Toni & Bobby's Shabby Chic wedding PJ & TR (SBP/Attic/UK) 2/2/09 *COMPLETE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
arent you excited about getting your planner, its a feeling like you are getting somewhere.. dont forget to post all details

arent you excited about getting your planner, its a feeling like you are getting somewhere.. dont forget to post all details

I know now I really feel like I can get started!! I am still trying to get myself to love the Attic. I do like it but it just seems strange to me. I am all about the big fancy ballrooms and things like that so its not something I have been thinking about all my life...lol. Getting a ballroom would be silly for me though since I only have 30 people. But I promise to post updates all the time! Especially after my planning session which I am super happy about!!

You have to post all about your planning session too! I can't wait to see!

Celeste is our planner. She is great: helpful, prompt, and to the point. We haven't met her in person but will be at the GF for our planning session in about 2 weeks. I am really looking forward to finally meeting her.

Maybe you've already thought of this, but if you really have your heart set on a ballroom, have you considered the Whitehall Room & Patio? It's like a mini ballroom, and the patio/porch area is lovely. If you do a search for Ember's trip report, she had her reception there with something like 24 people.

These pix aren't the greatest...

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

Maybe you've already thought of this, but if you really have your heart set on a ballroom, have you considered the Whitehall Room & Patio? It's like a mini ballroom, and the patio/porch area is lovely. If you do a search for Ember's trip report, she had her reception there with something like 24 people.

These pix aren't the greatest...

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

Actually I did think of the Whitehall room too. My fiance would kill me if I switched now...lol. I have been driving him crazy with the wedding! Besides, if you loved the Attic I am sure it really is beautiful. I will be checking it out when I go down in june for my planning session. I think I am just being a big baby...lol. It is something different which is good. I need to step out of my cookie cutter wedding thoughts. The one thing I do love about the attic is the deck outside. That is awesome. I think what my problem is, is that I am a Jersey shore girl. I have been here all my life and the boardwalk (which is like Atlantic City) is old news to me. So I think its just like yeah ok I see this everyday...lol. It will be great though anywhere. Just as long as I am in Disney I am a happy girl :cutie: Thanks for all your help carrie!! You really help so many people on here!

Hello, just happened upon your PJ. Everything looks really great!!!! We are having our DFTW in June of 2009....I can't wait to get things going!!! I am super excited and have all of these ideas. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to get a wedding planner!! We are getting married at the wedding pavilion, and having the reception at the Boardwalk ballroom. :banana: I will have to start my own PJ soon, as soon as I figure out how to post pics and links!! I am kind of new to this site.. :)

Just started reading through your journal since I got back. I love your princess dress it will look fantastic. Are you going to do a MK shoot? I think that dress definitely goes along with that theme and would look great in front of the castle!

The Donald and Daisy accessories are so cute. I remember one bride had Donald stamps on her cake instead of the standard Mickey ones which was such a great detail.

The Attic does have some great views of Epcot and I think (not 100% positive) that you can see some of Illuminations from there if you have an evening reception. The one warning because we considered it for our reception before we outgrew those sites, it is a really, really long walk down cooridors of guest rooms from the elevators to the Attic, we had some elderly guests and I know it might have been too much for them.

Save the Dates!!​

So I recieved my Save the Dates in the mail along with the Cake and Music CD's. My family and DF's family was so excited to get them. They all called us to tell us how cool it was and what a nice package they put together. Silly people.

I was excited because now people will stop bugging me with "when can we make our reservations"? My poor daddy started tearing up reading the Save the Date because his baby is getting married....lol. I said no of that nonsense!! :rotfl: Im not all about the tears and emotions. It makes me uneasy for some reason :rotfl:

So I gave everyone the choices of:

The Grand Floridian (Obvious choice)
Cornado Springs (request of my brothers)
Wilderness Resort and Campground (request of FMIL)
All Star Movies (nobody's request, just what they are getting..lol)

I have decided on my cake..that was an ordeal....poor DF :laughing: I will save that post for a little later though ;)

Just started reading through your journal since I got back. I love your princess dress it will look fantastic. Are you going to do a MK shoot? I think that dress definitely goes along with that theme and would look great in front of the castle!

The Donald and Daisy accessories are so cute. I remember one bride had Donald stamps on her cake instead of the standard Mickey ones which was such a great detail.

The Attic does have some great views of Epcot and I think (not 100% positive) that you can see some of Illuminations from there if you have an evening reception. The one warning because we considered it for our reception before we outgrew those sites, it is a really, really long walk down cooridors of guest rooms from the elevators to the Attic, we had some elderly guests and I know it might have been too much for them.

Thank you so much!! I am having a Magic Kingdom shoot! I am also have the carriage so all of these elements kind of helped me pick the dress, plus I loved how poofy it was..lol.

I am going to get to see the Attic in June. I am having a planning session and site visit. I don't have anyone elderly so that should work out but it is something to think about. Actually the more things that I find, like my cake, flowers, etc. that I have found actually fit pretty well with the Attic and I am starting to get really excited about it. I am having a DP so I will see Illuminations in Epcot but it does seem to have a nice view of Spaceship Earth!

Hello, just happened upon your PJ. Everything looks really great!!!! We are having our DFTW in June of 2009....I can't wait to get things going!!! I am super excited and have all of these ideas. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to get a wedding planner!! We are getting married at the wedding pavilion, and having the reception at the Boardwalk ballroom. :banana: I will have to start my own PJ soon, as soon as I figure out how to post pics and links!! I am kind of new to this site.. :)

Thank you so much! I can't wait to read yours. I will keep a look out for it!! :thumbsup2

yey toni,

I was happy too when the save the dates went out b/c then they would stop bugging me, well they still asked when they could make reservations, "HELLO did you not read your Save the Dates"

Cant wait to see your cake!!!!

yey toni,

I was happy too when the save the dates went out b/c then they would stop bugging me, well they still asked when they could make reservations, "HELLO did you not read your Save the Dates"

Cant wait to see your cake!!!!
Wow, all I can say is you guys are lucky that people are excited and bugging you about making reservations....I wish it were that way on my end. Ever since we started planning our DFTW all we have heard from DF's side of the family is what a pain in the butt it will be to travel, and why do we have to have it there, etc. Just negative, negative, all the time!!!! It really does become a downer and very frustrating when people deliberately go out of their way to burst your bubble and make you feel bad about your own wedding!!! That's only his side though, my side of that family is all for it!!!! AHHHHHHH!!! Just a little vent, thanks for listening!! :)

Wow, all I can say is you guys are lucky that people are excited and bugging you about making reservations....I wish it were that way on my end. Ever since we started planning our DFTW all we have heard from DF's side of the family is what a pain in the butt it will be to travel, and why do we have to have it there, etc. Just negative, negative, all the time!!!! It really does become a downer and very frustrating when people deliberately go out of their way to burst your bubble and make you feel bad about your own wedding!!! That's only his side though, my side of that family is all for it!!!! AHHHHHHH!!! Just a little vent, thanks for listening!! :)

Yeah that is true I should be happy they all want to go. I have seen many brides on here that have problems with their families. I don't know why people voice their opinions over what a bother it will be to travel to a wedding. I would never put down someone's wedding plans. That is supposed to be their happy day and nobody should get upset or mad. I am lucky my family is filled with Disney freaks like myself..lol

Hi Toni,

Just read your PJ... Great Start so far. I just had to leave you a message because me and my DF met on myspace as well in may 2006. We knew right away as well. We havent been apart since the night we met. We talked about marriage right away but waited a year before we got engaged. We are also from NJ. I'm from morris county and he is from sussex county. We recently moved to FL but our families are still there and they are all coming for the wedding. I always thought since I was little that I would have my wedding in NJ at a golf course called crystal spring in october. Then we just wanted a vegas wedding but my parents said NO WAY! my mom suggested disney and we knew it was right. Good luck with planning. Mine is in 3 mths and believe me its coming up quick. btw my DF wants a tungtsen ring. He said it will be the only kind he will wear.

Renee

Hi Toni,

Just read your PJ... Great Start so far. I just had to leave you a message because me and my DF met on myspace as well in may 2006. We knew right away as well. We havent been apart since the night we met. We talked about marriage right away but waited a year before we got engaged. We are also from NJ. I'm from morris county and he is from sussex county. We recently moved to FL but our families are still there and they are all coming for the wedding. I always thought since I was little that I would have my wedding in NJ at a golf course called crystal spring in october. Then we just wanted a vegas wedding but my parents said NO WAY! my mom suggested disney and we knew it was right. Good luck with planning. Mine is in 3 mths and believe me its coming up quick. btw my DF wants a tungtsen ring. He said it will be the only kind he will wear.

Renee

Oh wow! That is awesome! There must be something about Myspace :laughing: I actually "stalked" him on myspace before talking to him. Its a good way to find out how he really is..lol. That sounds bad but it is a joke with us now. I am from South Jersey and that is so funny your DF would only wear a tungston ring. Exactly what my DF said. He picked it out so as long as he likes it thats all that matters. That is so exciting you only have 3 months left. I can't wait to see pictures!! I will have to check out your PJ. Did the time go by fast?? I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter