Tony's Town Square

*QueenB*

Mouseketeer
Opinion? DH and I went there six years ago and I thought it was really good. However since its been several years looking for updated insight. Going to also look on allears at reviews. Already looked at menu.

Our Ratings of Tony's Town Square (Dinner): (12/2/2010)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Not something to write home about. Meat
dishes are average and Italian entrees are akin to
Chef-Boy-R-Dee; tomato sauce, but definitely not a
marinara. The appetizers are average. In a pinch,
will do, but there are far better choices. Desserts
are simple, but pretty good.

Tony's hasn't changed much since your last visit, even though it has been six years. I don't particularly like the place, but your recollections of your last meal should be fairly accurate. The restaurant offers extremely basic and simple Italian-American food in a manner that suggests it values speed over quality. If you're looking to escape the heat and sit for an hour, Tony's is a nice way to relax and enjoy a meal. But don't go in with high expectations.

Our Ratings of Tony's Town Square (Dinner): (12/2/2010)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Not something to write home about. Meat
dishes are average and Italian entrees are akin to
Chef-Boy-R-Dee; tomato sauce, but definitely not a
marinara. The appetizers are average. In a pinch,
will do, but there are far better choices. Desserts
are simple, but pretty good.

Thank you for your honesty. I do not like tomato based sauce so was going to go for the chicken calzone if opted to go there.

being from NJ with an Italian heritage i honestly ate there once and in comparison it is an Olive Garden also only ate there once so you do the math.

Tony's hasn't changed much since your last visit, even though it has been six years. I don't particularly like the place, but your recollections of your last meal should be fairly accurate. The restaurant offers extremely basic and simple Italian-American food in a manner that suggests it values speed over quality. If you're looking to escape the heat and sit for an hour, Tony's is a nice way to relax and enjoy a meal. But don't go in with high expectations.

I worry about that because I was 18 when we ate there and I strongly dislike a lot of food that I used to like.

Is it too harsh to say I think it may even be one step below Olive Garden?

I think the OG is better but the food at Tonys is fine. For us our reason for not returning has more to do with the very rude CM's at the hostess desk. Seriously! We have tried this place 3 different times and I think they are the worst CM's on property. DH won't even consider going again.

Is it too harsh to say I think it may even be one step below Olive Garden?

HARSH?? I didnt think it was harsh enough! :lmao: I'd give it THREE steps below oliver garden!!!! It was by far the WORST meal in our entire 10 day trip. Their tomato sauce is disgusting. I had the chicken parm, blah!! :sick: My son had the spag & balls, I tried a meatball and had to spit it into a napkin. So gross. And we're not picky! The only good thing was the location and the pistachio creme brulee. If you really have to dine here, stay away from anything with tomato sauce and you SHOULD BE ok. Good luck!

We have been there a few times and really like it...love the calamari!

we ate there last year. Guess we are in the minority. My ds loved it, the staff was amazing, we even got a free dessert (Bday) and I would return

i ate there last year, and really enjoyed it. we are actually going back this september. the food is not outstanding, but i didn't think it was bad. we had a nice dinner, and we were able to relax, but were not in there for more than an hour or so. we had a great server. if you go in knowing, its standard food then you would be fine. MK lacks table service (CRT is too expensive to me without kids, and i do not like LTT at all) so i take it for what its worth.
if you want to eat at the MK then take a look at those menus, and also the buffet at CP. other than that, its all fast food

In my opinion, my lunch there was one of the worst meals I've had at Disney.

However, if you had something you liked there, I don't think anything has changed much over the years. You'll probably still be able to get something at least comparable to what you enjoyed six years ago.

We ate here in February and really enjoyed our meal. Loved the theme of the place since I am a big Lady and The Tramp fan! The service was great too.

We actually really like Tony's. The food isn't anything fantastic, but it's certainly acceptable. But what makes it somewhere we return to is the atmosphere.

Based on some of the responses here, I can't tell if Tony's is truly awful, or if the posters here really like Olive Garden. ;)

I must be in the minority here also because I like Tony's and have an adr there for our upcoming trip in Sept. The food is ok, nothing great and nothing awful. I really like the atmosphere of the restaurant and have had really good CMs in the past. Lady and the Tramp is my favorite disney movie so maybe that has something to do with it!!

Based on some of the responses here, I can't tell if Tony's is truly awful, or if the posters here really like Olive Garden. ;)

Well, I agree with a lot of those responses, and I definitely don't really like Olive Garden :)

One of two truly bad dining experiences I've had at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter