Took a tour of A of A while staying at Pop

Mousemom

DIS Veteran
We found out that we could take a tour of the new resort so decided to check it out. We were the only family taking the tour at that time and our tour guide did a great job explaining the art work in the lobby, showing us the food court, grounds, and a Cars Suite. We knew as soon as we were done that we will be staying here our next trip. It is an amazing resort. The colors, icons, and the Big Blue Pool area are over the top cool. We went over and ate at their food court a couple times (one breakfast and one dinner). They have some of the standard food court items but also some very different foods. They don't use plastic silverware or paper plates and there is no carpet on the floor. We were told that everything except micro waves and flat screen TV's used in the resort rooms were made in the United States. If you have an opportunity to visit this resort while at WDW it is worth taking the tour. Just made reservations for May.

Thanks for the tip...as a retired travel manager I love to see other hotels and glad to know this is an option!!

What did the standard rooms look like...about the same layout/size as the other Vaues? We have a WDW trip in the planning stages and will consider AofA, but don't need a family suite...thanks!

We asked at the front desk about tours and were told they were given at certain times during the day. We went at 10:00 am. We walked over from Pop and let them know at the front desk we were there for the tour. We did not get to look at a Little Mermaid room because they were still working on that section of the resort but were told they are layed out the same as the other values. There are no preferred rooms at AofA. Everything is within a short walk to the food court, main pool, and front desk. The Little Mermaid rooms are the furthest away. The tour guide told us they wanted to make this resort all Suites but the one building was already started and it was standard rooms so they left it. Again I would encourage anyone interested in staying here to take this tour if possible.

We've stayed at Pop multiple times; we are so looking forward to our upcoming stay at AoA!

Thanks for the info. We were originally booked at AoA LM section for our upcoming trip, but had to change our dates and it was unavailable for our new dates. We're at Pop, so this would be awesome to take a tour. Although we probably would have just ended up wandering over there at some point anyway to check it out on our own.

Do you need to be a resort guest (staying in a WDW hotel) to go on a tour? We are locals and DH is a cast member so we don't stay on property very often. We'd love to take a tour though! We did walk around the Cars section a couple weeks ago and thought it was really neat!

While at Pop in June we ate at the AoA food court and LOVED it!!! The tandoori option was fantastic and my kids loved it as well. It felt odd though to not have plastic utensils and plates.......don't see how that can last long.

Do you need to be a resort guest (staying in a WDW hotel) to go on a tour? We are locals and DH is a cast member so we don't stay on property very often. We'd love to take a tour though! We did walk around the Cars section a couple weeks ago and thought it was really neat!
No,the AoA tours are open to anyone.:)

Thanks for the tip...as a retired travel manager I love to see other hotels and glad to know this is an option!!

What did the standard rooms look like...about the same layout/size as the other Vaues? We have a WDW trip in the planning stages and will consider AofA, but don't need a family suite...thanks!

The standard rooms will look very similar to the rooms Pop/All-Star rooms. The only thing you'll notice is the new themes not available at the other Value resorts. We'll be there 12/1 for an AoA/AKL split stay. Can't wait.

No you don't have to be staying on WDW properties to take the tour. It was fun to be able to look at the suites and sure wish we could have seen one of the Little Mermaid rooms. I did look at a video that was released today and they look very cute. Can't wait until May to actually stay there.

We've stayed at Pop multiple times; we are so looking forward to our upcoming stay at AoA!

Your signature caught my attention,I wanted to tell you congratulations on your anniversary,birthdays,and being smoke free:thumbsup2
I found myself thinking..WOW..What a great trip this will be for them:) We are staying at AoA in a few weeks,and needless to say we are beyond excited:yay:

Thank you! :goodvibes

I hope they will still give tours in November. I would LOVE to see the rooms. I would like to stay here, but would appreciate seeing the furniture & sleeping arrangements, as well as handicapped bathrooms, first.

Thanks again for letting us know the tour is possible. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter