise be expected.

Ok I’m going to chime in and say TOTWL perk is amazing.
It was priceless when I stayed at BLT and just stepped in elevator and pressed different floor.

However our last stay at BRV we went to TOTWL and member lounge in Epcot.
Both IMO best additions to perks!!!!

In fact we had brunch at Cali grill and could have gone back for “viewing”
TOTWL far superior IMO
Unless we go back to the amazing AP rate I purchased last year lol
Kerri

Been there once, we sat for 15 minutes and didn’t get a sniff of attention from a server, so we left. Very un-Disney like. I won’t go out of my way to go back. Nice space, but that’s not acceptable.

Does anyone know if you need reservations or just walk in?

No reservations are needed. However, it's subject to capacity restrictions and the previously mentioned blackout dates. You have to check in at the podium at the ground level.

I've been able to go up while staying at BWV, OKW, and SSR. I've also gone up after ADR at the Wave while staying off-site. Only once out of the 4 I remember a magic band check; the rest I just had my blue membership card out. They asked how many guests (I never had more than 2) and we just got into the elevator. I always went when it wasn't busy, however.

No reservations are needed. However, it's subject to capacity restrictions and the previously mentioned blackout dates. You have to check in at the podium at the ground level.

I've been able to go up while staying at BWV, OKW, and SSR. I've also gone up after ADR at the Wave while staying off-site. Only once out of the 4 I remember a magic band check; the rest I just had my blue membership card out. They asked how many guests (I never had more than 2) and we just got into the elevator. I always went when it wasn't busy, however.
Oh wow thank you! We have chef mickeys resos on December 17th. DVC members and staying at the boardwalk. Do you know
If kids are allowed in as well?

I suspect TOTW is why Disney hold a larger number of BLT points than might otherwise be expected.
Why do you say that Disney holds a larger number of BLT points than expected?

I've been tracking data on BLT sales and reacquisitions by Disney since sales began in September 2008. For several years now, Disney has held anywhere between 5,000 and 11,000 points over the 2% it is legally required to retain. As of the end of October 2018, Disney is holding about 10,181 BLT points over and above its required amount. 10,181 might sound like a lot of points, but it represents only 0.18% of BLT's total points.

Until October 1, 2018, I also kept complete sales and reacquisition data on VGF and PVB. Disney actually held a slightly larger percentage of VGF points -- about 0.75% -- over its required 2% holdings. PVB ran about 0.25% over the mandated 2% holding.

One more thing about the Top of the World Lounge: TotWL is a Commercial Unit as that term is defined in the Master Declaration. Within the BLT and all other DVC Condominium Associations, Commercial Units are treated differently than Residential Units, Common Elements, and Common Limited Elements.

TotWL is to BLT as Olivia's is to OKW, Sanaa is to AKV, Turf Club is to SSR, etc. All of these commercial entities are within Commercial Units. Owners at these condominium associations have no financial responsibilities toward these Commercial Units, nor to they manage or upkeep them, nor do they receive any revenue from them.

One more thing about the Top of the World Lounge: TotWL is a Commercial Unit as that term is defined in the Master Declaration. Within the BLT and all other DVC Condominium Associations, Commercial Units are treated differently than Residential Units, Common Elements, and Common Limited Elements.

TotWL is to BLT as Olivia's is to OKW, Sanaa is to AKV, Turf Club is to SSR, etc. All of these commercial entities are within Commercial Units. Owners at these condominium associations have no financial responsibilities toward these Commercial Units, nor to they manage or upkeep them, nor do they receive any revenue from them.

I thought that TOTWL started as commercial unit and later Disney changed it and became the responsibility of the BLT owners and Disney leased back the lounge area.

Been there once, we sat for 15 minutes and didn’t get a sniff of attention from a server, so we left. Very un-Disney like. I won’t go out of my way to go back. Nice space, but that’s not acceptable.
they need more servers... I agree.. takes too long to get served.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter