Too late for Deluxe?

Luvlylisa

Earning My Ears
If I get the Deluxe Dining Plan for a trip this November (16th to the 22).
Will I have any chance to get reservations at table service restaurants or am I too last minute? It seems like there is a good chance that I pay for this and then can't use all (or even most) of my meals for sit down places as they are booked so far in advance.

I had hoped to use 2 credits for a show or sig restaurant but worry I am just too last min in planning to make it worth upgrading to deluxe...

If I'm not too late I would love recommendations for good places to try to get reservations.

Thanks!

PS This is my first post here--taking my 7 (and a half!) year old son for his first trip to Disney World!!!!
:banana:

I would suggest trying to get your ADRs lined up before you upgrade. If you cannot get the TS you want don't upgrade.

Agree with PP.

Go to disneyworld.com and click on "where to eat." Try to set up the ADRs you want. If you get enough to make the plan worthwhile, then get the plan.

Just be sure to cancel those ADRs if you decide not to go to them.

I was going to say the same thing as the others. See what kind of ADR's you can get and then if you have some luck getting those, go ahead and upgrade to DxDP :thumbsup2

Thanks! Everyone seems so worried about ADR's that I was in a bit of a panic-but I am finding some (although we are out of luck on some of the character options-but with flexibility even those are possible)!

I may post this in a new thread-but I wondered: If I get deluxe dining plan and I eat at a TS place without any appetizer options on the menu am I given anything in replacement of that? (I am looking at the MK Plaza Restaurant menu and don't see any)

Thanks again!
:cheer2:

Maybe, maybe not. Signature restaraunts are often a bit easier to get ADRs at. Since they are 2 TS credits, most folks on the regular plan won't book them, or not more than one a trip.

So like PPs have said, if you can make enough ADRs to make it worthwhile for you, go ahead. :)

Like others have stated see what you can book online at this late a date to see if it will be worth it or not.

I looked & saw very few character meals available. However, I did Chef Mickey for a party of 4 at 7:05 a.m. on 11/16. Thought you might want that one!

Other good ones I saw for party of 4:

LeCellier 11/21 at 1:10 p.m.
LeCellier 11/22 at 7:10 p.m.
Calif Grill 11/19 at 7:50 p.m. [Wishes are at 10 p.m. that night]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter