Too. Much. Food. Our Anniversary DxDDP Reviews**Completed!! With drinks and snacks**

Snack Credits

We started the 5 day trip with 20 snack credits. We used the overwhelming majority of our credits on 16 oz Smart Waters. At $3.25 they were not a bad use of a snack credit for us. Everyone is different. We didn't ship down a case of waters or have a rental car. We didn't mind using our snack credits on the waters.

Some snacks we enjoyed that were not waters lol:

DH- Raspberry Lemonade slushie from Enchanted Grove in MK. We both lovved this! It was tart and refreshing. I had to practically convince him to get it, but when he did he thanked me!
DH- Pretzel from Goofy's Candy Co. dipped in milk chocolate and covered in peanut butter chips. YUM! We didn't eat this til back in NY and it was STILL good!
DH- Mickey head rice krispy treats (plain)-He got a few of these along the way and we both loved them!

Me- Peanut Butter Fudge Oreo cookie from Goofy's. Yummmm!! Super super yummy. It's a giant oreo cookie (like the size of your palm) filled with a really mild peanut butter fudge. SO good!
Me-Tuna salad cup from Sunshine Season. This really hit the spot. I'm someone that craves salty snacks more than sweet, and DH and I shared this yummy little tuna cup after a long EMH morning at EPCOT.
Me-Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake from Starring Rolls- OMGGGGGGGGGGG THAT'S IT!!! THIS IS THE ULTIMATEEEEE!!!!! We got this to go, and ate it after our Roaring Forks lunch on departure day. I can't say enough about this. The cupcake part was the most rich, moist, chocolate cake ever. It was filled with a chocolate/peanut butter cream. It's frosted with what I can only describe as Peanut butter caramel. And it's rolled in SHAVED dark chocolate curls. HEAVEN. OVERLOAD OF CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTERRRRR. :cloud9::lovestruc
Me-Side Salad from Roaring Forks- Eh, just that an iceberg lettuce side salad with Ken's fat Free Italian dressing.

Overall Assessment

We did the Deluxe Dining Plan because we got 40% off on it. The PIN I received was full of pixie dust, and not only covered the room, but also the dining plan. It was freaking awesome. So we basically paid $42 a day for the deluxe plan. :thumbsup2 We spent $437.94 on the Deluxe Dining plan for 5 nights, and added up all our meals, without tips to be $1109.39. It was a great value for us on this trip, and we got to try a bunch of Signature restaurants.

That being said, I don't think we will ever do the Deluxe plan again. It's unheard of to order a 3 course meal 2 or 3 times a day! We just couldn't do it! We hated how we felt not finishing meals, and finally just stopped ordering so much! It was too much food at each sitting.

We will either do the Reg DDP and then pay OOP for the rest, or if we are ever AP holders, we will do TIW. :goodvibes:goodvibes

We started the 5 day trip with 20 snack credits. We used the overwhelming majority of our credits on 16 oz Smart Waters. At $3.25 they were not a bad use of a snack credit for us. Everyone is different. We didn't ship down a case of waters or have a rental car. We didn't mind using our snack credits on the waters.

Great reviews! Thanks for taking the time to post. I can't wait to read your trip report.

My family and I will have an obscene amount of snack credits - 4 people x 2 snacks per day x 8 nights = 64!!! :eek: I fully intend on getting Smart Waters and Powerades with most of those credits. We're getting plently of dessert and I've ordered a cake from Chef Brian (SOOOOO excited for that!), so I really don't think we will be needing to use many of the snacks for sweets or ice cream. But, our snack "must haves" are Mickey bars, popcorn, maybe a dole whip and funnel cake in the MK if it is still a snack credit.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post! I love reading dining reviews and yours are AWESOME!!!

Drinks around WDW

Monorail Resorts:

Wilderness Lodge, our home had the best poolside bar ever! We got dos Patron margaritas at least once a day. Hey we were on vacay baby!! How great is it when the freaking WL POOL BAR has Patron?!?!

Grand Floridian-Mizner's: I had the Rosa Regale, and DH had a Patron Classico Margarita. The Rosa Regale is a sparkling red wine, which is sweet and refreshing. DH's margarita was really strong! WOW!

Contemporary- Wave Bar/Lounge: I had a Magical Star cocktail with a glow cube! It was like sweet delicious juice. It was one of those cocktails that don't even taste like they have liquor in them, but will totally rock you if you have a few! Especially on an empty stomach! DH discovered the Agave Nectar Margarita here, which was on the menu at all the resort restaurants we went to. This margarita was made with 1800 Tequila which is smoother than Patron, and allowed the taste of the agave to come out. Patron remains my tequila of choice, but these signature drinks were delicious!

DisneyAnniversaryTrip054-1.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip055-1.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip056-1.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip057-1.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip058-1.jpg

I love the above progression! So fun! Love the glow cube!!!

EPCOT- Resorts

Yacht Club- Yachtsman Steakhouse, Agave nectar Margaritas. Same as ever, and delicious!

EPCOT- World Showcase

France: Grey Goose Slushie- Omg soo good! I got two of these over the course of our trip. They are the perfect portion size, and super yummy. You CAN taste the vodka, and they are good.

Mexico- La Cava del Tequila: We simply walked up to the bar and got a couple of margaritas to go. It was quick and simple! I got the Clasico Margarita with Patron Silver. DH got the Blood Orange Margarita. Mine was sooo good. Nice and strong, and tart. DH's was very sweet. It was yummy, and we both liked it, but it was a little intense. Very sweet. I think everyone should try it at least once! We had a good time walking around the plaza inside and cooling off for a bit.

Oh, I totally agree, that slushie in France is amazing! We saw it on some Disney special and were certain that we had to try it - so glad we did! Yum!

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience @ Narcoossee's the second time around. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that server when we go. You know, that sauce was the reason my husband didn't like the filet - I'll have to let him know that he can request it on the side (but who knows if it'll actually be on the side?).

Great, great report!! Looks/sounds like you had a great time.

Thanks for the entertaining reviews! I assume you stayed at CL at the WL. What did you think? Do you have a review of that? We just booked it today with a 40% off pin.

Thanks!

Great TR! Loved reading your drink reviews and the Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde experience at Narcoossee.

I'm so glad you posted about the small tuna cups from Sunshine Seasons. I had been wondering if there were any non-carb/non-sweet snacks anywhere. We're also on the deluxe plan and will have 64 snack credits to use :scared1: I think it's very smart to use snack credits for Smart Waters. We plan on doing the same.

You are the first report I hear of a 40% pin for both the resort and the deluxe dining plan. I'm so jealous! :goodvibes Did you get it emailed or by mail? Did it say it was for both things or were you surprised when you called? I think if I got this pin, I would extend my vacation from 9 days to 12!

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to post!

Alright, RID-IC how quick you knocked these out!!!

You guys are such a good looking couple...you're kids will look adorable! :cutie:

Yachtsman - wow...you know, you probably wouldn't have been so confused if you had had a couple shots of silver...usually solves any problem! :lmao: But really, that's very odd! and I'm sure kind of annoying!

50's - I sooo want to do this too next time! DH and I would have a ball playing with the servers!

Omgosh how horrific about Narcoossee's the second time...I would be sooo disappointed! I'm surprised you even left a tip! We tip pretty good normally (between 20-22) but we've left a penny tip before just because of how awful the service/person has been.

Your snacks sound awesome! Especially that cupcake...I LOVE cupcakes...who the heck am I kidding, I love anything that has sugar and flour in it! :rotfl2:

Ok, seriously we need to coordinate a trip where we run into each other, just to get some drinks! :lmao: I love my drinky's and sometimes, it's funner to have drinks with other people (you know besides by yourself or with your DH :thumbsup2) I think it may be because we are such social butterflys and then add alcohol to that and FORGET IT!! :rotfl:

So when do you start your TR!!!??? I'm soo looking forward to it!

Oh, I totally agree, that slushie in France is amazing! We saw it on some Disney special and were certain that we had to try it - so glad we did! Yum!

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience @ Narcoossee's the second time around. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that server when we go. You know, that sauce was the reason my husband didn't like the filet - I'll have to let him know that he can request it on the side (but who knows if it'll actually be on the side?).

Great, great report!! Looks/sounds like you had a great time.

Omg slushie in France so good! Definitely keep an eye out for Nelson, the best server ever! And make sure you wait for another table if it's Lori! :rotfl: Let your husband know he can order his filet NO sauce at any restaurant! It's great! They usually do it correctly, not to worry :thumbsup2

Thanks for the entertaining reviews! I assume you stayed at CL at the WL. What did you think? Do you have a review of that? We just booked it today with a 40% off pin.

Thanks!

Congrats on booking WL CL! We loved it. Loved the 7th floor, loved the lounge for convenient and healthy-ish breakfasts, loved the wine and beer...We used the IPO for lots of pre-planning things like certain ADR's I couldn't get through DD they were able to get for us, also the were able to plan our cakes, Wildlife Discovery Excursion, buy ponchos for us...And while we were there, they were able to switch ADR's for us, and were a huge help overall. I will say that the evening offerings were not the greatest-the bbq chicken skewers were really good, but that was about it as far as the hot foods go. We loved the cheeses, breads, hummus, veggies and dip...They had the most delicious blue cheese dip for the veggies. We didn't book the CL for the evening offerings as much as the convenience of breakfast, and the IPO amenities. With the PIN it was a no-brainer. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions! My full TR will include all the details of staying CL. I'm going to start that very shortly, and I will include a link in my siggy for it. :goodvibes

Great TR! Loved reading your drink reviews and the Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde experience at Narcoossee.

I'm so glad you posted about the small tuna cups from Sunshine Seasons. I had been wondering if there were any non-carb/non-sweet snacks anywhere. We're also on the deluxe plan and will have 64 snack credits to use :scared1: I think it's very smart to use snack credits for Smart Waters. We plan on doing the same.

You are the first report I hear of a 40% pin for both the resort and the deluxe dining plan. I'm so jealous! :goodvibes Did you get it emailed or by mail? Did it say it was for both things or were you surprised when you called? I think if I got this pin, I would extend my vacation from 9 days to 12!

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to post!

Ok, I feel it's time for me to address your screen name...I LOVE IT! It makes me feel right at home. My mom is Argentinian, and vino tinto is like mother nature to me lol. Anyhoo :rotfl: I totally feel you on the non-carb, non sweet snacks. Non-carb is harder, but there are definitely options out there. At sunshine seasons they also had little hummus and babaganoush cups, also hard boiled eggs which is huge for some people. The tuna was sooo good. WOW 64 snack credits!! Crazy!! The SmartWaters were a great choice for us, they were cold and refreshing and worth it!

Ok about the PIN. It was pure pixie dust. We had NO trip planned, NOTHING. After our horrible Disneymoon, we never thought we could afford to go back. Then BOOM I get a 40% off pin. When I called to find out, the CM on the phone was really sweet. I told him what happened on our last trip, etc and we talked for awhile about how much we loved WDW and all the magic. When he looked up my pin, he said, let me see if I can find a pin for everything. He put me on hold for a good couple of minutes and came back and said this pin goes across the board! I don't know if that really included park tickets (we only bought one day park hopper bc we had the tickets from last year) or just the room and the dining plan, but it was such a great deal! We were so happy! We only booked the regular dining plan. As we got closer to the trip DH and I decided to splurge and go Deluxe, and when we called they said the pin had expired. They put me on hold for another few minutes and came back and said they extended the pin, and we got the discount on DxDDP! Pure Disney pixie dust. I haven't really heard any stories like this, so I didn't want to post about it, but since you asked, I told. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Alright, RID-IC how quick you knocked these out!!!

You guys are such a good looking couple...you're kids will look adorable! :cutie:

Yachtsman - wow...you know, you probably wouldn't have been so confused if you had had a couple shots of silver...usually solves any problem! :lmao: But really, that's very odd! and I'm sure kind of annoying!

50's - I sooo want to do this too next time! DH and I would have a ball playing with the servers!

Omgosh how horrific about Narcoossee's the second time...I would be sooo disappointed! I'm surprised you even left a tip! We tip pretty good normally (between 20-22) but we've left a penny tip before just because of how awful the service/person has been.

Your snacks sound awesome! Especially that cupcake...I LOVE cupcakes...who the heck am I kidding, I love anything that has sugar and flour in it! :rotfl2:

Ok, seriously we need to coordinate a trip where we run into each other, just to get some drinks! :lmao: I love my drinky's and sometimes, it's funner to have drinks with other people (you know besides by yourself or with your DH :thumbsup2) I think it may be because we are such social butterflys and then add alcohol to that and FORGET IT!! :rotfl:

So when do you start your TR!!!??? I'm soo looking forward to it!

Awww thank you lil mama!! Same goes to you and your DH!! Talk about a gorgeous couple!!! We are like opposites- we're the blondies and you guys are the brunettes!! It's pretty cute actually. I think we need to plan a massive WDW get together!!! Jo and Eric would round out our crew, and our friends Tommy and Gina would be the ultimate addition!! Well, our dates are 11/18-11/21! T+G have said they just may be able to get down with us that trip! Also I know I can book more than one room on my 40% off pin.......!!!!!! HOLLER BABY!!!!!!

Ok back to Narc, WHAT A BUST! DH and I have left a penny, only once, and it was at a Chili's on I-Drive :rotfl: I also wrote her a little note which said "here's a tip, if you actually did your job you might get one" :thumbsup2 I was surprised when DH came out and said he left 10%. I would have left a fiver and a smiley face on the receipt, or nothing. Oh well, she did bring us DH's delicious dinner which we both enjoyed!

You. Must. Try. That. Cupcake. OMGGGGG DEATH BY CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTERRRRR!!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Make a date. Starring Rolls Cafe. Snack Credit. ChocoPbutter Cupcake. :rotfl2:

We need to do some SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS!! Up in the World girlfriend!!!! I'm just as friendly as I seem!!!! :rotfl: Just ask Jo, we hit it off really well and now our poor husbands think we're nuts probably :lmao: Honey, this is my internet friend, Allegra....:surfweb::rotfl:

Great reviews!!

We are honeymooning soon, and reading your reviewa got me more excited. :goodvibes

You should really try Citricos next time....it is AMAZING :thumbsup2
By any chance, totally random, but where you an LIweddings.com bride??

Lisa

We didn't take a million pictures of the food, but there will be some pics along the way of certain plates we loved. We were just trying our best to enjoy our meals and time together, and get back out to the parks! We had some really outstanding meals on this trip, and we actually had the amazing pleasure of being served by THE best server of all time at one meal. There were some hits and misses along the way, but we shall get into that soon enough

I've just read through all this - your report is great!:thumbsup2
I know you both didn't like it but I had the potato, bacon and cabbage chowder on my honeymoon in 07 (and loved it :banana:) and was gutted it wasn't on the menu at Christmas 08 :sad1:
Really hope they still have it in October!

Wow, you've been busy :laughing:
Thanks for getting these reviews up so quickly, I have really enjoyed reading them
I really want to try Narcoossees on our next trip as the menu looks wonderful to me. What a shame your service wasn't great on your second visit :confused:
It just shows what a difference your server can make to your experience
We are staying a WL for our next vacation so I am very happy to hear your comments on the pool bar. I better warn DH that we may be spending longer than usual at the resort :rotfl:

Great reviews!!

We are honeymooning soon, and reading your reviewa got me more excited. :goodvibes

You should really try Citricos next time....it is AMAZING :thumbsup2
By any chance, totally random, but where you an LIweddings.com bride??

Lisa

So exciting for you!! Congrats on your upcoming Disneymoon!!! I knowww I wanted to try Citricos so badly!!!

Yes, I was an LIW bride! I was also a bridesmaid for their Wedding of the Year lol. A bunch of people have recognized me from that :goodvibes

I've just read through all this - your report is great!:thumbsup2
I know you both didn't like it but I had the potato, bacon and cabbage chowder on my honeymoon in 07 (and loved it :banana:) and was gutted it wasn't on the menu at Christmas 08 :sad1:
Really hope they still have it in October!

Thank you! I sure hope they still have the soup for you when you're there!!!!

Wow, you've been busy :laughing:
Thanks for getting these reviews up so quickly, I have really enjoyed reading them
I really want to try Narcoossees on our next trip as the menu looks wonderful to me. What a shame your service wasn't great on your second visit :confused:
It just shows what a difference your server can make to your experience
We are staying a WL for our next vacation so I am very happy to hear your comments on the pool bar. I better warn DH that we may be spending longer than usual at the resort :rotfl:

Yes, a busy little bee!!! I know it's not how most people do reviews on here, but I can't wait to get started on my TR so I wanted to get the dining reviews done! Plus I know they can be helpful to those going soon.

Um, yeah, WL pool bar= SCORE!!!! Talk to Kendra, she's been there forever and is really knowledgeable and nice!!!

You. Must. Try. That. Cupcake. OMGGGGG DEATH BY CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTERRRRR!!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Make a date. Starring Rolls Cafe. Snack Credit. ChocoPbutter Cupcake. :rotfl2:

OK, because of your picture and great review, I have noted on my itinerary that one morning that we are at MGM (I know, I know Hollywood Studios, but it will always be MGM to me :rolleyes1), I will be using a snack credit to get one of those YUMMY cupcakes for breakfast :dance3: !!

So exciting for you!! Congrats on your upcoming Disneymoon!!! I knowww I wanted to try Citricos so badly!!!

Yes, I was an LIW bride! I was also a bridesmaid for their Wedding of the Year lol. A bunch of people have recognized me from that :goodvibes

That is TOO funny :rotfl:
I am a 2010 bride over there. (Mrs. Z To be).
I am so excited to find a fellow disney obsessed LIW'er :rotfl2:

I hope I can write my reviews as well as yours!! :wizard:

Hey there! Just stumbled upon your awesome reviews...thanks for all the great details and pictures. I'm gonna keep my eye out for your complete trip report. :3dglasses By the way, I love your Snow White...what a bold move. I was showing my DH your drink review photos and descriptions (esp. the tequila comments) and he said "Now there's a girl who takes her Disney drinks seriously!" Then he scrolled up and saw your Snow White and said "and apparantly she takes her Disney princesses seriously, too!" :wizard:

I just read your whole Dining Review!!! I'm sorry Lori didn't work out for you guys, she was pretty great to us.. :( She even gave us champagne from Mickey on our anniversary.... But, I'm so glad your meals were yummy! I can't wait to read your TR!!! :) And yes, those Magical Star Cocktails are killer!

YAY for dining reviews! :cool1:

I am sorry you had such wonky service at Yachtsman! I would NOT be happy if the server dumped tap water in my bottled water! :headache: We ended up cancelling our re-scheduled ADR as well, because Ricardo's dad had to go back in the hospital. :guilty: But we would rather not go if he isn't going to be there. We'll go next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter