Too early to book Orbit One for January?

mrsmagic

How Many More Days?
Our dates are set for late next January because our kids have a few days off from school, and I found Orbit One for $299/7 nights on getravelop. It feels so early to book this, because part of our deposit isn't refundable. However, once we buy it we won't be tempted to stay onsite!

Can anyone reassure me that this is the best deal around on a 2 bedroom!

Thanks, I'm new (but happy) to be part of the offsite world!

if you are set on Orbit One

here is what RCI wants for Extra Vacation at the resort in January 2007

Resort ID: 5109
Resort Name: ORBIT ONE VACATION VILLAS See Reviews
KISSIMMEE FL, USA
Please note: Extra Vacations may include inventory that is not discounted through Special Promotions nor available through Exchanges. If you are making last minute travel plans, don't forget to check the Last Call section of our website for the best pricing on select resorts.
Please click here to view Last Call inventory.

Select Unit Type Max Occ/Privacy Kitchen Check-in Date Price
2 6 / 6 Full 01/07/2007 $669.99
2 6 / 6 Full 01/13/2007 $669.99
2 6 / 6 Full 01/21/2007 $719.99
2 6 / 6 Full 01/27/2007 $719.99

orbit one also appears on skyauction sometimes ....think someone said they got it using the ready set go auction...

you can check out what is available by doing a search on "ready"

they usually show 3 current auctions

"click for more info or to bid" on one of them

under the 1.

click here

it then takes you to a search engine very similar to getravelop.....duh....they should be since they are both accessing the RCI inventory

right now they are not showing any inventory for Orlando in january of next year but would keep checking

ready set go can go for any bid from 1$ up to which you must add 210$ in taxes and processing fees....

the last time we used ready set go .....the average bid was about 50$ but i see an auction that will end in 13 minutes that now stands at 26$, 5 minutes out it is 35$, when it was finally finished the magic number of 50$ appeared and two were successful.....thus the cost is 265$

nice thing about ready set go is the ability to "put a room on hold: with respect to the auction you are doing or if you do not have an idea where you are going .....you can win the auction and choose your week later on...

right now the ready set go ....leads out to

Check-in Dates Allowed: Anytime within the following date(s):
Now thru 3/1/2007
Check-out Dates Allowed: Anytime within the following date(s):
Now thru 3/8/2007

I think it looks like such a good deal how could you not book??? Is there any other fee's or anything else associated w/ the price??

Wow, thanks - that is really helpful! I think my only reluctancy is that I can't really change my mind and I just started the condo research. Orbit One, however, seems like one of the few that has 2 bedrooms available (we are a family of five) and has Sunday arrival.

Ah, the thrill of the hunt!

OO gets very positive reviews on the DIS. It's not a "resort", and is an older property, but by all accounts is well-maintained and the location is great---you can't get much closer in the 192 corridor. You might be able to save another $50 or so, but I'd just book this now so that you have the price and location locked down. If I got it for that price, I'd be very pleased.

I booked it! I'm very happy, and the $299 includes taxes/fees for anyone eligible (I'm the 15 hour per month water meter reader for my township - not a bad perk for my little job!)

Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter