Ton's O' Pic's...again PLUS VIDEOS yes I said VIDEOS all right,giggity

toyman70

Mouseketeer
Happy holidays everyone, I am back and it's been 2 years since my last report.
We were waiting to revisit Disney until Harry Potter opened and also wanted to celebrate my birthday,
it's a special one I turned 480 months old (40 for the slow ones, no need to break out the calculator) on Dec. 16th.
We also for the first time got to see the Christmas decorations, never did in all the 16 other visits.

SO any way, we drove from Philly with our dog waffles. We adopted him a year ago and wanted him
near by so we put him up at the Villa (yes fancy, but shelter dogs are worth it) in the best friends pet care.
Awesome place as you could see his room in the video.
[URL=http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee461/burgerman70/?action=view&current=wafflesatbestfriendssleeping.mp4][/URL]
CLICK THE ABOVE PICTURE FOR VIDEO

Nice place, I could sleep here if it wasn't for the barking.

Anyway since we drove 18 hours each way I am going to include the food pictures from the road trip first.
If you don't want to look at them since it's not Disney, look away now. I think you'll look anyway. Go on take a peek...

These are not in any order just grouped in.

B & D burger in Savannah GA.

This place I had read about and figured it was near where we stayed for the night so why not.
I love burgers right? Hell yes I do, if you read by past reports you would know that. Speaking of past report here are the
links for any slackers that missed the greatest reports ever.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=926961

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1221382

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1582201

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1955346

There you are if you had not read them go do it NOW, you can't go on any further until you do.
Plus did you do all your chores & homework, I think not.

Back to the food. The burger was ridiculously awesome. Cooked perfect and the cheddar melted just right,
plus anything with bacon is better. I did ask for no BBQ sauce but it somehow was on there, good thing, it was tasty.
The onion rings & fries were very good, fresh made in house. If your near by STOP
and get some vittles.

My wife only had a few bites since she really wanted Paula Deen's Lady & sons food.
It was only 2 blocks away so we got her some of that (and I had a few bites).

fried chicken

Hoe cake (not that kind of hoe)

pecan pie

All was real good. We got take out since we had the dog with us but it was all tasty,
plus it made the wife happy.
Here is the bad news, I have to go to work BUT I will be back later to post a TON more.
Well maybe not a TON, all today but you know. So get your eatin pants on your in for a doozy.

I forgot to mention this is the first time in like, a while since we didn't have the free dining plan, and boy was I glad.
We paid cash for all foods. You remember paying for food right?
No restraints and not we were not stuck at just eating in the parks and hotels.
Plus breakfast is so much cheaper and better else
where. You know I am talking about you waffle house & steak & shake ( yes burgers ARE for breakfast)
Stay tuned...................

Looks like fun. Count me in too. And I'll read those past trip reports... as soon as my chores are done. :upsidedow

All right campers, MORE ROOD FOOD just as
promised, hope your chores are done. I will check!

waffle house

wafflehouse-waffle.jpg

wafflehouse-3eggomletehashbrowns.jpg

wafflehouse-bag.jpg

We ate here once on the way down and grabbed a waffle,which surprisingly
was delicious. Go figure. While in Disney we grabbed a omelet platter and
again very good. Way to go waffle house for making waffles that taste good.
It would be most embarrassing if you didn't, being that you call your self
"waffle house". I only wish there was ONE close to me, not a hour away. Down south it's like EVERYWHERE. Come one put one near Philly, please.

I love Waffle house, when we go on a road trip and I see a Waffle house (even when its dinner time)...I make my husband stop and we eat waffle for dinner...yummy. I think the nearest to us is 3 hours away.

I was doing my HW and reading your previous reviews, and I really enjoyed them, so I'm in!

As an aside, one of the most vivid memories I have of our 1992 trip to WDW as a child, was that there was a Waffle House every few feet in Kissimmee (or at least, it seemed that way). Horrible trip, but I do remember the Waffle Houses. Never ate in one, though.

Next up ZAXBY"S

zaxbys-friedpickles.jpg

Never heard of it but passed a bunch of them,plus it was next to the gas station as we were refilling.
It was early, 10:50am so we split a caramel pecan shake.MMMM breakfast shake. It was OK, not as good as all the steak & shakes,shakes we had.
But on the flip side I got FRIED PICKLES. I didn't see anywhere we ate carry them. I love the crap out of pickles.
Plus when you fry them....do I need to say more.
They were good, but I have had better from a place in Philly (Memphis taproom). For fast food they were good enough,
except the fact that they were $2.79 for only a hand full of them. Come on, pickles are like almost free.
Pickle rapists.

I was doing my HW and reading your previous reviews, and I really enjoyed them, so I'm in!

As an aside, one of the most vivid memories I have of our 1992 trip to WDW as a child, was that there was a Waffle House every few feet in Kissimmee (or at least, it seemed that way). Horrible trip, but I do remember the Waffle Houses. Never ate in one, though.

You are really doing yourself a disservice if you don't have it at least
once when your by one again. Think of it as a trip report, it's now part of your future homework.

MY favorite
STEAK & SHAKE (lots of them)

I friggin LOVE the meat out of Steak & Shake. It blows away any fast food burger (even 5 guys & in & out).
I would know, it's my life mission to eat all of them.
This is not from one meal. We ate here on the way down, while at Disney, the way back. For breakfast, lunch & dinner.
I think they put something in them to make you crave the crap out of them.
The meat is always cooked after ordering. Fresh toppings.
The fries were pretty good. The hand dipped shakes were great also.
We had 2 other shakes ( peanut butter & turtle sundae) but the
butter pecan was our favorite. There were also a few other burgers
that I didn't take a picture of, since I had so many already. Don't judge me.

It's a good thing the nearest one is hours from me or I'd
be there too much. If you love burgers, or kinda like them.
STOP HERE, and get some now.

just went through most of your 2008 reviews, well aren't you a breath of fresh air , you deserve 3 dancing dudes :dance3:
can't wait for the rest

BOJANGLES

another stop near a gas fill up. We kept seeing them so figured
what the hell. It smelled good. The chicken sandwich was better
than I expected, but nothing wow wee. The fries were shockingly
tasty. It's the seasoning, plus they were fresh, which helps.
We left satisfied and content, thats always a plus.

Thats all for tonight, NO WHINING.
I will be posting more in the morning before work
so read up and study, then brush them teeth. I will check.
lights OUT!

I am definitely in!!! So funny that you stopped at all of the places that are within rock throwing distance of my house!! We all make fun of Waffle House down here in the south, but it's great at 3am and you're craving hashbrowns, scattered, covered, smothered, and topped! We just got our first Steak and Shake about 5 years ago and it's pretty good. I do love our new 5 guys though. And Bojangles (pronounced bo-HAN-glaze - Spanish :lmao:) is one of the food groups for my DH. However, if you want an AMAZING chicken sandwich, next time you are below the mason dixon try Chik-Fil-A!

Can't wait for more!

I am definitely in!!! So funny that you stopped at all of the places that are within rock throwing distance of my house!! We all make fun of Waffle House down here in the south, but it's great at 3am and you're craving hashbrowns, scattered, covered, smothered, and topped! We just got our first Steak and Shake about 5 years ago and it's pretty good. I do love our new 5 guys though. And Bojangles (pronounced bo-HAN-glaze - Spanish :lmao:) is one of the food groups for my DH. However, if you want an AMAZING chicken sandwich, next time you are below the mason dixon try Chik-Fil-A!

Can't wait for more!

Love Chik-Fil-A got one 5 minutes from me and there all over the area here.

Happy holidays everyone, I am back and it's been 2 years since my last report.
We were waiting to revisit Disney until Harry Potter opened and also wanted to celebrate my birthday, it's a special one I turned 480 months old (40 for the slow ones, no need to break out the calculator) on Dec. 16th. We also for the first time got to see the Christmas decorations, never did in all the 16 other visits.

SO any way, we drove from Philly with our dog waffles. We adopted him a year ago and wanted him near by so we put him up at the Villa (yes fancy, but shelter dogs are worth it) in the best friends pet care. Awesome place as you could see his room in the video.
[URL=http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee461/burgerman70/?action=view&current=wafflesatbestfriendssleeping.mp4][/URL]
CLICK THE ABOVE PICTURE FOR VIDEO

Nice place, I could sleep here if it wasn't for the barking.

Anyway since we drove 18 hours each way I am going to include the food pictures from the road trip first. If you don't want to look at them since it's not Disney, look away now. I think you'll look anyway. Go on take a peek...

These are not in any order just grouped in.

B & D burger in Savannah GA.

This place I had read about and figured it was near where we stayed for the night so why not. I love burgers right? Hell yes I do, if you read by past reports you would know that. Speaking of past report here are the links for any slackers that missed the greatest reports ever.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=926961

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1221382

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1582201

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1955346

There you are if you had not read them go do it NOW, you can't go on any further until you do. Plus did you do all your chores & homework, I think not.

Back to the food. The burger was ridiculously awesome. Cooked perfect and the cheddar melted just right, plus anything with bacon is better. I did ask for no BBQ sauce but it somehow was on there, good thing, it was tasty. The
onion rings & fries were very good, fresh made in house. If your near by STOP
and get some vittles.

My wife only had a few bites since she really wanted Paula Deen's Lady & sons food. It was only 2 blocks away so we got her some of that (and I had a few bites).

fried chicken

Hoe cake (not that kind of hoe)

pecan pie

All was real good. We got take out since we had the dog with us but it was all tasty, plus it made the wife happy.
Here is the bad news, I have to go to work BUT I will be back later to post a TON more. Well maybe not a TON, all today but you know. So get your eatin pants on your in for a doozy.

I forgot to mention this is the first time in like, a while since we didn't have the free dining plan, and boy was I glad.
No restraints and not stuck at just eating in the parks and hotels. Plus breakfast is so much cheaper and better else
where. You know I am talking about you waffle house & steak & shake ( yes burgers ARE for breakfast)
Stay tuned...................

OMG! I think the place where your dog stayed was great! I don't have a dog, but, we have a cat and we also put her up in a Kitty Inn and people make fun. Sorry for the "quote" but I love the trip report so far.

Oh good- you're snarky. My favorite writing style. :cool1: It's like you're the Tony Bourdain of PA. :thumbsup2:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter